Wii Remote Plus Launching in Europe Before Japan

Posted by Trevor Chan

Same colours though

It's usually a given that most Nintendo products will launch in the Motherland first before any other region, but European gamers might want to rejoice as the Wii Remote Plus will be launching in Europe on 5th November, about a week before it launches in Japan.

The Wii Remote Plus has the MotionPlus built-in and has the same dimensions as the standard Wii Remote. In line with the Japanese launch, the super remotes will also be available in the same colours: white, blue, pink and black.

Nintendo of Japan will be replacing the remotes that come bundled with the Wii console with these updated ones when it launches over in the Land of the Rising Sun on 11th November, but it's unclear at this point whether that is the plan for Europe too, although we'd guess it's fairly likely. No word yet on the pricing or whether Europe will be getting the red Nunchuk to go with the limited edition red Wii or not.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Odd. Can't say that's ever happened before. Oh well, better for those Europeans, I guess.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Sweeeeet, shame no red, but I suppose they're keeping that one limited to console packs.
Can probably get one on ebay for a small fortune though.

3DS

3DS said:

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay europe is the best woop woop

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

WTF? I thought Japan was getting a red one to go with the other 4 colours and you said the same colours were coming to Europe but there is no red?? Is the red remote only being sold in the limited edition Wii? I really hope (and extremely doubt) that Nintendo Australia can give us the red remote at least close to the European launch.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

I'm not surprised. The Wii has done incredibly well in PAL regions, especially among the new gaming crowd. Releasing the Wiimote Plus there is showing confidence in the region and encouraging casual players to use Motion Plus. Perhaps there are some casual Motion Plus titles on the way?

Pj1

Pj1 said:

@ Jimlad Playasia.com should have them for about £40.00

I'm going to buy a blue one but if the red becomes available I'll buy that one.

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

Someone must have told Nintendo November 2010 was the once-a-century Make Europeas Happy Month! Seems like everything's suddenly being released there and not NA, or there first or whatever, when it's almost NEVER that way.

Mqblank

Mqblank said:

Nintendo Europe are trying to soften the blow of the 3DS costing £250!! (possibly)

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

What happens to existing stand-along MotionPlus and regular Wii Remote. Today I noticed shops selling the Black Remote with MotionPlus for £50 and the MotionPlus for £22 while I hear in Japan the Wii Remote Plus won't cost more than a regular remote.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

All right guys, look at this pattern...Wii Remote Plus is launching before FlingSmash in Europe and Japan. As far as we know it's launching with FlingSmash in America. Couldn't it be assumed it'd launch in America before FlingSmash comes out? Even if it doesn't it's only a 2 day difference between when Europe and America get their hands on it so it's really not that big of a deal if we don't get something before Europe...

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Eh, for this one I don't care if they release it in NA or not. If I want to play my whooping one game that supports WM+, I can just use the plug-in. No need to buy yet another Wiimote.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I think all those years of Nintendo favoring the US over Europe are over. Think about it;

-SNES Classic Controller and better rewards in general on their Club Nintendo program
-25th Anniversary Edition of Super Mario All-Stars
-25th Anniversary Edition Wii and DSi XL systems
-Virtual Console games seem to come out first in Europe now.
-Wiimote Plus in Europe first.

Perhaps Nintendo isn't happy with the weak US dollor or something, but it seems to me Europe is finally getting it's come uppin's.