Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,481 to 1,491 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,481. Posted:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Angry Bowser (Paper Mario), Serpent Eating the Ground (as hard as it sounds)
In progress: , -also hard, and Below the Duchy's Flag (Bravely Default)

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,482. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

Edited on by Spanjard

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,483. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Angry Bowser (Paper Mario), Serpent Eating the Ground (as hard as it sounds)
In progress: , -also hard, and Below the Duchy's Flag (Bravely Default)

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,484. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

To be fair, the game has a huge open world. So obliviously Monolith did its best with the way the game looks.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

ejamer

1,485. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Wii released in Japan December 2, 2006.
Xenoblade released in Japan June 10, 2010.
I wouldn't call 3.5 years into the Wii life cycle "very early"... but graphics are a mixed bag for this game. Character models and textures are rather poor, but the grand scope and overall art direction is pretty impressive in my opinion.

This game has really been on my mind lately. It seems early for a replay of a 100+ hour title... but might have to move it to the top of my backlog (again) and try out the new game+ mode. Or maybe map out the remaining secret corners of Tephra Cave. Or see if I can upgrade Colony 9 further. Or... well, you get the point.

Is it worth the high price? For me, definitely. Anytime I spend hundreds of hours paying and still want to go back for more that's a fantastic sign.

Edited on by ejamer

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,486. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

To be fair, the game has a huge open world. So obliviously Monolith did its best with the way the game looks.

Play this game on your Wii U and that helps. I wasn't really bothered by the graphics.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,487. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@HappyHappyist You need to leave one space above and below the spoiler for it to work.

e.g.
[spoiler]Doesn't work[/spoiler]

e.g.

Works :)

see my post again. I edited it to fit your explanation, but it still didn't work.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

iKhan

1,488. Posted:

Look what Chuggaaconroy is LPing

He's giving away 30 copies of the game as well.

Edited on by iKhan

Nintendo is pulling miracles out of their a$$es this e3- Retro_on_theGo

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,489. Posted:

Is this worth picking up now?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,490. Posted:

devinias wrote:

Is this worth picking up now?

yes

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

PigmaskFan

1,491. Posted:

It's a GREAT game, though I HAVE had to use GeckoOS for invincibility for both Mumkhar battles, and the big Mechon battle with Fiora. Absolutely LOVE Riki!

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

PigmaskFan