Bit Boy!! ARCADE for eShop is Halfway Done

Posted by James Newton

Bplus returns

After Bit Boy!! on WiiWare, download developer Bplus is bringing the series to 3DS with Bit Boy!! ARCADE on the way to the eShop in 2012.

This portable version has several additions over its WiiWare brother, with new stages, weapons and blocks, plus the ability to buy continues with Play Coins.

Bit Boy!! ARCADE is 50% complete according to Bplus, so we should see it later this year.

Game Designer versus Game Hero | Bernd VS Kubi

Not just a BIT of emotions...

Witness what happens when the time travelling pixel hero Kubi finds out that he is only a part of a game.

Behold his emotions and get excited about the impact this will have on the game.
How will the battle between the game designer and his hero turn out?

> Rescue Kubi's friends in every phase
> Reach the score limit to master a level in story mode
> New types of nasty, intelligent monsters
> Shoot enemies up in the air with a pixel twist attack
> Fight against huge and really hard Bosses
> Use Play Coins to continue; which you will need to do a lot!
> Levels progress in phases
> Use bomb and rocket blocks to blast monsters and enviroment
> Move Blocks in a blink of an eye with new pixel kinetic forces
> 3D-Graphics with impressive depth
> Use spring blocks to jump back and forth between 3D platforms
> Digital control in realtime with absolutely no movement lag
> Hunt for highscores to get medals in every level
> The different control schemes include touch screen input

The Nintendo 3DS™ action maze game Bit Boy!! ARCADE is in develompment for the Nintendo eShop and is around 50% complete.

Visit my profile on Google+ http://gplus.to/Bplus
Find the official Kubi-Icons for use on your websites, in your blogs and posts on the official website: http://bitboy.bplus.at

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

An urgent selling point if there ever was one.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

So they're releasing it today, right? 50% done means it's ready :D

Hey Philip, looking forward to another wonderful review :D

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

Buying continues with Play Coins is a great idea. I wish more developers, especially Nintendo, would do more with the Play Coins. I was disappointed that Mario Kart 7 made no use of them whatsoever.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

> How will the battle between the game designer and his -hero- victims turn out?

#corrections

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

i always knew you were a shill for Adam somehow, pixelface >:3
remember, Phil is Adam's sockpuppet >:3

Terra

Terra said:

As I said on Twitter already, I've fled to my bunker in fear of this. More Bit Boy is very worrying indeed D:

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Looks like the eshop's nearly flawless line of quality downloads is about to come to an abrupt end. :(

Birdman

Birdman said:

I'll keep my eye on this one, but considering the first one was fairly mediocre, I won't be surprised if I'm passing on this one.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

"Digital control in realtime with absolutely no movement lag" - Wow ! This will be the best game ever. Thanks for hyping me up like that, Bplus. :o

Adam

Adam said:

And Bit Trip Complete is already out, so they did spend more development time than Gaijin.

I have never been happier that 3DSWare does not offer gifting games.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

please let them let us gift games by the time this hits... there will be quite a few people receiving this lump of coal in their eShop stockings >:3

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Wow, the immediate reaction (from ADMINS) is astonishingly unfair.

Bad track record? I suppose so (although I enjoyed Plattchen a bit).

But this is just rude, harsh, and unfair.

Other companies with many bad games under their belt (See: THQ and their effortless cash-in shovelware) are given fair chances.

EDIT: Just came to mind, before Video Games/Hanafuda Cards, Nintendo had a LONG streak of utter failures.

And WayForward (a company I absolutely ADORE) made some pretty games as well (Ping Pals)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Hmmm, Bitboy doesn't seem that great. I don't think people need another sequel, though I could be wrong!

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

"Digital control in realtime with absolutely no movement lag"- this must has something to do with the Wiiware version. Alright, i'll bite and check out the review for that one.