Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 221 to 240 of 350

Bloodix

I think it coming to PS platforms is fine. The more that can play it, the better. It was already on PC. So wasn't really exclusive anyways. The only real downside is that PS users get extra content. And that does kinda suck for us and PC users. But on other hand, we got the game at launch and din't have to wait a year to play it.

ZeNfA Productions
Created Wii U Game: ZaciSa's Last Stand (Tower Defense)

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

BinaryFragger wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I was going to pick this up on the Wii U but **** giving devs actual money.

amended for accuracy

It's actually your amendments that made the post inaccurate. When Sony gives a game to PS+ subscribers, the devs still get paid:
http://gamedeveloper.com/view/feature/191966/playstation_plus...

I'm talking about his intent more than anything.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jariw

BinaryFragger wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I was going to pick this up on the Wii U but **** giving devs actual money.

amended for accuracy

It's actually your amendments that made the post inaccurate. When Sony gives a game to PS+ subscribers, the devs still get paid:
http://gamedeveloper.com/view/feature/191966/playstation_plus...

The way I read that article is that the developers (although they get paid) think the deal is worthwhile mostly from a promotional standpoint. Such as: "if you have a hot game that everyone wants to pay you upfront for, then no, don't give it away for free on PS Plus"

jariw

DGGames

Sucks that Yacht Club Games sold their soul to the devil... guess my money will be going somewhere else from now on.

Game developer and gamer.

Punished_Boss_84

DGGames wrote:

Sucks that Yacht Club Games sold their soul to the devil... guess my money will be going somewhere else from now on.

Please tell me you're joking?

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

JusticeColde

Not be a downer or fanboyish, but who else expects the sequel to be a paid Sony exclusive?
You know they're looking at the popularity and some Sony fans are being less than humble about the whole thing.

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

Drawdler

^ I wouldn't. I'd be really sad. I don't even think I'd buy it then...because I don't have a PS4 and don't plan to buy one and doubt it would come to PS3 if that were the case.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Spoony_Tech

JusticeColde wrote:

Not be a downer or fanboyish, but who else expects the sequel to be a paid Sony exclusive?
You know they're looking at the popularity and some Sony fans are being less than humble about the whole thing.

I don't think this would happen. If anything it will be released at the same time but most of the retro gamers are on Nintendo systems. I can see some Sony fans saying this game looks like crap. Either way I feel like the mote money they make the quicker we will see a sequel and or new game. I do however feel that this is slowing down the promised update with online play.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DGGames

The way sony contracts with Indies work, a sequel is pretty much guaranteed to be "console exclusive" or "console debut" on PS4 and have content that won't be available on other consoles for a while.

Game developer and gamer.

dumedum

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

What's wrong with Shovel Knight coming to PlayStation? The more people who get to play the game, the better.

Its no longer exclusive, thats what wrong

Well it was exclusive for a long time, and it really shines with Miiverse/streetpass, and I bet they don't get a 3DS theme
All in all, it's a Nintendoish game, and people should play it on a Nintendo platform where it originated.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Spoony_Tech

BinaryFragger wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Well it was exclusive for a long time, and it really shines with Miiverse/streetpass, and I bet they don't get a 3DS theme
All in all, it's a Nintendoish game, and people should play it on a Nintendo platform where it originated.

By your logic, I shouldn't be playing the 3DS versions of Monster Hunter because the series originated on PlayStation systems.

The more platforms Shovel Knight is available for means better sales and more revenue for Yacht Club Games, which eventually will mean more great games from them. No need to get butthurt because PlayStation owners will now get to enjoy this gem.

That reminds me, I want Final Fantasy back on Nintendo systems.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dumedum

BinaryFragger wrote:

dumedum wrote:

By your logic, I shouldn't be playing the 3DS versions of Monster Hunter because the series originated on PlayStation systems.

Those are totally different new games than the one on PS, not the same version like this. I couldn't care less if this appears after a long time on PS. I think I made that clear. Your post makes no sense.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

KIND OF SPOILER-Y

Holy crap, was the Hall of Champions one giant stab at pre-ordering games? lol

You mean this?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

KIND OF SPOILER-Y

You mean this?

Yup, I guess I wasn't the only one to catch that.

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

KIND OF SPOILER-Y

You mean this?

Yup, I guess I wasn't the only one to catch that.

Yea, I figured they were making fun of Kickstarter lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ProudasaPeacock

Wow I'm awful at this game. Super well made though!

ProudasaPeacock

Mario_maniac

I've played the 3DS version and it's pretty fun so far. I actually stopped by to ask if anyone who has the 3DS version but not the Wii U one is being offered a discount to get the latter? I have the right NNID linked between consoles, and it says in the description I should get 30% or so off, but there's no "offer". It's full price. :

Mario_maniac

Sorry, this topic has been locked.