Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 641 to 660 of 956

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

641. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Twilight Princess looks like such a dreary colorless mud drenched never ending barren depress-fest. :p

Why dont you play it before you judge it? Beat it and get back to us.

I've played 15 minutes of it(yay me.lol), but i don't want to waste the time being stuck in 'that' kind of Hyrule. I'm sure the dungeons are awesome though, but I just don't care at all to play it.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

642. Posted:

I haven't done it in a while so I feel like recommending Muramasa. It is awesome.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

643. Posted:

It's hilarious how much I've been talking about playing No More Heroes 2, but I still have no real desire to fire it up. lol And i know that's because i honestly don't want to get used to the combat again. I hate 3D brawlers with a passion....

Yet NMH2 has the 8-bit Jobs which look fun at first and charming yet ultimately shallow and repetitive, plus the Boss battle and cut scenes have totaly got me interested. I guess I'd rather just 'watch' than play for better words.lol :p

Ju-on: The Grudge just came in the mail, That will be the next Wii title I'll play. B-) I'm not expecting too much, just a short semi-spooky shnazzy sucky halloween treat if anything. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

reborn

644. Posted:

Hi! I need help! I'm trying to buy a Wii game for Christmas and I can't decide between Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. Both are entries of important sagas and they've received good reviews but I just don't which one I'd enjoy more. I've played Fire Emblem on GBA (the one with Lyn and Elywood) but I've heard that FE:RD is far more difficult than others FE. What about Sakura Taisen's saga?
Thanks in advance! :D

Currently playing: Pokémon X (3DS), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS), Persona 3: FES (PS2),
Recently finished: White 2 (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)
FC: 0748-1618-4432

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

645. Posted:

reborn wrote:

Hi! I need help! I'm trying to buy a Wii game for Christmas and I can't decide between Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. Both are entries of important sagas and they've received good reviews but I just don't which one I'd enjoy more. I've played Fire Emblem on GBA (the one with Lyn and Elywood) but I've heard that FE:RD is far more difficult than others FE. What about Sakura Taisen's saga?
Thanks in advance! :D

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is the better game, but it's the direct sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, so you might want to play that one first. It's excellent, Path of Radiance in combination with Radiant Dawn is my favourite Fire Emblem saga. I call it the Ike-Saga, and it's scale is EPIC! One of the best RPG experiences you can find on Wii.

Sakura Wars isn't bad either. It's pretty different from anything else but quite adorable. I was glad to find it for 20 and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike Radiant Dawn's connection to an earlier Fire Emblem game Sakura Wars has nothing to do with the 4 prequels except for its gameplay. The story and characters are all new, and it all takes place at a different time and in a different place, so Sakura Wars on Wii is a good place to start with the series.

They're both very good Japanese, story-heavy, roundbased strategy-RGPs.

I recommend them both. Glad to have them in my Wii collection.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

646. Posted:

Just played maybe up to an hour of Ju-On/The Grudge and I'm feeling very mixed on the experience so far. I'm just blown away by how awful the controls are. The flash light controls are clunky, slow and not exactly 1:1 responsive....not to mention the crappy flash light itself barely emits any light(Compared to Silent Hill:Shattered Memories) making you helplessly and akwardly wander around leaching against walls half the time to actually or barely see where you're going. Then again, i think I need to amp up the brightness a bit in the game's brightness options. :P

Plus you walk slower than a Pre-oozified TMNT turtle or like a grandma that's just awaken from her crypt keeper sleep....And this really hurts the gameplay, because if you die......as in your flash light battery runs out which then leads to Kayoko instantly killing you. Where you then have to start right back at the beginning of the level, which IS fine, it's just the slow poke Snail-like walking that makes you NOT want to redo what you just did and give up on the game as a whole.

On the flip side, this game based on my hour playthrough got me jumping and actually scared me more than any RE game ever could(Then again, Resident Evil was never scary unless you were a youngin like i was 12 when i played the original RE for the first time. Yet I haven't played the fatal frame franchise so I can't compare, while Silent Hill is more mildy disturbing and unsettling.)....It was the suprise jolting creepy loud footsteps from the child and the banging and objects being knocked over or tossed in the environments that started to freak me out and make me jump. :o ...

.Plus my sennhesier headphones were on pretty loud as always which increased the scare factor big time :p I'm a big horror movie buff, and no game has ever done this to me, this is possibly the scariest(as in jump scare) video game I've ever layed my goonie mits on. B-) Aside from the horrible controls which turned me off, it was the jump scare factor and creepyness of the game that made me put down the controller as well. lol :p

Yet What i found pretty lame however was when the ghost kid would randomly all of the sudden pop on the sides of the screen, just like that 'TOASTY guy' from mortal Kombat who shouts "TOASTTYYYY!!!" lol :p it looks a bit cheesy and pretty tacky, but the rest is grade A stuff!

Anyways, I need to give it a second chance tomorrow.....it's just the controls that are turning me off mainly. Oh and the graphics are nice, IGN's review is reDONKulous....the character models look fantastic, especially Kayoko up close. eek!
And the scares will make your heart beat like a tony danza on a spicy chilli dog eating spree.

I'd rather keep and play Ju-On: The Grudge rather than bother with that unscary cinematic snore fest that was Dead Space: Extraction that's for sure. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

647. Posted:

Should I get Rayman Origins or Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

648. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

@SKTTR do you recommend Sakura Wars to FE fans? I didn't understand how this game works... isnt a relationship sim ?

It's not just a relationship sim!

And yes, I would recommend Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiant & Radiant Dawn fans because both games have in-depth stories driven by interesting dialogue and beautiful anime artwork and movies, and both have their unique strategic roundbased battles.

The relationship sim part is just to have better harmony (some advantages) in the battles, and are pretty interesting storywise because the NPCs evolve in different ways depending on how you treat them and how you spend your limited free time between the battle stages. Characters actually grow to like or hate you depending on what you say and the decisions you choose to make. Ultimately there are 5 or 6 girls you can be friends (and more?!) with and a few side-roles that have an opinion and feelings for you as well.

Both, Sakura Wars and Fire Emblem have two heavy sides of gameplay: much dialogue and management in one part and strategic battles in the other part.
And both are still true originals, different enough from each other. If you love Steampunk New York and playing as a boy evolving into a little casanova (or stupid brat) with 5 hot anime chicks around you, and fighting giant mechs with jet transformers in unique stages then this might be worth it to you. Found it for 19.99 € and am pretty happy with it. I have yet to beat it. Stuck on a crazy airfight.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

649. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Should I get Rayman Origins or Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Hmm... I'd go with Rayman because it seems to be a more innovate, visually impressive, and high quality platformer (this is coming from someone who owns and enjoys Kirby). The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

650. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Mickeymac wrote:

Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

woodlin37

651. Posted:

Animal crossing is superb the gamecube version had me hooked, i then got the DS version, good but it didnt get my attention too much as i felt as if id played it before, after a lenghly break from the series i got the wii version, and hooked again, great game.

Would really recommend Kirby's Epic Yarn this is one great game, Mario esque platformer, that can get tough later on, graphically beautiful and the soundtrack is fantastic also.

Edited on by woodlin37

Twitter = @woodlin37
WII U = woodlin37
XBOX 360 = Woodlin
YOUTUBE-woodlin37
Instagram - woodlin37
Patriots,Bruins,Celtics,Redsox and BC Eagles FAN. from the UK

Twitter: woodlin37

AuthorMessage

DLightan23

652. Posted:

Can anyone recommend sonic racing or any wicked 2d Platformers!! Me and the misses have thrashed donkey kong and Mario Nd I am stuck for what to play next.... Help!!

DLightan23

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

653. Posted:

DLightan23 wrote:

Can anyone recommend sonic racing

I've had a lot of fun with Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on the Wii, I can easily recommend it. Unless you can find Mario Kart Wii for the same price, or unless you have an Xbox 360 since the Xbox version looks better and runs smoother (especially in local multiplayer) plus you can download Metal Sonic.

DLightan23 wrote:

Me and the misses have thrashed donkey kong and Mario Nd I am stuck for what to play next.... Help!!

Sonic Colors is awesome but not if you want multiplayer. I haven't played Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Rayman Origins yet but they sound more like what you're after.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

DLightan23

654. Posted:

Thanks gamesake! I play wii more than my 360 dust gatherer so I will check out sonic for wii :) also your platform suggestions are also appreciated. Thanks

DLightan23

AuthorMessage

FloY

655. Posted:

Best Fishing games on WII anyone?

FloY

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

656. Posted:

Untitled
Did anybody enjoy NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams? B-)
I'm thinking about getting this one down the line, if anything the worlds look absolutely beautiful and super dreamy....What can I say, i'm a complete sucker for that kind of stuff. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

657. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Oddy wrote:

The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Mickeymac wrote:

Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Right, I'm just saying you're not missing out on much, multiplayer-wise.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

658. Posted:

Thanks for the NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams feedback guys! :P
I'd still get it regardless anyways haha. The $10(including shipping) price tag luckily wont hurt the Miss Piggy Bank.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

659. Posted:

Should somebody who basically despises Sonic the Hedgehog(Hey I liked the cartoon growing up! :P)give Sonic Colors a chance? :P
The last Sonic title I played was Sonic 4 and i thought it ranged from trash to mediocrity at best, tee hee.

Untitled

And then there's Wii Fit 2, that damn bloody $99 price tag keeps weezin on my bodaciousnous. I always keep putting it off because of the rocket high space cash.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

660. Posted:

@Waveboy Sonic Colors is awesome, but I know how much you dislike Sonic games. You sure seem to like Klonoa though, so why not give Kirby's Return to Dreamland a chance instead? Or that new Rayman Origins since you liked Rayman back on the PSX.

...in my pants.