Forums

Topic: Nintendo is Lazy and Doesn't Care?

Posts 301 to 320 of 321

Sneaker13

O, I probably was confused because of your statement of the VC games on disc.

Interesting thing about cannibalism. Never thought of that before.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

skywake

Kknight wrote:

Here's a Nintendo-specific website parroting the same nonsense...except they take it a step further and say that NSMBWii is a "must-have" game, but that you shouldn't buy it because there is better stuff to buy and because it sends the wrong message to Nintendo.

I guess that wrong message is "don't buy good games"

Its a bit late for that anyway. It has already outsold Wii Fit Plus, Super Paper Mario, Guitar Hero World Tour, Carnival Games etc and is well on its way to outselling Twilight Princess. Within the next few months it could easily overtake Galaxy and Brawl. If everybody stopped buying this now the only message Nintendo would get is "this is a typical core gamer cycle, this isn't what the casual gamers want, this is what the core gamers want".

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Kid_A

Machu wrote:

I really want to read this thread, but I won't be. I couldn't even make it halfway through the article before thinking...

F*** off Matt!

and this is from someone who has followed (and liked) Matt since 64.com :/

Yeah I've always liked Matt a lot, but ever since Wii Music came out he's become a self-promoting, cynical bastard (pardon the language). To be honest, I think the article itself is incredibly lazy, ironically. Matt's just doing what's 'cool' for gaming journalists: hate on the Wii. That's not Matt being perceptive or making some ground breaking observation: that's just Matt being a lazy, follow the hate-bandwagon journalist. I don't know, it's like Kirk Herbstreet. Dude used to play for Ohio State, but now that he's a sports commentator all the guy does is hate on Ohio State. Matt used to be on the Nintendo team, but now that he's moved on now all he does is hate on Nintendo.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

How is he "self-promoting"...?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

almostnacho

I just wanted to jump in here, that's fine, right? K. I have really been disappointed with IGN recently, and I never realized how hypocritical they were. Note how they praised "Mixed Messages" as the DS Multiplayer GOTY, and trashed the Wii for not having enough hardcore titles. WHAT? Myself, I have been gaming since only 2006, and oh-so-casual ever since. I don't give a four asterisks for any FPS, HD graphics, or Blu-ray Player; all that stuff is nothing to me. But saying Nintendo recycles too much, THAT pushes me over. Four asterisks you, Matt.

I'm back with a shiny new 3DS, yay!
FC: 5370-0428-9949
Walker is the best Animal Crossing character ever.

Adam

If you have only been gaming for at most there years, how would you know if Nintendo recycles too much? I mean, no offense, it's not like there's anything wrong with someone joining our nerdy ranks any year, but the article was for those who've been with Nintendo for a long time. I'm not saying they're right. The article does make some good points from my skimming but is too poorly written for me to bother with, but it's odd that you'd take issue with it when you aren't precisely the intended audience, from what I gather.

Come on, friends,

sonic_brawler95

Just read the article.....

I'm going to be honest, I was writing a big insult/argument about the article, but then I stopped, thought for a minute, then erased the comment and said...........wait, who the heck cares!

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Sean_Aaron

Yeah, I've been looking at IGN since the relaunch and there's just not that much there anymore. The sex in games 2009 was pretty good, but being IGN all the comments were about how crap the article was because it was actually, you know, well-written!

Previews and reviews is the only reason to read that site.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Dicesukeinuzuka

Not possible, I posted on another forum my opinion on this, but I'm to lazy to find it right now.

(Off-topic:HAPPY NEW YEARS evera-body!)

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

Kid_A

weirdadam wrote:

How is he "self-promoting"...?

Meh, I needed an insult.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mandoble

almostnacho wrote:

But saying Nintendo recycles too much, THAT pushes me over. Four asterisks you, Matt.

Is not that N recycles just too much, is that N does nothing except recycling for the Wii (with only two exceptions: WiiSports and WiiFit). Not that this is good or bad, this is just a fact.

Edited on by Mandoble

Mandoble

RebeccaGunn

I think it terms of game "lazyness" if you have a working formula and it isnt broke: why fix it? Unless you take LOTS of time trying to change aspects of a game or series and making it work. New ideas are not necessarily winners.

Though I don't get the lazy aspect really: Pikmin, Chibi Robo, Animal Crossing...all relatively new concepts in recent years. Sony and Microsoft have tried new things too but Nintendo has a bit more luck with new concepts. In any case what counts is what those owning the systems think and I think majority of wii owners are happy bar maybe a slight feeling that there isnt enough good titles coming out during course of the year. DS continues to lead the way

RebeccaGunn

Adam

RebeccaGunn wrote:

I think it terms of game "lazyness" if you have a working formula and it isnt broke: why fix it?

Precisely what I was thinking when they announced the N64 and mutilated most of my favorite game series. Perhaps Nintendo is best when it's being lazy.

Come on, friends,

RandomWiiPlayer

I just KNEW that was going to happen.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Good lord, 2,378 posts on one thread.

It's an shame that IGN wants to keep that pathetic thread up. I would rather remained banned permanently then ever go upon the Wii Board again.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Good lord, 2,378 posts on one thread.

It's an shame that IGN wants to keep that pathetic thread up. I would rather remained banned permanently then ever go upon the Wii Board again.

So no more comparing? Good, it was annoying.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

almostnacho

@Adam No wonder I felt so out of place! Although, I like getting deep into the history of Nintendo, by playing the games of years past. (I envy those with nostalgia. Really.) Maybe that wasn't such a good idea to post, but in the heat of the moment I wanted to express my frustration with IGN's Nintendo staff. I know Nintendo's lack of new hardcore releases isn't all bad for me, but I sometimes I wish I could find appreciation for said titles. Hope I explained myself, and if not, that I at least made a better post than before.

I'm back with a shiny new 3DS, yay!
FC: 5370-0428-9949
Walker is the best Animal Crossing character ever.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.