Capcom Wants To Know Your Favorite TvC Characters

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Promises the results are for something "fun."

Oh, Capcom, you're always up to something, aren't you?

Over on his Unity blog, community manager Seth Killian wants to know what your favorite characters are from the upcoming Wii fighter Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but the reason for this isn't so clear.

Why vote? It matters to... something fun. I can't tell you exactly what that is YET, but if you like these characters or this game, take the time to tell us who you like best.

Polls for in-game Capcom and Tatsunoko characters are up, but there's no way to see the results at the moment. You're probably familiar with Capcom IPs, but Tatsunoko stuff may be a little hazy. Brush up here and vote!

Why do you think they want to know? Special edition cover art, maybe?

[via capcom-unity.com]

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Go Mega Man. Mostly because him and Viewtiful Joe are the only ones I'm familiar with and I've never played a VJ game. :P

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Oh...that's a toughie. Probably the guy with the dog, since guys with dogs are always awesome....how's about you ask who we don't like instead? That'd be a much easier question to answer(Karas, btw).

Edwin

Edwin said:

Ryu. He does not seek fame and rewards, but only the next challenge.

y2josh

y2josh said:

Maybe they will release that individuals games in America or something? I'm guessing theres a few of those characters who have more games in Japan that haven't seen the western world

Buster13

Buster13 said:

Yatterman was an easy pick for the Tatsunoko side for me, but the Capcom side was a harder pick. In the end I went with Roll, because her Ultra combo is hilarious in this game.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

I went with Casshern and Viewtiful Joe. Besides Speed Racer, Casshern is the only other Tatsunoko character I know anything about. Plus, he has a badass movie.

Noire

Noire said:

I had no idea who any of the Tatsunoko characters, so I went straight for Roll on the Capcom side. The robot girl doesn't get enough love. She has to stay at the lab and do housework while that jerk Mega Man goes out and kills himself some Robot Masters and that bum Dr. Light just sits there, probably drinking lemonade.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I know absolutely nothing about Tatsunoko, nor do I really care to. I also don't recognize all the characters on the Capcom list. They could've made this a little easier, couldn't they? All I know from the Capcom side is Ryu, Chun-Li, Mega Man, Roll, and Viewtiful Joe. Who are all those other putzes?

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

From Tatsunoko i only know characters from G-Force, so i choose Ken the Eagle.
From Capcom side i choose Mega Man Volnut :D

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Hmm, didn't Tatsunoko do Speed Racer? Is he in this? The polls aren't loading over there.

minimario_man

minimario_man said:

3 words- Samurai Pizza Cats

The sad thing is this game will probally never be released in the UK because we are so conservative. It's practically impossible now the BNP have two MEP seats!

Terra

Terra said:

My guess is that they'll release several different covers, all containing some special cardboard box art with different characters on them. I've given my votes.

@minimario man
Politics will have little effect on this release, as like Drake said it's been announced for a European release. Besides, Conservatives did hardly anything over video games up between 1975-1997 when they were in charge.

As much as I hate the Conservatives, if they were in charge once again, things would probably be different. Being Eurosceptics (they want to take us out of Europe for those who don't know), Video game wise, this wouldn't be so bad as then we would probably see games come to us faster (No extra translations), we'd be more independent. Nintendo would probably give us our own schedule for the shop channel and devs would probably bring more games over here, due to less localization work and hopefully give them to other Euro countries later on. Even so, I wouldn't support taking us out of Europe for that reason alone, that would be crazy. I support our integration into the EU.

As for the BNP (The one thing I agree with Cameron on, they're Nazi Thugs), they only have 2 out of 71 seats and that was because less people voted out of protest because of the expenses scandal. They'll probably lose them in the next elections. Let us speak no more of these fascists.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I believe someone in a different thread already owes us all 10 bucks after Europeans got a release announced.

Tatsunoko did Pizza Cats!?!?!? Oh why oh why aren't they in this game!?

Popyman

Popyman said:

What? That sucks! I thought they were asking what NEW characters we want. SoulTaker and Speed Racer, man!

mushroomer

mushroomer said:

Gold Lightan - I grew up watching this cartoon in Japan as well as having a few of the toys.. Did you know that it would never make it to the states cause it was basically promoting smoking. Gold Lighter Transformers. Notice the similarities in robot drawings to the Transformers. I think this was Tatsunoko's stab at competing against the Autobots and Decepticons. The human characters all owned different cigarette lighters that transformed into huge robots. That is the premise of the cartoon. Crazy huh?

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Tekkaman-That spear he has is pretty much bomb!
Megaman-Because I really liked Megaman 64. :)

Dicesukeinuzuka

Dicesukeinuzuka said:

viewtuful joe and megaman, but i picked megaman because it could lead to megaman legends 3 and viewtiful had a Gamecube game and a probably less popular ds game (hope they make a viewtiful Joe wii game soon)