Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 241 to 260 of 374

TromboneGamer

If "rare downloads" were a thing that would be the biggest scam of the century. Nintendo already makes MORE than enough profit on VC as it is.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

TromboneGamer wrote:

If "rare downloads" were a thing that would be the biggest scam of the century. Nintendo already makes MORE than enough profit on VC as it is.

This is just for surveying purpose. If we put Reggie's signature on every Wii Balance Board, would it change your mind as a consumer?

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Ryno

I'm glad to see Nintendo is releasing the rare The Mysterious Murasame Castle. I imagine the game will be around $790 out of respect for @ogo79, the genius behind getting these rare downloads released.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

8BitSamurai

dillsmith24 wrote:

I'm not sure how much Earthbound is considered to be a rare game, but I loved how it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to experience.

We're not really thinking about having our consumers spend an arm and a leg. No, really, we're more about the kidney market here at the "rare downloads" program.

GuSolarFlare

8BitSamurai wrote:

dillsmith24 wrote:

I'm not sure how much Earthbound is considered to be a rare game, but I loved how it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to experience.

We're not really thinking about having our consumers spend an arm and a leg. No, really, we're more about the kidney market here at the "rare downloads" program.

maybe it might cost a lung or an eye too, you don't need more than one to stay alive... dark humour time

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

BearHunger

What Nintendo should really do is silently remove Earthbound from the eShop with no warning. Then, after some number of years, they should put it back for only a day and charge a few limbs for it.

I call it the “Nintendo Vault.” This way the Nintendo classics can stay fresh for generations of digital collectors to come.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

GuSolarFlare

BearHunger wrote:

What Nintendo should really do is silently remove Earthbound from the eShop with no warning. Then, after some number of years, they should put it back for only a day and charge a few limbs for it.

I call it the “Nintendo Vault.” This way the Nintendo classics can stay fresh for generations of digital collectors to come.

and they should add in a premium service, only those with enough Eshop balance to buy it will be notified when it's available.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jim_Purcell

I tried reading this thread and my brain melted out of my ears.

To those of you who paid a high price for a game cart. Congrats, you bought a rare collectors item. The game on that cart isn't actually what you paid for. You paid for the cart.

It would be pure MADNESS to rerelease those games at a higher price point just to preserve the value of your collectors items. Mostly because Nintendo doesn't make any money from secondary market transactions. They have no stake it preserving the value of your trinkets. Their job is to get games in front of eyeballs and make money doing it.

And frankly if this kind of thing brings down the prices for collectible uncommon and rare carts. All the better. Most of those prices are highly inflated. Earthbound isn't even rare. Its just being horded by speculators, so the supply is artificially low right now.

Edited on by Jim_Purcell

Jim_Purcell

Jazzer94

Maybe the GCN VC will be the start of the rare lineup, think about it Phantasy Star Online Eps 1 & 2 for $100 (steal), The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $200 and Tales of Symphonia $60 Nintendo would make a killing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jim_Purcell

Jazzer94 wrote:

Maybe the GCN VC will be the start of the rare lineup, think about it Phantasy Star Online Eps 1 & 2 for $100 (steal), The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $200 and Tales of Symphonia $60 Nintendo would make a killing.

No. No they wouldn't!

Jim_Purcell

Ryno

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Like this?
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Jim_Purcell

Ryno wrote:

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Like this?
Untitled

Pretty much!

Jim_Purcell

MAB

Untitled

It's good to see that Mega Drive classic Steel Empire is a step in the right direction for rare downloads... They're selling themselves short at $30 though when they should be really charging $300

MAB

Taceus

^^
That's a disturbing yet hilarious GIF.
MAB does it again.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Jazzer94

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

No. No they wouldn't!

I disagree there is definitely a market for it this threads already proved that.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

8BitSamurai

Jim_Purcell wrote:

To those of you who paid a high price for a game cart. Congrats, you bought a rare collectors item. The game on that cart isn't actually what you paid for. You paid for the cart.

It would be pure MADNESS to rerelease those games at a higher price point just to preserve the value of your collectors items. Mostly because Nintendo doesn't make any money from secondary market transactions. They have no stake it preserving the value of your trinkets. Their job is to get games in front of eyeballs and make money doing it.

And frankly if this kind of thing brings down the prices for collectible uncommon and rare carts. All the better. Most of those prices are highly inflated. Earthbound isn't even rare. Its just being horded by speculators, so the supply is artificially low right now.

What did I just read?

1. Thank you, I take it yer just jelly that you can't spend $599 on rare games loololololololool.

2. Um no, it wouldn't be madness. Nintendo would make a fortune doing this. We hardcore 1337 collectors are already colluding with Reggie (Don't tell the FTC or we're banning you from the RDP) to keep our status symbols' value high. Jelous once again, eh'? Us 1337 collectors get our rare games, and the "rare downloads" program and The Nintendo make a fortune selling the "rare" downloads.

3. All I read is jealousy jealousy jealousy. There's no reason for thoughts like this. After all, our "rare downloads" all come in mint digital condition, with every copy digitally autographed by Reggie! We're making a killing these "rare downloads".

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Justlink

if nintendo did 'rare download' i'd go to emulators.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

ogo79

Jim_Purcell wrote:

Jim_Purcell wrote:

fixed dat fer ya son:

Jim_Purcell wrote:

To those of you who paid a high price for game carts . Congrats, you bought a butt load of rare collectors items. The games on that cart isn't actually what you paid for. You paid for the carts .

Jim_Purcell wrote:

They have no stake it preserving the value of your trinkets.

trinkets? sheesh, that doesnt make my hobby sound important or manly at all. i prefer to call them trophies, lets do that. it makes me feel like ive accomplished something.

Jim_Purcell wrote:

actually it doesnt bring down the price in any of my games. i guess i need to go on the show "hoarders" because ive got cib's of earthbound out the ying yang. id sell you one for 500$ if you werent such a cry baby.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Jim_Purcell

I paid $50 for Earthbound in 2005. Its pricing today is OBSCENE.

Jim_Purcell

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.