Sonic Generations Shots Show Casino Night Action

Posted by James Newton

A winner?

Nintendo UK just let loose a set of new screens and details for Sonic Generations, showing classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2 stage Casino Night Zone.

The page also reveals you'll be able to use accumulated Play Coins to unlock new challenges, with new missions opened up via StreetPass exchanges with other players.

Two owners of the game can face off with the multi-card multiplayer mode to earn status points — whatever they are — to see who's the 'fastest hedgehog on the block'.

Sonic Generations is out in November — we played it back in July, so check out our Sonic Generations preview for our verdict so far.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

Colors

Colors said:

I'm feeling more and more guilty that I'm buying the PS3 version with each screenshot :|

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Still can't get excited about the game yet. Your preview and the screenshots so far don't look like this one can come anywhere near Colors or the Rush games.
But the use of Play Coins, StreetPass and multiplayer sound interesting.

jackaroo

jackaroo said:

Im actually excited about this now. I wasnt at first because it looked awful but after the recent gamescom vids my opinion has changed. They've made alot of improvements since E3 so im very much looking forward to this version now. Im still far more excited about the HD Versions but ill definatly be getting this version alongside the HD one.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Don't screw this up Sega. The handhelds and Colours Sonics were very good - please keep to that form.

Nice screenshots....

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

They should really subtitle this version since it has different levels from the HD versions. Im buying both anyway.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

If I get this at all (Sonic has burned me so many times, that I am a little gun-shy haha), it will be the 360 version. The demo was pretty decent. I'll admit, I bet the 3D will look fantastic on this version, though!

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I'm still enraged that we're not getting the full version on consoles, but this version is looking find nonetheless.

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

Can't say I'm too excited for the 3ds Sonic Generations, Since the Ps3 and Xbox360 versions look a lot better. But this looks promising.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Nice, but I still won't be getting it. Even as a huge Sonic fan (understatement), I've gotten pretty tired of the Rush gameplay. The special stages in this version? That's what the Modern stages should have been like, even if they had to trim them down or even cut out a couple stages like with Unleashed on Wii. (Just don't cut out the best stage like on that version :P)

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i'm getting this game. I haven't played a Sonic game since the Sonic Classic Collection on DS

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

I enjoyed the 360 demo, it was a lot of fun.. but the modern Sonic sections look as bad as ever. It's great that the 3DS version is actually a different game, but I'm still not sold on the gameplay after so many bad games in the past.

And yes, I played Colours.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Looks promising, hopefully Sega doesn't screw things up, Colors, Rush 1 & 2, and Advance 1, 2, & 3 were great Sonic games on Nintendo's handhelds, this one would upped the trend even further.

moosa

moosa said:

I already have all the Genesis games so I really don't see the appeal here.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

@10 & 16 I totally agree. I can't began to explain how ticked off I was when I heard that Modern stages were in 2D. It seems like they're not putting as much effort into the 3DS one as opposed to the HD ones.

Play4Bingo

Play4Bingo said:

It looks great. Sonic was a part of my childhood so it's great to see that the brand is still going strong, and hopefully they don't ruin a good thing!