BBFC Slaps 17th June Date on Resident Evil: Mercenaries

Posted by James Newton

With free demo included

Today Capcom announced that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will come with a Resident Evil Revelations demo, but when can UK gamers get their hands on the multiplayer monster mash? As soon as 17th June, according to ratings board BBFC.

The board slapped a 15 certificate on the game and its included demo — named Resident Evil Revelations Pilot Version — with a release date down for 17th June. Of course, until Capcom Europe makes an official announcement this is entirely speculative, but considering the recent Resident Evil-related leaks we wouldn't be surprised if this came true.

[via bbfc.org.uk]

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Nice, me and my sis look forward to the Resident Evil games. But what's that about a demo? Me want.

Revanmann

Revanmann said:

they marked it 15+ for strong bloody violence if so that means no language and i could quite possibly be rated T in the US meaning i'd sure as heck get a 3DS

Azikira

Azikira said:

Awesome, great to hear our Mercenaries game will have even MORE goodies for us :D

zionich

zionich said:

All were missing is the announcement next moth to be Monster Hunter, yay Capcom.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Wouldn't this kind of suck the freshness out of Revelations? I'll still most likely be buying, and if Barry is a no show I'm going to cry. :p

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Yay, can't wait to get this! Now to convince my parents to let me get it...

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@ Mr.iwantwiipoints: I strongly doubt that either of the Resident Evil games will be rated T on the 3DS. Hell, even the Resident Evil 1 port on DS was rated M in the U.S., and the visuals in that game were quite primitive by contemporary standards.

"Strong bloody violence" makes it almost a certainty that it will be rated M in the U.S.

Yosher

Yosher said:

From the moment I heard this game would have online co-op, I'm quite looking forward to this game!

Noire

Noire said:

I was gonna buy this anyways, but with the demo, I am ... more sold?

idk I just know I get to play as Jill. On a boat. Motherflosswaffles, don't you ever forget.