See Yourself in Ridge Racer on the 3DS

Posted by Trevor Chan

Reiko Nagase won't be the only pretty face in-game

Last October, we brought you the list of launch window titles for the Japanese release of the 3DS sytem, and although not every title will have a guaranteed spot next to the handheld when it launches on 26th February, racing fans will be greeted at some point with Namco Bandai Games' Ridge Racer, of which Famitsu has published a few tidbits.

As translated by AndriaSang, the game will once again have the lovely Reiko Nagase as the digital mascot and has already appeared on official artwork for the game.

What's even more interesting is the ability for players to snap a photo of themselves and use the picture as their profile icon during multiplayer races. Fans can expect to see the return of old but popular courses, as well as some new ones, and the vehicles will get the same treatment too.

Ridge Racer on the 3DS will also support the StreetPass mode, although further details have yet to be confirmed.

[via andriasang.com]

Oregano

Oregano said:

Looks quite a bit better but still really rough. Asphalt looks quite a bit better, which should probably be embarrassing for Namco.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

well im definitly getting this cuz the last ridge racer game i played was on the ps1 lol

triforceofcourage

triforceofcourage said:

this may be a contender for best game on the 3DS graphics wise. Pretty impressive. Although graphics arent everything, so im waiting for reviews.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Is it sad all I can think about when I hear Ridge Racer is the Sony conference when they unveiled the PS3 lineup and price? I can't buy the game for that reason alone.

Terra

Terra said:

@Otaku - We don't do 6.5 ratings. At least I don't think we do, unless the other staff members are hiding something from me as part of an elaborate conspiracy :O :P

motang

motang said:

Ah this game looks like it's shaping up well! But I hope it will play well.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Since we're Nintendo fans and Nintendo Nintend-owns Sony, I won't stoop to the levels of their peon personel who introduce Ridge Racer in the whimsical fashion. I, for one, will opt for something a little different.

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ridge R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-racer!

Crunc

Crunc said:

I think they should take a 3D photo of you and put that into the game. Not sure if that's possible, though.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Isn't this that one and only game that's crappy on the 3DS? (unless they fixed that issue or whatever...)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Most of the reliable previewers are saying this game was the least impressive of the 3DS games .... especially graphically

Varoennauraa

Varoennauraa said:

Nice to see Namco upped graphics to at least decent levels, so that they dont have to be ashamed anymore...getting better, but could be even better. I like the face feature.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Why do we get excited for Ridge Racer? Every entry in the series I've seen over the last few years have ranged from sub-par to pretty straight-up awful.