Nintendo Outs Jett Rocket Super Surf for 3DS eShop

Posted by James Newton

No secrets in this place

Nintendo just took the lid off Shin'en Multimedia's long-teased 3DS follow-up to WiiWare hit Jett Rocket.

Called Jett Rocket Super Surf, the game will hit the 3DS eShop in early 2012.

Other than that, we know next-to nothing about the game, but we're going out on a limb and suggesting it involves surfing.

More details as we get them.

Link79

Link79 said:

I was expecting another platforming romp similar to the Wiiware game.
I hope this isn't just some surf racing game.

ArmoredGoomba

ArmoredGoomba said:

Shinen said the next Jett Rockett probably wouldn't not be a platformer, so yeah guys it's likely just a racing game.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

It will be a shame if it's not a platformer, but in a way it could be a good thing that the franchise is branching out, which could show that it is here to stay. I still need to buy the original; probably will at Christmas.

James

James said:

I asked Manfred at Shin'en and he tells me that he can't tell me anything at the moment. The wait continues.

NiaLovesNinty

NiaLovesNinty said:

Loved Jett Rocket on WiiWare (well at least the demo). I should buy the full version. Hopefully the 3DS Jett Rocket doesn't disappoint. I would have preferred a platformer, assuming this is a racer, but either way I hope it's good.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I'm sure it will be fantastic; this is Shin'en.
I played the Jett Rocket demo on WiiWare, and although the main character looked mildly disturbing and the voicework was awful the gameplay itself managed to overcome both of those easily.

Traxx

Traxx said:

It's a good thing it isn't "just a plattformer" since this genre is dead and boring. One good Mario game per generation is well enough to fulfill any platforming needs.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I played the Wiiware demo of Jett Rocket and it was good fun. Hopefully this'll be good too. Plus I might actually get it this time.:P

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Well, considering how awesome FAST was as F-Zero clone, this will probably be awesome as a Wave Race clone. Way to fill the void Shin'nen!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

A good game is a good game. Genres don't really matter to me. With a great new idea and high accessibility you can make any genre interesting imo. (See the Mario RPG's for example.)
It absolutely was one the very best WiiWare games and with the quality Shinen delivers regularly i've got no worries that this one will be great too.
I'm with C-Olimar (7.) in that it would be great if Jett Rockett would at least get some of the popularity Mario or Kirby enjoy.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm going out on a limb and guessing this doesn't involve surfing. Who wants to play a surfing game? Go Vacation has surfing and it's kinda lame. Jet skis - which I only recently discovered in Crash Bandicot as the precursor to Jak and Daxter - are fun. Water skiing could be fun. Wakeboarding HD is fun (except for the way too difficult to get thru mission structure) Surfing is too much work w/ too little reward.

We actually own Jett Rocket and it was fun but a little short. I think I described it as a proof of concept for remaking Jak and Daxter into a 40mg Wiiware game. I also recall it was short b/c it was supposed to be the first game in a series or trilogy or something. I'm guessing this is the 2nd game, even if it isn't a platformer. The 4th Jak and Daxter game - Jak X - was a racer.