Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 301 to 320 of 350

CanisWolfred

Meowpheel wrote:

Kinda looks like a user-created character. But this game doesn't have a character creator.

It probably is fan-generated to some degree. I almost forgot that Comcept was really into getting user feedback during the early processes of the game (which is probably the worst point to get thousands of people involved from what I've seen. That might work for a small indie studio whose just starting out, but for retail-level project with tons of exposure, of course there's gonna be too many cooks in the kitchen)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KO-Cub

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh God, that new character - it's like Shadow the Hedgehog had sex with Zero from MMZ, while Werewolf Sonic watched...and this was slapped together in the afterglow/math...

> Reads paragraph
> Clicks link
> O.O
> XD

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Vinny

Here's the final boss battle if you're curious:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCIrHWzXoE

How do you want your Megaman game fam?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoFan64

I decided to look back in this thread and see what some people's early reaction to the announcement of this were. It's a bit sad, really...seeing just how excited people were over this, the anticipation as every stretch goal was reached, the joy over the idea of the return of MegaMan...all ending with this.

Warruz wrote:

just saw the kickstarter page, this may be the first thing i ever kick start. THIS IS AMAZING!@#!@#$!@#!@#%!@# cannot contain excitement

shingi_70 wrote:

Going to back this later this month mostly because it Infuane and dude is awesome.

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

My excitement for this is through the roof.

And then there's this:

TysonOfTime wrote:

We have reached 1 Million dollars everyone!
Those who backed it, pat yourselves on the back.

And this:

WingedSnagret wrote:

I made up my mind and donated $60 (must have that physical box!), so I hope it ends up being a worthy investment.

And this:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Just upped my pledge. We're so close to the 3DS version I couldn't help it...and I feel bad since I donated so early. All these stretch goals are getting hit and I feel like I had nothing to do with them.

So yep, another $20 over to the Mighty No. 9 team. And I couldn't be happier to help.

...I feel so bad for everyone who backed this. They had no idea what a massive trainwreck this would be.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SwitchVogel

Heh, I just can't believe how out of hand this got. I've heard rumours that it's almost unplayable on Wii U due to bugs and crashes. It's like they just collected everyone's money, then endeavored to create the worst parody of Mega Man that they could. How much lower can it go?

Evisceratorloggery 4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0075-2784-4710 | Nintendo Network ID: EvisceratorX

KO-Cub

I haven't played it, and I want to, the gameplay does look decent atleast. Overall, I could like it, despite it being pretty bad from what I heard.
But I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this game with all the trouble and unfairness its caused. A lot of people didn't deserve this.

Grumblevolcano

@MitchVogel From what I've heard the Wii U version bricks the Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Captain_Toad

@Grumblevolcano I've been hearing that on a gamexplain chat on a Might no 9 stream

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano As in the Wii U no longer works?! I'd sue them if it happened to my Wii U given the fact that I have over 300 digital games on it plus another 100+ on Wii Mode thanks to me being a reviewer. I'd be incredibly P***ed at Comcept if I lost all of that due to their ineptness...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

DefHalan

No way that would pass submissions

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WiiWareWave

@Tsurii Actually, people are complaining on Miiverse that the game has indeed broken their Wii U's. As in they unplugged it and now it won't boot the OS back up anymore...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

JohnBlackstar

I'll be staying away from this until those reports are squashed. I could see the game hanging the system and then someone unplugging the console to get it to respond and it doesnt function any longer although the odds are against it.

JohnBlackstar

Captain_Toad

Sonic tweet tweet account just pour's on salt.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Vinny

I love the Sonic twitter account but I don't think they're in a position to roast a game considering Sonic Boom came out less than 2 years ago.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

NintendoFan64

@Vinny Yeah, well, look at this way...in that situation, Sega didn't use 4 million dollars that were given to them by fans...nor have they have delayed it several times...nor have they said "It's better than nothing"...and I'm pretty sure it didn't brick Wii U's. Also, it wasn't riding on the hopes of long-time fans as some sort of revival for a series that has been left in the gutter, either.

Vinny

@NintendoFan64 Yeah, I hadn't thought about it that way. The Mighty no. 9 situation is much more cruel to the fans.

Edited on by Vinny

NintendoFan64

@Vinny Wait, I'm not done yet. Sega ALSO didn't have Dina running their forums. And also, Mighty No. 9 had about three years of development, where as how long do Sonic games take? A year? Year-and-a-half? Also, I've apparently seen some backers who DIDN'T get the rewards they were promised, and...yeah. Sega's looking a LOT better in comparison right now.

Captain_Toad

@DiscoGentleman The translator was really doing that? Wow...

KO-Cub

Vinny wrote:

I love the Sonic twitter account but I don't think they're in a position to roast a game considering Sonic Boom came out less than 2 years ago.

Sega is horrible, not Sonic.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.