New 3DS Cartoon Network Fighter Screenshots Punch Out

Posted by James Newton

How's it looking?

Who would win in a fight between Dexter and Samurai Jack? How about between Ben 10 and the Powerpuff Girls? Soon you can put an end to these globally-recognised debates with Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, a new fighting game heading to 3DS on 24th May.

Crave Entertainment sent over a group of new screenshots that show the characters' unique abilities in action, including swordfighting, fireballs and giggling. Hopefully the Super Smash Bros.-like action will work well on the 3DS, so stay tuned for our upcoming review to see how this one stacks up against the other fighting games on 3DS.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Looks good, if not a bit repetitive. I'd have to see more.

And in answer to your questions, Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls. =P

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Some of those characters look awful as 3D models. Otherwise, it looks decent.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Bloo as a fireball. XD
I'm seriously considering purchasing the game. The graphics have improved greatly from the first gameplay video and Mac & Bloo are in it! :D

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

There seem to be minor characters in it (i.e. The Ultrabots from Samurai Jack). Maybe they're from the story mode?

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

@Twilight
They are only as enemies in the story mode.
Anyway, I have been following this game for awhile and I'm interested in it, but they haven't shown any gameplay since almost a month ago.

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

Watching some of the gameplay in a few videos, it doesnt look all that great (which is really disappointing to me, I love Cartoon Networks cartoons) so I'm hoping it turns out better than what I've seen, I'd really like this to be a great game.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

This game has the potential to be BA but they put too many characters from one show and then completely left out others.

StreetRat

StreetRat said:

I'm surprised they picked Flapjack for a fighting game above Finn and Jake from Adventure Time and the trio from Symbiotic Titan.