Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,481 to 1,499 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,481. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

To be fair, the game has a huge open world. So obliviously Monolith did its best with the way the game looks.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

ejamer

1,482. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

Wii released in Japan December 2, 2006.
Xenoblade released in Japan June 10, 2010.
I wouldn't call 3.5 years into the Wii life cycle "very early"... but graphics are a mixed bag for this game. Character models and textures are rather poor, but the grand scope and overall art direction is pretty impressive in my opinion.

This game has really been on my mind lately. It seems early for a replay of a 100+ hour title... but might have to move it to the top of my backlog (again) and try out the new game+ mode. Or maybe map out the remaining secret corners of Tephra Cave. Or see if I can upgrade Colony 9 further. Or... well, you get the point.

Is it worth the high price? For me, definitely. Anytime I spend hundreds of hours paying and still want to go back for more that's a fantastic sign.

Edited on by ejamer

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,483. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

To be fair, the game has a huge open world. So obliviously Monolith did its best with the way the game looks.

Play this game on your Wii U and that helps. I wasn't really bothered by the graphics.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,484. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@HappyHappyist You need to leave one space above and below the spoiler for it to work.

e.g.
Doesn't work

e.g.

Works :)

see my post again. I edited it to fit your explanation, but it still didn't work.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

iKhan

1,485. Posted:

Look what Chuggaaconroy is LPing

He's giving away 30 copies of the game as well.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia, Okami, Deadly Creatures

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,486. Posted:

Is this worth picking up now?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,487. Posted:

devinias wrote:

Is this worth picking up now?

yes

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

PigmaskFan

1,488. Posted:

It's a GREAT game, though I HAVE had to use GeckoOS for invincibility for both Mumkhar battles, and the big Mechon battle with Fiora. Absolutely LOVE Riki!

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

#Illridewithyou

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,489. Posted:

PigmaskFan wrote:

It's a GREAT game, though I HAVE had to use GeckoOS for invincibility for both Mumkhar battles, and the big Mechon battle with Fiora. Absolutely LOVE Riki!

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Late reply but you probably could have just leveled up a little more and the battles become a lot easier.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

1,490. Posted:

Gamestop just got another batch of "used" Xenoblade Chronicles copies that are being sold for $49.99 so if you want to purchase the game now's the time! I doubt that there will be any more reprints after this one. ;)

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

Currently in need of new news anchors and reviewers!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,491. Posted:

The game looks awful on an HDTV, but the scope of the world is, indeed, impressive. It's fun if you pretend you're playing a PS2 game.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

PigmaskFan

1,492. Posted:

Ryno, my party isn't THAT underleveled!

#Illridewithyou

AuthorMessage

DiscoGentleman

1,493. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Play this game on your Wii U and that helps. I wasn't really bothered by the graphics.

Agreed. I'm playing it on my Wii U and it helps.
Please remember, none of this game looks bad at all, it's just running on ancient hardware so some things are sub-par. Character models and textures are so-so. But the game really is beautiful and quite breathtaking. Even though it's a Wii game, I find myself pausing when I'm on a big bridge or up high and can see into the distance, and just staring at how pretty it is.
Don't let the graphics get you down, it probably is one of the best looking games on Wii.

Ralizah wrote:

The game looks awful on an HDTV, but the scope of the world is, indeed, impressive. It's fun if you pretend you're playing a PS2 game.

Depending on your settings. Mine looks totally fine. Now RE4 Wii Edition or Twilight Princess on an HDTV, those look pretty terrible.

Edited on by DiscoGentleman

Wii U Profile: DiscoGentleman
Let's Be Friends!

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

1,494. Posted:

This game is so great. I wasn't too stoked on the presentation at first but man, this is such a good game. Cool story and characters, and excellent music too. I love the combat too. There's literally so much I can do in this game, I've played it for hours on end. More people should play this game haha.

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

Operative

1,495. Posted:

I loved it. The battle system took some getting used to, but I loved the story of the mechonis and bionis. It was really interesting. And exploring for the hidden areas was really fun too. I loved climbing up to the finger tip and being able to see the world. But it's TOO big for me. I could never hope to 100% that game and I have all the time in the world

Operative

AuthorMessage

R_Champ

1,496. Posted:

Scanning wrote:

This game is so great. I wasn't too stoked on the presentation at first but man, this is such a good game. Cool story and characters, and excellent music too. I love the combat too. There's literally so much I can do in this game, I've played it for hours on end. More people should play this game haha.

I agree, more people should play this game! I'm glad Nintendo is FINALLY showing some love for it though by re-releasing it on 3DS, adding Shulk to the Smash roster, and funding the amazing-looking sequel (or more likely spiritual successor). Even with it's limited graphically capabilities, there is nothing like looking up and seeing the arm of gigantic robot hanging over your head. The art direction is second to none. Even better looking open-world games likes Fallout or Skyrim don't give you anywhere near the same kind perspective.

And Every time I see someone in love with an RPG that I think is mediocre I can't help but wonder, have they at least played Xenoblade to compare it to? Granted, it isn't for everyone, but I thought it was probably the best JRPG last gen and more people should at least give it a try (no, and not just "on the Wii" on ALL systems). And to those poor kids who wanted Ridley over Shulk in Smash: 1) In your FACE! 2) Play Xenoblade and you'd probably be facepalming yourself for ever wanting Ridley over Shulk (+ Riki and Dunban!)

I'm glad there is at least one JRPG dev that isn't letting me down lately. Even Atlus is starting to toe the edge of Final Fantasy-style milking mediocrity.

Edited on by R_Champ

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,497. Posted:

Okay, I am trying to get back into this after a long hiatus. I don't like to get help in games, but I finally decided it's this or never get through it. I am completely stuck where you have to fight 5 or 6 High Entia in the palace. It has been so long since I've played I am not sure what I'm doing. Everything I have seen simply says Shulk is basically useless but the others should blow through them. That does not happen at all. I just get destroyed every time, no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,498. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

Okay, I am trying to get back into this after a long hiatus. I don't like to get help in games, but I finally decided it's this or never get through it. I am completely stuck where you have to fight 5 or 6 High Entia in the palace. It has been so long since I've played I am not sure what I'm doing. Everything I have seen simply says Shulk is basically useless but the others should blow through them. That does not happen at all. I just get destroyed every time, no matter what I do. Any ideas?

It's not easy, but you can't use shulk at all. Just use Reyn as a tank, Sharla as a healer, and control Riki to spam his specials.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,499. Posted:

Okay, so I still got creamed no matter what I did, but I did finally manage to find a way to go do other things for awhile which I couldn't do before. So I decided to just go do some quests and try to level up (I was at level 35 which I thought would be enough since the enemies were at 33 or 34, but everyone I had seen mention it was at like 43 or something). I managed to get to level 39 before getting bored and tired and decided to try one more time before going to bed. I am not sure they even touched me. So thanks for the advice. Apparently the moral of the story is when in doubt, go level up. At least I can finally play this game again.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083