Club Nintendo Japan offers limited edition Wii Sports Resort controller pack

Posted by Christopher Clark

Faithful Japanese customers rewarded with exclusive sky-coloured controller collection.

Hot off the heels of Nintendo's announcement concerning the stylish new black Wii and red DSi designs, Japanese Wii owners will soon have another chance to snag some colourful new swag.

Customers who register their Wii Sports Resort game through the Club Nintendo Japan website between June 25 and August 1 will go in the running to win one of five thousand Club Nintendo-exclusive Wii Sports Resort controller packs consisting of a Wii Remote, Nunchuk and MotionPlus accessory, all tinted in a refreshing sky-blue hue. Neat, innit?

Considering the somewhat lacklustre support given to Club Nintendo across North America, Europe and Australia it seems unlikely that the same offer will be extended worldwide. Hey, at least you can wipe away your tears with your oh-so-coveted Mario-print face towel. Er, thanks, Nintendo.

For more info on all things lost in Japan, stay tuned to Nintendo Life!

[via club.nintendo.jp]

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

Considering that I need another controller anyway, I'd love to have it in NA no matter what color it is. Maaaann.

LinktotheFuture

LinktotheFuture said:

Club Nintendo needs much better prizes. To me, the best one is the Game and Watch collection, which is pretty weak. If they had this giveaway/drawing, a lot could be forgiven.

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Almost any color would be preferable to another white controller for me.

As an aside, does anyone else besides me use a "naked" Wiimote (no jacket, no wrist strap)?

N64_Gamer

N64_Gamer said:

oh come on!!!!!

@the shpydar: Yeah, I got my Wii way before the jacket things got released. I have a jacket for all of my wiimotes now, but I still never use them. I use the wristbands however.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

That actually would spur me to pre-order this (currently listed for release in July at the eye-watering price of £44.99 from GAME -- ouch!).

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Is that face towel Europe only? I've never seen it before. Seems to me that Europe's Club Nintendo is better than North America's, hands-down!

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Yeah I so love the gold and pla...oh thats right Europe doesn't get those. No freebies for just having an account or actually registering games.

I just checked the UK Stars Catalogue and no Face Towels there :( I thnk that is Australia only.

Either way, all America seems to be getting is old Japanese items. Europe is getting those too (the most questionable of which being that DS Lite nobody can or ever will be able to afford^1) at least getting a few original things thrown in for good measure (Mario Kart Sun Shade).

^1-If you get 200 stars a game on average that is over 100 games needing to be registered. While slips take 3.5 years to expire and earned stars take 2 years that gives you basically 5.5 years at most to get over 100 Nintendo published titles. It is a steep call (it was only feasable with Gamecube and GBA games as those slips had no expiration...of course those are no longer accepted).

That actually would spur me to pre-order this
Same here but given the quantity of goods that were on the NOE stars catalogue in the days of old (typically 100 at most but usually 10^2) I could see the chance of winning being much lower.

^2-Nowerdays the quantity isn't listed, sadly and sold out has become known as coming soon (a lie as all I've seen come of it is the items vanishing from the catalgoue a few months later...I miss ye Mario Game rack...even if I own two of them).

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Quit complaining, there are countries that doesn't have any kind of Club Nintendo, you can't get worst than that. :P

NintendoGamer

NintendoGamer said:

I wonder what the special reward will be at the end of this month. I'm afraid to get my hopes up because I have a feeling it probably won't be anything that great. I wish we had better rewards. I haven't used any of my coins yet because there's nothing I really want. I would probably get the Mario-print face towel if it was available for the North America Club Nintendo. I wouldn't use it though. I would probably hang it on the wall in my room or something. XD

Moai_Head

Moai_Head said:

@Stuffgamer1 - that face towel is exclusive to Japan and Australia I believe - aside from the towel, the Aussie Club Nintendo (which only launced a few months ago) is identical to the American version. The UK version at least had some neat stuff every now and again, like the Mario Galaxy Kite, but it's still got nothing on glorious Nippon.

Iggy

Iggy said:

i hope the US gets some color selection for there remotes all i can do is hope.

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

Oh boy. Jusr another reason Club Nintendo of America rots. The "suprise" I get for being a gold member better be good.

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

I joined club Nintendo, but so far I have had literally zero incentive to do anything for it. None of their stuff interests me. NOA, please put up something good.

metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight said:

@ 19. Nintendo-Naut

You won't! They gold prizes even in Japan suck. They get calenders every year. Platinum members get the good stuff. Sorry. I know it sucks, I probably won't even be gold for the next few years thanks to the economy.