Mega Man X the Highlight of Europe's Wii Schedule

Posted by James Newton

Notable absences, though

Capcom will finally release Super Nintendo classic Mega Man X in Europe next month, nearly a whole year after its North American début in April 2011.

The 16-bit blaster isn't the only Virtual Console game present in Nintendo's release list for early 2012 — while there's no Strider or Super Street Fighter II with online play to be found here, there is Metal Slug 3 down for April.

La-Mulana is apparently out in April too.

Still, here's Europe's partial 2012 Wii list.

Wii

The Last Story™ (Nintendo) — 24th February 2012
The Last Story™ Limited Edition (Nintendo) — 24th February 2012
Wicked Monsters Blast (PQube) — 24th February 2012
Mario Party™ 9 — 2nd March 2012
Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012 (Activision) — 16th March 2012
BIT.TRIP COMPLETE (Rising Star Games) — 16th March 2012 (Pan – Europe)
Poke Park™ 2: Wonders Beyond (Nintendo) — 23rd March 2012
We Sing Pop! (Nordic Games Publishing) — 23rd March 2012
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle (dtp entertainment AG (distributor)) — 23rd March 2012 (Germany Switzerland, Austria)
The Ultimate Battle of the Sexes Quiz & Play (dtp young entertainment GmbH) — 30th March 2012
Nickelodeon Dance (2K Play) — 30th March 2012 (UK,FR,SP, Benelux, Australia, NZ)
Summer Stars 2012 (Deep Silver) — 30th March 2012
Back to the Future The Game (Deep Silver) — 30th March 2012 (PAL)
Turbo Trainz (Mastertronic) — 12th April 2012 (France)
Pandora’s Tower™ (Nintendo) — 13th April 2012
Pandora’s Tower™ Limited Edition (Nintendo) — 13th April 2012
BATTLESHIP the videogame (Activision) — April 2012
Disney.Pixar Brave (Disney) — June-August 2012
Athletics Tournament (PQube) — Q2 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision) — Q2 2012
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo) — 2012

WiiWare

La-Mulana (Nicalis) — April 2012

Virtual Console

Mega Man x (CAPCOM) — March 2012
Metal Slug 3 (D4 Entertainment) — April 2012

What do you make of this list?

Megajack

Megajack said:

dont need megaman X on my wii since i have the megaman X collection for the playstation 2.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

If La-Mulana is out in April I'll eat my ham. That's the expression right?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll definitely get The last story, Bit. trip complete and Pandora's tower at some point and I might get Rhythm paradise fever.
EDIT: I forgot Mario party 9, I'll probably get that at some point too.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Not bad, not brilliant. Only want Mario Party 9 on there and possibly Rhythm Paradise/Heaven Fever. There are some good title on that list, but its slowing downam no chance for Excitebots in Europe then.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Congrats, Euro ladies, & gents! You get a VC game! & one of my favorite ones @ that! Mega Man X is a very cool title to d/l into your collection! :)

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I'll get Megaman X too but are we ever going to get Axelay?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Nope. We got a Konami game that Australia did not get (I forget which) and in return, they got Axelay that we aren't going to get. I don't know why it happened like this.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Well Nintendo has moved onto their handheld now. Sony's has only just come out and Microsoft doesn't have one. Besides, the PS3 and XBOX 360 are generally doing better than the Wii has been doing in a long time.

I hope we get Mega Man X this week. I have the points for it for months now.

rockman_zero

rockman_zero said:

wouldnt bother since i own ps2 collections wich i got wen it 1st came out wont bother supportin crapcom now