Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 321 to 340 of 350

KO-Cub

> screams
> SEGA

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CanisWolfred

KO-Cub wrote:

> screams
> SEGA

I guess you have a point. Sonic's not that bad. After all, he's on Twitter! And everybody knows that if you have a Twitter account, then you can't be all that bad a guy. Ain't that right, Stalin?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JohnBlackstar

The translator worked for Keiji Inafune while at Capcom (not as a translator) so they have known each other for many years. It would be interesting to know if he took some of those liberties because he is a little perturbed at how scathing everyone has been about the game after they put some hard work in to making it. It is hard to separate the love of your baby (game) when people start to attack it. Like the added comments that the game cost a lot more than what they made on Kickstarter comments being added.

Edited on by JohnBlackstar

JohnBlackstar

Qun_Mang

Really Freakin' Clever just posted his take on this a couple hours ago:

99 Things WRONG With Mighty No. 9

Qun_Mang

Henmii

Lol, I was the first to defend the game and Inafune. But seeing there are still NO wii u-version reviews (since the sites probably still don't have any review-codes) is a VERY BAD sign! It shows that the Wii u-version is the baddest one, from a game that already gets bombed everywhere (it gets awful reviews). What I do get is that the game simply isn't that much fun (from the reviews I read), and that's the most important thing of any game.

I might still buy it, but I'll just go for a discounted (and heavily patched) download. I don't want to pay full-price for a potential trainwreck. Mister Inafune, what the bleep did go wrong?! Seems his career is over now...

Henmii

NintendoFan64

Surprised nobody's talked about this, but he credits sequence for the backers is 4 hours long.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

KO-Cub

All I can imagine is, people just cringing and getting embarrassed when their names pop up.

NintendoPete

Hey there, okay - after cancelling my preorder of that game and posting it actually on Nintendolife, I went to youtube and watched 5 min of gameplay. What I ve seen was much better than expected after all the horrible reviews. So I ve ordered it again and received my Wii U coppy today. I only have finished the first three levels - and what can I say (btw I am a huge Mega Man fan and played almost all games and finished them - still have Mega Man 2 and 4 in nearly Mint condition for my Nes) - I am really glad that I bought that game. I wasn't a backer so I never expected much but a good Mega Man clone or feeling. And that's what I got. To me it really feels like a MM game with some new twists like the absorbing power which kinda looked dull in the trailers and I really diskliked it. But it is actually kinda fun. The graphics are okay - it has more a cartoonish look. Some effects could be better - but the gameplay and the stages - at least the three I ve seen yet - are awesome. I also like the soundtrack. People said that the stages were rubbish and so Inplayed a bit of MM4 yeasterday and well, the stages are not that much better - they are actually of the same quality.

My advice - if you like MM games and can't wait for a jump n shoot that grab that game. Don't let reviews tell you what a disastrous game that is. Watch some gameplay videos and decide for yourself if you would like playing it. I at least do and can't wait for the next round.

Oh btw. the loading times are not as bad as described (ca 15sec after death) - nathing compared to Lego City Undercover loading times

So - just my two cents. Ask questions if you like. Ah and the framerate has barely hiccups. No complaint from my side here.

Have a nice one.

NintendoPete

KO-Cub

I second this to watch actual good gameplay.

So far, all the reviews I've seen is just horrible gameplay like they're not trying or leaving all the depth behind.

JohnBlackstar

Reviews are not to be trusted. I understand they are a necessary evil because people do not have unlimited money to purchase every game, but people rely on them way too much. I realize NintendoLife didn't receive a review copy, but is the policy to not review then or can they allow a guest reviewer a crack?

JohnBlackstar

CanisWolfred

KO-Cub wrote:

I second this to watch actual good gameplay.

So far, all the reviews I've seen is just horrible gameplay like they're not trying or leaving all the depth behind.

Okay, I'm going to bed now. My brain officially crashed and now I'm dislexic, as a I cannot parse even a single part of that comment. G'Night!
thump

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NintendoPete

So, now I have played 6 of the first 8 stages (not counting the introductory stage) and I still like that game. But concerning framerate issues - in one level (mine level) there is a serious framerate drop just when you have to get away from a giant drill with spikes all around you. Lost a lot of lives here. During The higway stage there are also a couple of minor framerate drops but nothing serious.

I still haven't tried out the dlc stage with ray. i actually almost forgot that one and just downloaded it.

NintendoPete

jariw

NintendoPete wrote:

Oh btw. the loading times are not as bad as described (ca 15sec after death) - nathing compared to Lego City Undercover loading times

Lego City Undercover loads a whole 3D world to freely walk around in and explore during that loading time. What does this game load during those 15 seconds after death?

jariw

NintendoPete

That's true, but still I don't think that 15sec are that much. I know that other games - especially Rayman Legends - do it much better. And even though Lego City Undercover loads a complete city, In this case - I think it takes just too long. Especially at the beginning when you have to enter the police station for a couple minutes and then you have to leave it - the loading times are barely bearable.

NintendoPete

Captain_Toad

@NintendoFan64 Oh right. This is THE longest credits in the history of existence! Why is most of it A Generous Backer?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

NintendoFan64

@Captain_Toad Those were all people who didn't give their name. Also, one of the names in that list is "Kamiya was right"...I'm not even joking.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

ogo79

CanisWolfred wrote:

KO-Cub wrote:

> screams
> SEGA

I guess you have a point. Sonic's not that bad. After all, he's on Twitter! And everybody knows that if you have a Twitter account, then you can't be all that bad a guy. Ain't that right, Stalin?

lol you had it correct the first time as you know. sonic sucks, sega does not. some people possess very shallow perception which leads to a stale, dull and bitter personality.
unlike some posters i see, im glad i have deeper personality than a basketball.
i am full of pizzazz!
people are going to be people
go team pizzazz!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

I am just waiting for it to be released, It is going to make so much money through Kickstarter, right not I would rather kickstart other projects than kickstart one that is already going to be made and most likely going to come to the Wii U.

^Quote from almost two years ago from me in this thread

Good Call past me

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sorry, this topic has been locked.