Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 926

Nintenbro

Wow! @Chrono_Cross, that sounds really amazing. I guess I'll have to add, "Wario Land Shake It!" onto my, "Must Have," Wii titles list. I also have, "Super Mario Galaxy 2," on that list. I still haven't finished Galaxy 1 yet, because, "Xenoblade Chronicles," has been dominating all of my videogame playtime. I'm trying to purchase every definitive Wii title, before the WiiU arrives. I know their prices will gradually increase, afterwards. I don't want to be forced to pay an arm and a leg for every Wii title I really want to have in my collection. So far, I have, "TLoZ: Skyward Sword Bundle," (Still unopened, but I had a prior copy.), "Xenoblade Chronicles," (I'm in awe!), "Super Mario Galaxy," (So far, my favorite Mario title of all-time.) and, "Fishing Resort," (A surprisingly phenomenal fishing title).

By the way, do you happen to produce gaming reviews @Chrono_Cross?

Edit: Oh! Duh! I should've read your signature. My bad.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Chrono_Cross

If you love games like Super Mario World and Super Metroid (one being a platform game and the other being focused on backtracking), you will love Wario Land Shake It!. It is most definitely the best Wario game out there. As for Super Mario Galaxy 2, well... that's the best game on the damn system, lol. But Xenoblade is really the ONLY excuse to why you don't have time for either of those games. You're spoiled right now.

I do write amateur reviews on my Tumblr and I'm a reviewer on WiiWareWave/NintendoWave. Writing is my hobby so I enjoy it quite a lot.

Edit: 19.99 new at GameStop!

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Nintenbro

Yeah, I'll admit. I guess I am a little spoiled.

I'm definitely going to purchase a copy of SMG2. I've been informed that it's just like SMG, but does everything so much better.

Edit: Oops... Nevermind.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Chrono_Cross

Wario Land Shake It! is $19.99 new at GameStop. Trust me, if Galaxy 2 was new at $20 I'd be buying myself another copy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is righteous. I could write three paragraphs of why I love it, but I'd never spoil anything for someone who has yet to play it for themselves. lol

Just for you.

Chrono_Cross

Galaxy 2 is the better game. You should do yourself a favor and play it before 3D Land.

Just for you.

ThePirateCaptain

Man, i cannot believe that I was missing out on De Blob for so long. I just got the game two days ago and i'm already in love! From the colorful visuals and graffiti style to the superb music, this game is just great. I love it's style and highly recommend it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

The controls kinda put me off when I rented De Blob years ago. I still wish De Blob 2 had stayed as an XBLA title. I might have bought it then.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThePirateCaptain

@Mickeymac Well it's kinda cheap now so for 15 bucks, what do you have to lose?

So I was curious as to the differences between Boom Blox and Boom Blox Bash Party. Is one better than the other or are they both worth getting?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Wheels2050

iPancakez wrote:

So I was curious as to the differences between Boom Blox and Boom Blox Bash Party. Is one better than the other or are they both worth getting?

Bash Party is meant to be an improvement on the first in every way (having said that, the first is still meant to be great). I guess you could get both so you have a large number of levels to play, but if that's not a concern just go for the second.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Nintenbro

ZachAttack wrote:

any one have a 3ds

Ummm... Yeah, there's an entire forum full of threads dedicated to 3DS. Why in the world would you choose to visit this thread and ask such a question?

*Shakes head in a disapproving manner.

Nintendo Bro

KingMike

So, I guess getting de Blob 2 new for $9.50 from Best Buy wasn't a bad choice?
How about $20 for Sonic Colors?
I tried to buy Pikmin 2 today, but Target, GameStop and Best Buy all didn't have it in yet. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

KingMike

kkslider5552000

apowes wrote:

I'd like some advice on shooters if anyone can help.

I'm interested in the Conduit 1 and 2, but have read mixed reviews on their campaign modes. I do not play online, and I don't care about multiplayer (local or online). Which of these two titles (The Conduit or Conduit 2) has the longer, more satisfying single player mode?

I don't really care for modern warfare games such as CoD, but if it comes down to it, I may give them a shot. I've heard the best reviews for Reflex Edition, Black Ops, and World at War. Can someone also pick which of these 3 games has the best single player mode?

Thank you!

the correct answer is Goldeneye or Red Steel 2. Probably more Red Steel because single player.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

@KingMike - It doesn't seem like its price is going any further down than that. I'd say go for it, but if you wanna wait and see if you might find it for cheaper later, though, I can't blame you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mrquope

Godfather or Scarface? Which one has more content? Better gameplay? How are the controls for both?

Also, is SC Double Agent any good?

Edited on by mrquope

mrquope

Nintendo Network ID: DogNut327

Electricmastro

apowes wrote:

I'd like some advice on shooters if anyone can help.

I'm interested in the Conduit 1 and 2, but have read mixed reviews on their campaign modes. I do not play online, and I don't care about multiplayer (local or online). Which of these two titles (The Conduit or Conduit 2) has the longer, more satisfying single player mode?

I don't really care for modern warfare games such as CoD, but if it comes down to it, I may give them a shot. I've heard the best reviews for Reflex Edition, Black Ops, and World at War. Can someone also pick which of these 3 games has the best single player mode?

Thank you!

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

CanisWolfred

I know Reflex is the most Intact singleplayer compared to the other games in the series. And The Conduit 1 has a better singleplayer from what I hear, but the MP in the sequel is far better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SKTTR

DogNut64 wrote:

Godfather or Scarface? Which one has more content? Better gameplay? How are the controls for both?

[/div]

I like The Godfather better for the gameplay. It's just more fun to take over the city and go on a rampage with some intelligent acting CPU controlled mafia guys on your side.

Scarface is really good as well, but it's certainly much harder and for that maybe not as enjoyable.
Both games have gigantic freeroaming open worlds, like GTA.
Scarface is bigger and has more variety though. Godfather is mostly New York cityscapes.
Great atmosphere on both though.
I thought the controls on The Godfather were a bit better and easier and you had more actions.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic