Help Professor Layton Find the Lost Future on October 22nd

Posted by James Newton

European release date and name change confirmed

It's a double-whammy of release date announcement news for Europeans today, as Nintendo also rubber-stamps the next Professor Layton game for a release on October 22nd.

Changing its North American name from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future to Professor Layton and the Lost Future, the game still includes all the dialogue, animated sequences and even the story of how the top hat professor gained his trademark headgear.

We spent a brief session with the Professor at a recent London event, and you can read our Professor Layton and the Lost Future First Impressions online.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

invmat

invmat said:

I thought we were getting it soon after the NA release. Well, at least Europe gets The Last Window first. That should be enough for the wait.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I found this out earlier today but I'm glad that it's finally got an eu release date, this is one of my most anticipated games.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Arrgghh. That's Sonic Colours and now Prof Layton 3 that are coming out later than amazon are saying (end of Sept) according to my pre-order page. Ah well, budget wise, this is good I s'pose.

Huge Prof Layton fans in my household. Devoured the first two games completely on two save profiles each game. One of my favourite games serieses ever. No. 4 is top of my list to buy when I buy my 3DS.

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

I wonder why they have to keep changing the title.
In the 2nd game, it was Diabolical Box in NA and Pandora's Box in the UK. They did call mention Pandora's Box a lot in the game by name... I'm curious if in the NA version the dialogue was different, so there was no reference to Pandora's Box.

Ahiru77

Ahiru77 said:

Okay DBZ future story count:
1. Sailor Moon
2. Heroes
3. Sonic the Hedgehog
4. Professor Layton

PirateSquirrel

PirateSquirrel said:

I think the name changes for Europe are always towards really simple vocabulary. They probably want only one name for all of Europe but one that is understood by everyone with a basic knowledge of the English language.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

As long as they keep Luke's UK voice actor, I'll be happy.

@6

They must have done. If you listen carefully, sometimes you can hear that some of the spoken dialogue referring to Pandora's Box is a very slightly different tone to some that doesn't make such references, indicating that it wasn't recorded at the same time.

Punny

Punny said:

Luke does make a good point. In fact, if you come up too close to him, he'll make a good poke, too! :)

Now I'll have to get used to The Lost Future instead of The Unwound Future!

EDIT: No I don't! The name change is only for the European version!

HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi said:

I loved the first two, but i've never finished none of them. I always stop playing for whatever reason...

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I'm gonna get the first one this weekend. The more I look into these games, the more i reckon I'll enjoy them!

jediknight

jediknight said:

i have diabolical box. mindbending but awesome. cant wait 4 it to come out in the usa!!!