Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 566

warioswoods

We the people of Nintendo, in order to form a more perfect Mario . . .

Well, my copy finally arrived in the mail today, so if I get a chance to start into it tomorrow night, I can join the hyperbol-ating.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

That was sarcasm, Pix. It's a new technique I'm trying out.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

LzWinky

weirdadam wrote:

That was sarcasm, Pix. It's a new technique I'm trying out.

Huzzah for double sarcasm

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

nintendonerd0011

Starcross64 wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Does anybody have any tips on how to get the comet medal in Fleet Glide Galaxy?

Umm, which one is that? Is that (one of) the bird flying ones?

Oh, and just a link for everyone: Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best platformer ever? (Destructoid) I thought it was a good read.

I don't know how to get the comet medal in that level. The little bird at the beginning says to go through all 5 rings to get a comet medal, but I did that and I didn't get one. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I just got done playing beat block in double time, and man is that a hard level! Easily the hardest I've encountered so far in the game (I'm 87 stars in). Good luck to everyone who tries this one. If you want a real challenge, go ahead and try to get it without Yoshi.

nintendonerd0011

SuperMarioFan96

I feel like with each new Galaxy I reach there's something even more amazing than before. Is that a bit of an exageration? Yeah, probably. But each galaxy up this point (I'm in world 5) has offered something completely different, and every time it just feels incredible to play.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Chrono_Cross

Starcross64 wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Does anybody have any tips on how to get the comet medal in Fleet Glide Galaxy?

Umm, which one is that? Is that (one of) the bird flying ones?

Oh, and just a link for everyone: Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best platformer ever? (Destructoid) I thought it was a good read.

It's the second bird one where you fly in under a time limit. It's in the Lava base, and I can't get the Comet Medal.

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I just got done playing beat block in double time, and man is that a hard level! Easily the hardest I've encountered so far in the game (I'm 87 stars in).

Have fun with the rest of the game.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

toby_bob3

kind of weird but once you star off you might feel tiny bit bord for difficty reason(to easy) but soon it become 3billion time better then the first

i keep being blocked ?

nintendonerd0011

[quote="Chrono+Cross"][quote=nintendonerd0011]

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Starcross64 wrote:

I just got done playing beat block in double time, and man is that a hard level! Easily the hardest I've encountered so far in the game (I'm 87 stars in).

Have fun with the rest of the game.

LOL, thanks. I'm sure it gets much harder, but I got 242 stars in SMG 1, and I'm playing this one until I do the same, no matter how long it takes. HA

nintendonerd0011

MetalMario

The second gate is the hardest to get. You have to turn sharply to the left and do a full rotation pretty much.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

LzWinky

Chrono Cross wrote:

It's the second bird one where you fly in under a time limit. It's in the Lava base, and I can't get the Comet Medal.

what you have to do is get the 1-up there and IMMEDIATELY take a sharp left and slow down. Then you take a sharp dive to the left and you should see the gate. Then you go around the base until you see the opening (going slowly)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

metaknave

Continuing my (rather slow) playthrough, I'm up to 20 stars and the 3rd world. The Bowser level on world 2 was somewhat difficult, but Bowser himself was laughably easy, even with one slice of health. The only hard part there was when the Bowser statues shot lightning on the moving platform. I ended up being knocked off and started lava-bouncing the whole way, down to the one slice of health (it helps to have a life shroom). I quickly eradicated the Hammer Bros. and healed at Bowser's fight. So far, it seems easy enough, but then again, I'm only at world 3.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 2750-5496-5112
Brawl Friend Code: 2664-6284-4177

SuperMarioFan96

Just got to world 6, and it just keeps getting better. And I finally got to play the Throwback Galaxy. That was a lot of fun.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

MetalMario

Green Stars are fun. Some really make you think about how to get them.

MetalMario

Joeynator3000

Is there only 6 worlds? Or is it 8 like the old Mario games? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MetalMario

Once again, you can't get all 120 stars before you beat it once.

MetalMario

warioswoods

Played a little way in now, and I'm having a great time, but I still have to reserve judgment for a bit longer about which is better, Galaxy 1 or 2. I can say that I much prefer the intro and opening level sequence of the first game, as well as the bigger hub world.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

MetalMario

I like the Starship, maybe about the same as Rosalina's Ship, since you can get Yoshi and have alot of different characters there.

MetalMario

Chrono_Cross

lz2010 wrote:

Chrono Cross wrote:

what you have to do is get the 1-up there and IMMEDIATELY take a sharp left and slow down. Then you take a sharp dive to the left and you should see the gate. Then you go around the base until you see the opening (going slowly)

Yeah I did it. It was pretty easy.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.