A Duo of Doctor Who Titles Regenerate in November

Posted by James Newton

One on Wii, one on DS

The announcement of new Doctor Who games on Wii and DS brought more than a ripple of excitement to the gaming world, and now we have official release dates for both games. Fans of the time-travelling Doctor will be able to get their hands on Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth for DS and Doctor Who: Return to Earth for Wii on November 12th.

Both titles feature the likeness of current Timelord Matt Smith, with the Wii game letting gamers grapple with favourite gadgets, including the Sonic Screwdriver. DS owners are faced with a mission to recover the TARDIS in a puzzle-based adventure game, with over 100 brain-teasers to be solved along the way.

If you really want to get into the campy spirit of these titles, don't forget the officially licensed Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Wii Remote and DS stylus to complete your natty ensemble.

You can also view screenshots for the DS game here and the Wii release here.

[via incgamers.com]

Related Games

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

No thanks. These aren't the kind of Who games I'd like. I expect the Wii version will be high on cutscenes and low on content.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Judging by the screen shots, the ds game looks like a bad Layton rip-off and wii version looks even worse.

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

the screenshots make the Wii graphics looks worse than the free PC download games the BBC did this year! It looks like another case of some bunch of idiots who know nothing about computer games (let's face it, the developers have a CV of nothing but shovelware) buying a license and knowing they can knock out any old cobblers because people will buy it for what it is part of. The sonic screwdriver wiimotes looks lovely, though!

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

As much a fan of Doctor Who I am, I probably will stay away from this one.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

I was so looking forward to these games when they announced the project back in the spring. This looks like it will be a let down :( . At least I love the Sonic Screwdriver Wii Remote. That I will definitely get!

MagFlare

MagFlare said:

Hey, some of those Return to Earth screenshots look pretty good! Much better than I'd expect for the PS1.

Hang on -- it's supposed to be a Wii game? Oh. Oh.

Man, it's not like Doctor Who is some sort of tiny unknown property that doesn't merit a good game. And it's certainly not as though there aren't any British developers who'd give their left gonad to work on it.

Terra

Terra said:

Well, you always get the shoddy film adaptations, so a shoddy TV show adaptation wouldn't surprise me. Still, I love Doctor Who so I'm holding out hope.