Forums

Topic: Why did you choose Wii over PS3/360?

Posts 21 to 40 of 139

y2josh

Infernape1000 wrote:

I always buy Nintendo's consoles and handhelds.

Oh, I have all 3 consoles, so I really didn't choose it over the others.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

CanisWolfred

I didn't. The Wii was a gift. We set things straight eventually.

Actually, we chose it out of brand loyalty, but it didn't take long before we figured out that it just wasn't that appealing. I still keep it for the occasional gem and the VC, but for the most part, we just use the 360 or the PS2.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SeniorDingDong

I bought it in 2007, so some points might not be valid anymore:

• Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy getting outstanding reviews, Brawl on the way...
  • longtime Nintendo fan
  • price advantage
  • interested in motion controlls
  • improving my fitness with WiiFit
  • VC
  • doesnt need HD-TV for full experiance
  • no RROD
  • dont like wannabe adult and gory like Gears of War or Resistance (I think CoD:Reflex is my only M-rated Wii game yet)
  • fun over challenge (before the Wii, I exhausted my self all the time with competitive RTS gaming)

Edited on by SeniorDingDong

SeniorDingDong

rustythekid

1 Wii-mote
2 I grew up playing Nintendo games
3 Price
4 "I just got a Wii" sounds better than "I just got a PS3"
5 NINTENDO

rustythekid

Flandy

Because after playing Wii Sports i thought all motion conrtols would be good for the games and that made me want to get it

boy... was i wrong

also cheaper

Edited on by Flandy

Flandy

Aviator

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Aviator wrote:

(A) The wii was available before the PS3

Unless you live in Europe and Australia, the Playstation 3 was available before the Wii, but just a week earlier. Or are you meaning price-wise?

You answered your question in your question.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

zezhyrule

I'm a Nintendork.
I'm a fan of the Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Smash Bros. series.
It plays Gamecube games, though I still would have gotten it had it not.
I also like music from the zelda games.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Ramandus

I had a 360 that I liked...but I have fallen in love with the Wii. The games are fun, they have a weird sense of humor, they're cute, they don't command you to play them for 7 hours straight.

I sometimes play a game on my 360, but some of the games try very hard to be like movies. As someone who watches movies all the time, I get dissatisfied because I want to play a game and not watch a movie that doesn't interest me. Because then I start critiquing the plot, the characters, the voicework.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

melvin2898

I wasn't into all the PS3 and Xbox360 stuff.When I saw the physical stuff in a Wii,I wanted one badly.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

FairgroundTown

This thread has made me realize something - it is because I'm lazy. Since the days of the C64, I've never owned a non-Nintendo console - GB, GBA, N64, GC, DS, DSi, Wii. So now it has become the easy choice, partly because every transition except N64->GC had backward compatibility, and partly because I didn't know anything else. Mrs FT works for a-large-Japanese-consumer-electronics-firm-I'm-not-allowed-to-mention-by-name and I've considered buying a PSP (hmmm - that kinda gives the game away... oh well...), and more recently a PSP-Go, because they have been selling the Go very, very cheaply via staff sales, but I just can't be bothered... plus I'm worried about the cost of the games themselves on other consoles, as they always seem more expensive.

But, I think I need to branch-out. I'd buy an iPhone, if the prices weren't so ridiculous. (I spend about £30 per year on calls, so I'd be increasing my costs by an order of magnitude.) An iPod touch is sort-of tempting, as I currently carry two phones, a Nano and a DSi everywhere; but my mum has a (V1) Touch, and I found the touch-screen very un-responsive, although I'm sure this has got better.

But... there I go again - making excuses NOT to buy a non-Nintendo device.

FairgroundTown

zezhyrule

FairgroundTown wrote:

So now it has become the easy choice, partly because every transition except N64->GC had backward compatibility

I thought only the Wii had backward compatibility? Unless you are meaning handheld systems.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Ninten

Mostly for the price of the Wii. Moreso, I like Nintendo the most.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

SpentAllMyTokens

FairgroundTown wrote:

my mum has a (V1) Touch, and I found the touch-screen very un-responsive, although I'm sure this has got better.

I have a newer itouch, and I find the touch screen pretty responsive, even with a screen protector. I don't know if that helps.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

FairgroundTown

zezhyrule wrote:

FairgroundTown wrote:

So now it has become the easy choice, partly because every transition except N64->GC had backward compatibility

I thought only the Wii had backward compatibility? Unless you are meaning handheld systems.

Exactly! I stuck with handhelds during my 'poor student' days - then the N64 was my first purchase when I got a job! (Well... actually, my SECOND - the first was a TV!)

FairgroundTown

LEGEND_MARIOID

Inclusional gaming for multiple players including family
Accessible gaming
Nintendo
Intuitive wiimote gaming (the ps3/xbox, gamecube "gamepad contoller" seems a bit backward now, imho, though it still has its place)
Too many exclusional, 16 plus titles on PS3i for males aged 12-35.
Lost faith is Sony in general
Why go for PSs all the time? There are other consoles too!
Price.
Wii is far, far more interesting (this coming from an ex PS fanboy)
We're active kind of people in our household
Nintendo fan-people as much as ex PS fan people
Many of the people i knw who bought xbox, ps3 were isolationist trying to "look hard" by playing hardcore games or were actually extreme hardcoreists themselves!
etc etc

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

y2josh

LEGEND+MARIOID wrote:

Intuitive wiimote gaming (the ps3, gamecube "gamepad contoller" seems a bit backward now, imho, though it still has its place)

Untitled

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

V8_Ninja

I chose it because most titles on the other platforms are rated M, which I can't quite play due to somewhat strict house rules. I can barely think of ten great titles for the PS3 that are rated T or lower. I also chose it because I love Nintendo games.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

MAddogz

I wanted the Wii since Nintendo first announced the console. Hearing about motion controls in gaming, was something new for me.
In my mind I was making up how this would play and what impact it would have on gaming.
Now I know I was right

I preordered my Wii and got it on launch day. I was the 4th person to pick up the Wii. Three guys beat me on the way to the clerk ^^

I am not and I will never be dissapointed in the Wii, because it has the best games this generation. No generic FPS or Strategy game like those PS360... I never buy Microsoft or Sony products. My Bro had a Sony TV before... it was broken all the time... Windows sux... so no Microsoft...

The VC is also very interesting for me, because I couldn't buy all the games I liked back in the day, so now is the perfect time to get them. The Supending Play feature let's me beat those classic hardcore games, that killed me on the second level ^^

Thx Nintendo for the best Machine since the SNES!!!

[/url]

[url=http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=MAddogz]MAddogz's Backloggery

Thoughts are free, who can guess them?
They flee by like nocturnal shadows.
No man can know them, no hunter can shoot them,
with powder and lea...

RyuZebian

The Gamcube was actually my first very own console, so my gaming history doesn't go back that far... But the first console I ever played was N64 ,at some guys house. And that guy later became one of my best friends! So yeah, from that moment I realized the bond-making abilities of Nintendo consoles! And the Wii was even better at it, because of the gimmick! You could be like: "Have you ever played Wii before? It's really cool. Want to try it out?" ... And then you have a great time together, playing the wide-appeal titles like Wii Sports, Wii Fit etc. And when you are alone, you can get some hardcore action with games like re4, Metroid 3 and COD... So yeah. VARIATION. The Wii has many times the wide appeal of PS3 or 360.

GREEEEEAT friend-making possibilities!
THE best first party titles!
Cool gimmick!
Best. FPS. Controls. Ever.
Greatest downloadable game library that has ever excited, thank's to the best games of past systems in one place...
Was the cheapest console at that moment.
Most varied games.

RyuZebian, player of games, commentor of comments. Oh, and my 3DS Friend Code is 2148-8170-8035.

Firkraag

At the time the PS3 had close to no games and 3 times the price tag of a Wii. The choice back then was simple.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.