Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 926

Bassman_Q

Okay, so I need you guys' input:

I just came back from Target, and saw that they're having a sale on Donkey Kong Country Returns for this week where it's only $30 instead of the usual price of $50. HOWEVER, I also saw Rayman Origins for $20 (regular price, apparently). Now, if you guys know me, I'm dead broke almost all the time. So, if I DO manage to scrape up enough money, it'll probably be only enough for one or the other. Seeing as they're both platforming games, I'm asking for a comparison between the two to see which I should buy. Take into mind the longevity of the game, bonus content, gameplay, etc. Thanks!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

kkslider5552000

I haven't played Origins yet but almost nothing's gonna top DKCR and I doubt it's much longer so...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Grab Donkey Cong Country. It's gonna be another 3 years before the price goes that low again. Rayman, on the other hand, is more likely to go down in price than go up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I'd wait for the next one. City Folk is just a really lazy game compared to the previous 2, and what online community or whatever it might have had has abandoned it at this point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bassman_Q

@kkslider and @Mickey - alright, thanks for the input. If I have a chance, I'll grab DKCR.

@Cevan - I would wait til the 3DS version of AC comes out. It'll be much more worth it.

Bassman_Q

e-love

So I have a few questions about some games :

Klonoa - Should I get this? Its only $10 at Gamestop

Xenoblade Chronicles - Would I like this game if I really like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy? Is it good visually and music wise (strange question, I know)

A Boy and His Blob - Just need opinions on this one

Punch Out!! - More opinions

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

@WaveBoy, thanks for the recommends!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Bassman_Q

So I bought DKCR like two days ago... I think I like it a lot better than Skyward Sword! Not that I didn't like that game, but it didn't have a nostalgic factor like DKCR does. Retro nailed pretty much everything in it. I just hope it lasts me quite awhile... I'm already on Area 4!

Bassman_Q

CanisWolfred

Emaan wrote:

Klonoa - Should I get this? Its only $10 at Gamestop

Yes. Waveboy explained it all. Just get it already.

Emaan wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Would I like this game if I really like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy? Is it good visually and music wise (strange question, I know)

No. You will like it because it's a good game in every respect. And graphics-wise, it's deficient, but makes up for that by having a great art style. Music-wise it's fantastic, no doubt about it.

Emaan wrote:

A Boy and His Blob - Just need opinions on this one

I too have this still sealed...

Emaan wrote:

Punch Out!! - More opinions

It depends on how much you like memorizing patterns.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamesake

Emaan wrote:

Depends on which Final Fantasy you compare it to, it's a lot like FFXII but better. Xenoblade is visually impressive in it's way. It's very colorful, sports loads of textures, new armor changes your appearance, and it has massive areas. Plus you won't see a loading screen every fifteen steps, like you would in Monster Hunter Tri. It's not all wonderful though--you'll see lots of polygon pop up in denser areas, like Makna Forest. The character models don't look like they were motion captured leading to some very goofy looking running and jumping animations, and faces could be more expressive. I can't find anything I dislike about the music though. It's phenomenal. Nintendo Power said some of the composers who worked on Kingdom Hearts helped make the 90 pieces of music that make up Xenoblade. Pretty impressive stuff.

...in my pants.

SonyFACE

I'm looking into Pikmin 2 (Wii) to get into the Pikmin series. Is that one or the first one a better introduction, in your opinions?

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

CanisWolfred

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

I'm looking into Pikmin 2 (Wii) to get into the Pikmin series. Is that one or the first one a better introduction, in your opinions?

The second, because it lacks the day limit, so you have more freedom to experiment.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

H_Hunter

Hey Everyone!

I need to try one last RPG game on my dear Wii. Here are the options:

1- The Last Story
2- Xenoblade Chronicles
3- Pandora's Tower

All have received very well reviews on this site but I only have enough stamina for one final RPG on Wii.

So if you were in my place, which one it's gonna be? and why?

Hint: long games are not my thing as I tend to finish a game as early as possible and move on..

Edited on by H_Hunter

3DS Friend Code:Moody2578-3840-9329

Bankai

H_Hunter wrote:

Hey Everyone!

I need to try one last RPG game on my dear Wii. Here are the options:

1- The Last Story
2- Xenoblade Chronicles
3- Pandora's Tower

All have received very well reviews on this site but I only have enough stamina for one final RPG on Wii.

So if you were in my place, which one it's gonna be? and why?

Hint: long games are not my thing as I tend to finish a game as early as possible and move on..

You don't like long games, so that's Xenoblade out (you'll need 60 hours to do the bare minimum of that one).

You don't like bad games (I assume), so that leaves The Last Story out.

That leaves Pandora's Tower. I personally love that game, but that was more for everything but the game.

KaiserGX

I would say The Last Story its not too long as Chronicles. It's more of an RPG then Pandora's Tower is. If your looking for Story there's a lot more of it too. Though Pandora's Tower is more about a relationship as it doesn't have that many characters. Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Bread-Not-Toast

Xenoblade Chronicles is brilliant,but you're talking a 60 hour + game,so I guess that's not you're thing.

Pandora's Tower is a basic Zelda at the end of the day,with a unique story,and combat system.

The Last Story is the best of the Operation Rainfall games,end off,not too long,not too shot.
A epic game,and my favourite game on Wii.

@LollipopChoSaw Why the hate on The Last Story?

Edited on by Bread-Not-Toast

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

CanisWolfred

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

This gets my blood boiling every time, not matter who it is. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you have any right to ward people away from him, and in this case it's hardly true. A lot of people have expressed disappointment in The Last Story. Just give your side and let the requestor decide who to listen to.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Radixxs

Mickeymac wrote:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Watch out for Chocobo he has a weird taste in games. Basically he likes what no one does and hates what everyone loves.

[/div]

This gets my blood boiling every time, not matter who it is. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you have any right to ward people away from him, and in this case it's hardly true. A lot of people have expressed disappointment in The Last Story. Just give your side and let the requestor decide who to listen to.

Don't listen to Mickey, he's just a little cranky after missing his nap.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic