E3 2010: Sonic Colours Looks Seriously Tasty

Posted by James Newton

Sweet Mountain screenshots show burgers, sweets and wisps

Sega isn't holding an official press conference during E3 but that doesn't mean it's going to shrink away: today it's unveiled brand new screenshots and a trailer of upcoming hedgehog platformer Sonic Colours (or, if you don't speak British English, Sonic Colors) for Wii and DS.

The Wii screenshots show off the Sweet Mountain and Tropical Resort stages, with two of the Wisp power-ups shown in action for good measure. On the DS side of things the game's looking remarkably similar to the popular Sonic Rush series, no surprise considering the involvement of Dimps, and certainly not a bad thing.

Check out the trailer below and head over to the pages for Sonic Colours Wii and Sonic Colours DS to check out the brand new screenshots.

[via flickr.com]

CharlieRod

CharlieRod said:

I don't think the in game graphics looks that good, but maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully it's fun! I still want to get it.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

@V8
Towards the ending of the clip the singer sounded more and more like Owl City. Maybe it`s just us? :D

But please Sonic Team don`t **** this up!

Terra

Terra said:

Looks good, and I also quite liked the music as well.

@V8 Ninja - No it wasn't sadly (I'm a big fan of Owl City) but this guy is still pretty good. If you look at the bottom right corner during the middle of the trailer, you can see who performs the music

Buster13

Buster13 said:

Hope it looks good in motion, because the screen shots look just enough "Out There" to get me interested.

pixelman

pixelman said:

If they have Owl City for the soundtrack... that alone would sell me. :D These screenies are lookin' good. Looks like they're really promoting the 2D gameplay.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Lol, I agree with Pixelman. I don't know about this one. I'm psyched for Sonic 4, but this one seems a bit off to me, and I'm a big Sonic fan :/

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Those look like the daytime levels in Unleashed, and the DS game looks like Sonic Rush 3. Both look good. :)

93jam

93jam said:

This looks good, hope its like the Day levels of Unleashed, and no other types of levels, thats where Sonic Team always messes up.