Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,934

AuthorMessage
Avatar

k8sMum

1,601. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Well I finished my Skyward Sword blog post.
http://3upmoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/let-me-count-ways.html#!/...
Mostly thoughtful ramblings on what makes SS such a great game.

you've pretty well said exactly how i feel about SS. real life is tough enough: i'll embrace the whimsical whenever i may. excellent job, kid!

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

1,602. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

What's the point of those Goddess Walls or whatever they're called? They seem to serve no purpose.

Play your harp to activate them (if I'm remembering correctly) and then raise your sword as if you're about to do a skyward strike. A little cutscene will take place, and then you used your energy-filled sword to draw a symbol on the wall. I never knew the symbols, honestly, but there are ones for pretty much every item in the game--hearts, arrows, bombs, fairies, etc.

Man, I found so many of those. Now I'm gonna have to go back. D:

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,603. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

What's the point of those Goddess Walls or whatever they're called? They seem to serve no purpose.

Play your harp to activate them (if I'm remembering correctly) and then raise your sword as if you're about to do a skyward strike. A little cutscene will take place, and then you used your energy-filled sword to draw a symbol on the wall. I never knew the symbols, honestly, but there are ones for pretty much every item in the game--hearts, arrows, bombs, fairies, etc.

Man, I found so many of those. Now I'm gonna have to go back. D:

Nah, it's just to refill your stock. They're mostly for hero mode, where pickups are a lot harder to find.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

1,604. Posted:

Ah, ok. Thanks! I do have a hard time finding Ornamental Skulls though. :/

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,605. Posted:

I don't know if they work for treasures (never thought of trying!) but I'm pretty sure you can use your whip to snag items from enemies like you can with the Grappling Hook in Wind Waker. I think. I have a hard time finding Ornamental Skulls , too. Those and Bee Larvae.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,606. Posted:

lol, never knew what the walls did either until Hero Mode. I just use them for rupees now though...(and hearts when I'm low, then again I got a heart medal now, so whatever, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NX01Trekkie1992

1,607. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Well I've completed the game 100% on both normal and hero mode.
I'm pretty well burnt out on Zelda for a while. Back in the box it goes.
Now I'm kinda sad it‛s all over and done with. :(

...Three heart challenge? xD

Eureka wrote:

...Yeah 3 hearts on hero mode would be a living nightmare, lol

you DO realize that you start the game with SIX heart containers... right?

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,608. Posted:

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

Eureka wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Well I've completed the game 100% on both normal and hero mode.
I'm pretty well burnt out on Zelda for a while. Back in the box it goes.
Now I'm kinda sad it‛s all over and done with. :(

...Three heart challenge? xD

Eureka wrote:

...Yeah 3 hearts on hero mode would be a living nightmare, lol

you DO realize that you start the game with SIX heart containers... right?

Yeah I'm not used to that yet, lol. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SilentJ

1,609. Posted:

@Kid_A
I'm low on those ornamental skulls as well but I have plenty bee larvae. Just head to Faron Woods, knock down a bee hive and collect what it leaves behind.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

1,610. Posted:

Skyward Sword has the best Zelda items. I loved them all (except for the Slingshot).

Spoilers! sort of...

At first I disliked the mechanical Beetle, but it works better than the boomerang ever has in past 3D Zelda games. Then I was sad to get Claw Shots, until I discovered they work quite differently than Hook Shot usually does. I've never liked Hook Shot because it's flat out better than the boomerang, completely replacing it. In SS the Claw Shots don't effect enemies and won't pull treasure drops to you like the Whip does, so it's not the only item you'll need. The Whip doesn't replace the Beetle either (even though it's faster) because it's short range and harder to use. The Slingshot is the only item you won't need anymore later.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,611. Posted:

so i got to the part where the story gets good. 35+ hours in.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,612. Posted:

Couple of questions.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS
1. Is there a heart piece tied to that stupid song you help play along with in the pumpkin house. I'm telling you that is one song that you don't want to get stuck in your head. I've tried at least ten+ times to do the song and thought I had it once.

2. Is there also a heart piece tied to the chopping bamboo game and if there is how many chops do you need?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,613. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Couple of questions.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS
1. Is there a heart piece tied to that stupid song you help play along with in the pumpkin house. I'm telling you that is one song that you don't want to get stuck in your head. I've tried at least ten+ times to do the song and thought I had it once.

2. Is there also a heart piece tied to the chopping bamboo game and if there is how many chops do you need?

1. Yes. I could never really figure out the timing perfectly, but thankfully you don't need to do it perfect. The main thing you need to do is stop when their hands stop waving, and keep relatively in tempo. The guy will say, "Well I guess that was okay," and give you a heart piece anyway :p
2. Haven't got it yet, but I suspect so. I think he either tells you his high score (which is like 45 or something) or tells you your high score and tells you how many you have to get to win a prize. Or something. I'm kind of guessing on this one.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

1,614. Posted:

LE SPOILERS!!

There's no heart piece attached to the bamboo cutting game (thank god).

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,615. Posted:

Well then maybe I did get the heart piece from that song then. As for the bamboo game my high is 33 and don't want to do it anymore LOL! Thanks for the info guys!

How many tries did it take everybody to get the heart piece on fun fun island? Took me about 20 tries and almost had it twice before that. One time I had it but missed the platform!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocarinaoftime

1,616. Posted:

I beat skyward sword i wish i made a sepert file first before the end....

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SilentJ

1,617. Posted:

@Tech101
Dang! I was hoping I wouldn't have to return to Fun Fun Island after finding the guy's wheel. Oh well. I have a lot of rupees to burn anyway.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,618. Posted:

going to the final boss with only 3 hearts left and a fairy wasn't the best idea

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,619. Posted:

Off to get the Triforce. Absolutely love the game! Played 35 hours and it still feels magical in Skyloft! Just spent about 4 hours finding Monster Horns, Claws, Ancient Flowers and Tumbleweed so that I could upgrade everything possible! :-) Also managed to get 32 Gratitude Crystals in the space of 10 minutes when I actually gave it a try! I think I might try a few more sidequests for now, as it looks like I'm fairly near the end, and I want to explore the game as thoroughly as possible.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

1,620. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

going to the final boss with only 3 hearts left and a fairy wasn't the best idea

Going to the final boss with 3 hearts, no shield and no health refills whatsoever is an even worse idea. But you feel pretty dang awesome if you pull it off ;)

I did that. I did. That's how I beat the boss. I was talking about me.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf