Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,461 to 1,474 of 1,474

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,461. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

combat is okay, i can't complain about it, but the script is atrocious, and the voice acting is not that good. i've made some progress in the game, not too much, but those two things bugged me right off the bat. but i must ask, is the game that good? no spoilers please, if its required to spoil the game to explain, just say something like, "keep playing and you'll see."

you're wrong and should feel bad: voice acting. And it has the japanese voice acting available anyway.

the script is not atrocious and I can't even say this as a joke, you are just wrong. I've seen muuuuuuuuch worse quite easily in gaming. Occasionally they'll be a moment that's a little too cliched and cheesey but otherwise its fine.

Combat gets better the more you get into it I feel.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,462. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

combat is okay, i can't complain about it, but the script is atrocious, and the voice acting is not that good. i've made some progress in the game, not too much, but those two things bugged me right off the bat. but i must ask, is the game that good? no spoilers please, if its required to spoil the game to explain, just say something like, "keep playing and you'll see."

you're wrong and should feel bad: voice acting. And it has the japanese voice acting available anyway.

the script is not atrocious and I can't even say this as a joke, you are just wrong. I've seen muuuuuuuuch worse quite easily in gaming. Occasionally they'll be a moment that's a little too cliched and cheesey but otherwise its fine.

Combat gets better the more you get into it I feel.

are you listening to the same dubbing i'm listening to? because i don't think you are. the dubbing is pretty awful, at least from what i've seen. and i've seen script and voice acting in modern games muuuuuuuuuch better than this. i mean, its not as bad as say Mario Sunshine, but its nowhere near as good as what i've heard from several other modern games.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,463. Posted:

The voice acting is rather "love it/hate it" from my understanding. If you can't bear it, switch to Japanese. Keep in mind, this game didn't have an endless pool of cash to use, so don't expect AAA. The game itself is fantastic, my personal favorite, but you can't expect perfection.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

1,464. Posted:

I know it's not really related to the game itself, but does anyone know if you can play this game with the Pro Controller on the Wii U? I really don't like the wii mote.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

1,465. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I know it's not really related to the game itself, but does anyone know if you can play this game with the Pro Controller on the Wii U? I really don't like the wii mote.

i play with the wii classic controller.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,466. Posted:

I for one loved the voice acting. It was so different then other games I am used too. I checked out the Japanese track for a minute and couldn't stand it.

MuchoMochi wrote:

The Wii U pro controller doesn't work with Wii games, get a Wii classic controller pro.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,467. Posted:

I found Xenoblade today for only $50! The Gamestop that I found it in apparently has 6. XD

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,468. Posted:

Yeah, it's not nearly as hard to find anymore and the price has come down dramatically. That's why I recently got Prime Trilogy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

jsubbuteo

1,469. Posted:

I still boot xenoblade up every once in a while and do a few side quests. 225 hrs on one file

jsubbuteo

AuthorMessage

JayNoobz

1,470. Posted:

Just picked this up ( $50) at gamestop. I can not wait for X to come out on the U now. XBC is a great game..started playing and 5 hours later was still playing lol. I still need to pick up The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, but for now Im loving XBC.

JayNoobz

Nintendo Network ID: JayNoobz | Twitter: TheRealJayNoobz

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,471. Posted:

^Glad you're enjoying it. Xenoblade is definitely one of the best JRPGs I have played in a long time. And hope you find The Last Story and Pandora's Tower as well.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

I-U

1,472. Posted:

Does anyone else think that while Shulk and the rest of the party asked for a world with no gods, they still created a world where faiths can develop considering that the Bionis is still a part of the new world?

Sorry, didn't know this site had a spoiler tag.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,473. Posted:

@I-U Please can you put spoiler tags over your post.

Because some people haven't finished the game

Edited on by Jazzer94

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,474. Posted:

@I-U Put this on each end of your post {spoiler} what you wrote {/spoiler} but use these [] instead of this {} around the spoiler.

Edit: Ignore post.

Edited on by Jazzer94

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94