Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 566

AlexSays

Well I don't know if it's worth almost $300 but it is a very very good game.

I like how Mario lays down and takes a nap if you set the controller down for a bit. Did he do that in the first?

AlexSays

MERG

@AlexSays...Mario did nap in the first one.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

warioswoods

weirdadam wrote:

I originally read this as "boobs, etc." True story.

wairoswoods wrote:

The fun is that these keep changing or popping up in new contexts to the effect of a continuous mix of familiarity and discovery.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Napping Mario 64 cracked me up. I love how he talked in his sleep of ravioli and whatnot.

Edit: Ahahaha.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

I'm midway through world 4 or so now...I have to say...I really think I prefer the first one.

This game is very good, yes...I'm not going to bash the game or anything...but...it's not really doing it for me. Playing it is fun, but it's making me wish I was just playing the first one instead.

We'll see. There's plenty of the game left to experience. But as of right now, I won't hesitate in placing Galaxy 1 ahead of this.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

AlexSays

I had the opposite feeling.

I was thinking I'd hardly ever go back to the first since it feels like there's so much more to do in the second.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Link-Hero wrote:

Yes he does, he also does that in Sunshine and 64. Also, you paid $300 for a Wii game!? Are you joking? I sure hope you are.

Shows how much I pay attention.

Or maybe I'm such a hardcore player I just never take a rest!

And...

AlexSays wrote:

You know I got my first ticket on my way to pick up Galaxy 2 from Best Buy today?

So the game wound up costing me $256 plus 10 for traffic school so my insurance doesn't make love to itself and multiply.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

AlexSays wrote:

You know I got my first ticket on my way to pick up Galaxy 2 from Best Buy today?

So the game wound up costing me $256 plus 10 for traffic school so my insurance doesn't make love to itself and multiply.

hahaha, at least you seem to be enjoying it, then... what a kick in the nads it'd'a been if you were hating it, right? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Slapshot

AlexSays wrote:

I had the opposite feeling.

I was thinking I'd hardly ever go back to the first since it feels like there's so much more to do in the second.

I had the exact same feeling that you did Alex on the first game. I didnt like the easy difficulty and got bored by the time I finished the game. I got around 100 stars and just was over it.

Just grabbed the game at Gamestop for a whole $7 USD or actually the wife did, she will be home later tonight and I will fire it up and start having fun. The way I see it, all these dang perfect scores mean its a freaking upgrade from the game I traded in and didnt really want to.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

AlexSays

So the first Galaxy was the one you were bored with and traded in? And you got Galaxy 2 for 7 bucks?

And yes that certainly would have made things considerably worse if I did not like the game. Nothing can make up for the "oh ****'" feeling you have though when you realize you're being pulled over.

It's like stubbing your toe really hard while saying something you immediately regret.

AlexSays

Chucko

Just picked up the game. Kinda slow at first, but gets better.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Paperclip

weirdadam wrote:

Hah, yes, Starcross, I got to the level where you can "skate." I didn't like how it controlled, but it was neat.

Jeez, nothing pleases you =P I ended up screwing around with the skating for a while, doing all these cool moves (like the triple jump), and wound up thinking why Figure Skating wasn't in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (at least I think it wasn't, and if it was, it would probably be more fun in Galaxy anyway).

....I contradicted myself C=

Check out my classy comics.

Slapshot

@Alex... nope I traded my second copy of MW2 (or actually wifes copy lol) and Dirt 2 for PS3. I really like Dirt 2 and kinda didnt want to let it go, but I figured Galaxy 2 will be worth it, and I got Dirt 2 for like $10 bucks.

.... oh and Im 28 here in a few hours actually lol, and Ive never been pulled over by a cop, lol. I have a Class A CDL Liscense and wreckless driving is no joke when you carry that on you. My wife got her second ticket in two weeks yesterday though lol.

Kid_A

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I'm midway through world 4 or so now...I have to say...I really think I prefer the first one.

This game is very good, yes...I'm not going to bash the game or anything...but...it's not really doing it for me. Playing it is fun, but it's making me wish I was just playing the first one instead.

We'll see. There's plenty of the game left to experience. But as of right now, I won't hesitate in placing Galaxy 1 ahead of this.

I had that feeling at first. Once you beat the game and you start going back to all those Galaxies again you really start to appreciate everything, though. I wasn't totally convinced it was better than the first until World 5, and World 6 really sealed the deal. I think they're both masterpieces, but it seemed to me that Galaxy 1 had quite a few levels that I really hated...however, I love every level in Galaxy 2. One thing I will say, however, is that it doesn't have quite as much heart as the first Galaxy, which might be its only flaw.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

Does anybody have any tips on how to get the comet medal in Fleet Glide Galaxy?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Kid_A

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Does anybody have any tips on how to get the comet medal in Fleet Glide Galaxy?

I have no idea. That level is just so packed with... stuff. I could hardly keep up with it. By far one of my favorite levels in the game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Slapshot

You glide freely to the star.... sorry had to do it lol

Adam

I'm writing an article entitled "Is Destructoid Home to the Worst Writer in History?"

Destructoid wrote:

I can’t fault Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, or even the original Super Mario Galaxy on any level -- they are all absolutely perfect games -- but everything they do great Galaxy 2 just does a little better.

This perfectly represents the nonsense pervading most reviews of this game. So the game is better than perfect? Yea right. Good game, great game, sure, but it's as flawed as any.

I also don't see how this is any more of a platformer than Galaxy 1 or whatever he's trying to get at. I only played the first half of the game so far -- hopefully will have time to get farther tomorrow before returning it -- but you can still kill most enemies much easier by running at them and shaking, shooting them, or just avoiding them altogether by running around, which is more often what I do. Then half the levels require the power-ups which circumvent or simplify platforming.

I think some reviewers just don't want to be outdone and so set out to prove they an even more perfect master of hyperbole than the previous guy.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

weirdadam wrote:

I think some reviewers just don't want to be outdone and so set out to prove they an even more perfect master of hyperbole than the previous guy.

I'm writing an article entitled "Is Adam the Worst Writer in History?"

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.