Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

1,461. Posted:

I know it's not really related to the game itself, but does anyone know if you can play this game with the Pro Controller on the Wii U? I really don't like the wii mote.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,462. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I know it's not really related to the game itself, but does anyone know if you can play this game with the Pro Controller on the Wii U? I really don't like the wii mote.

i play with the wii classic controller.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,463. Posted:

I for one loved the voice acting. It was so different then other games I am used too. I checked out the Japanese track for a minute and couldn't stand it.

MuchoMochi wrote:

The Wii U pro controller doesn't work with Wii games, get a Wii classic controller pro.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,464. Posted:

I found Xenoblade today for only $50! The Gamestop that I found it in apparently has 6. XD

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,465. Posted:

Yeah, it's not nearly as hard to find anymore and the price has come down dramatically. That's why I recently got Prime Trilogy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

jsubbuteo

1,466. Posted:

I still boot xenoblade up every once in a while and do a few side quests. 225 hrs on one file

jsubbuteo

AuthorMessage

JayNoobz

1,467. Posted:

Just picked this up ( $50) at gamestop. I can not wait for X to come out on the U now. XBC is a great game..started playing and 5 hours later was still playing lol. I still need to pick up The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, but for now Im loving XBC.

JayNoobz

Nintendo Network ID: JayNoobz | Twitter: TheRealJayNoobz

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,468. Posted:

^Glad you're enjoying it. Xenoblade is definitely one of the best JRPGs I have played in a long time. And hope you find The Last Story and Pandora's Tower as well.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

I-U

1,469. Posted:

Does anyone else think that while Shulk and the rest of the party asked for a world with no gods, they still created a world where faiths can develop considering that the Bionis is still a part of the new world?

Sorry, didn't know this site had a spoiler tag.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,470. Posted:

@I-U Please can you put spoiler tags over your post.

Because some people haven't finished the game

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,471. Posted:

@I-U Put this on each end of your post {spoiler} what you wrote {/spoiler} but use these [] instead of this {} around the spoiler.

Edit: Ignore post.

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,472. Posted:

so now I'm MUCH further into the game

[spoiler]

I'm at the big mountain on my way to sword valley

[/spoiler].

and honestly... this game puts me to sleep. the gameplay just doesn't work for me, it feels so boring and makes me want to fall asleep. i'm not a fan of JRPG combat in the first place, but this feels just as bad as turn-based combat in every other JRPG imo. and the story feels like it belongs in a bad anime, imo. I have feelings for selling this game at Best Buy or something.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,473. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

so now I'm MUCH further into the game I'm at the big mountain on my way to sword valley. and honestly... this game puts me to sleep. the gameplay just doesn't work for me, it feels so boring and makes me want to fall asleep. i'm not a fan of JRPG combat in the first place, but this feels just as bad as turn-based combat in every other JRPG imo. and the story feels like it belongs in a bad anime, imo. I have feelings for selling this game at Best Buy or something.

I guess there has to be someone who doesn't like it.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,474. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@I-U Put this on each end of your post {spoiler} what you wrote {/spoiler} but use these [] instead of this {} around the spoiler.

for whatever reason that doesn't work for me (see my previous post).

Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,475. Posted:

I'm 45 hours in and I need some help enjoying the game more.

That might sound silly, but I'm using the same 3 characters every time (Shulk, Sharla and Reyn. Sometimes I'll put Dunban in) and using others is a little confusing, and mostly boring (long distance combat just doesn't feel right). Battles are the same every time, I mostly play as Shulk and just use whatever Arts, whenever I can. The monotone battles are the main thing that bothers me, it's probably been at least 20 hours since they introduced any new mechanics and honestly, I hardly have to use strategy when battling bosses. I'd skip the battles altogether, but you quickly become underpowered that way.

I don't really care about the main story because it's filled with so many RPG tropes and such typical Japanese over-acting. Meanwhile there's such an overkill of side-characters and quests that I've given up on doing those as well (just whenever I bump into a monster that I've got a quest running for, I'll kill it). The amount of items/weapons/clothing is insane as well, there's no thrill in getting new items because there's a 99% chance the new thing won't make a bit of difference. It just seems like sometimes less is more, and if you put thousands of something in a game, getting one is no longer a big deal.

I've done the stone fusing (or however you call it) a few times but I'm not really seeing the point. I do love the variety in environments and the scale of the landscapes, which is what originally drew me into the game. But I've never been a fan of long games, and this one isn't keeping my attention anymore.

In short, are there other ways to enjoy this game, to mix things up a bit? What characters did you guys enjoy playing with? Did you mix up strategies at all?

EDIT: Plot-wise, I'm on the snowy mountain on my way to Sword Valley.

I just read HappyHappyist and it seems he has the same problem. Anyway, I'm genuinely curious about people's answer.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,476. Posted:

@HappyHappyist You need to leave one space above and below the spoiler for it to work.

e.g.
Doesn't work

e.g.

Works :)

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,477. Posted:

@citizenerased: Yes, I changed it up by playing different characters. How do you not expect to get bored over a long period of time playing the same characters every time? There was so much I disagreed with you about your post so it's no wonder why you don't really like and I really did.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,478. Posted:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,479. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

I want this game, but am unsure. I love classic JRPGs , but am not a fan of the early Wii graphics or still high price point. Is it worth it?

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

Edited on by Spanjard

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,480. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Early Wii graphics? This game came late and looks amazing! If you love RPGs then what are you waiting for!? Go get it as if your life depends on it!

It came out very early in the cycle in Japan. The graphics were not improved for the localizations

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor