Forums

Topic: Nintendo is Lazy and Doesn't Care?

Posts 201 to 220 of 321

Knux

Kknight wrote:

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Of course Nintendo is lazy in some areas. NSMBW is a great game, but it could have been so MUCH MORE. NSMBW SHOULD HAVE HAD online multiplayer and a level editor/creator. What pissed me off about that was Miyamoto made a horrible excuse and said that the Wii could not handle online multiplayer on NSMBW. That was a LIE. NSMBW is only 0.35 GB, it could have almost been a WiiWare game! Nintendo was lazy developing NSMBW, but it is still a great game. But, it could have been so MUCH MORE. Oh well, at least I have hope for SMG2 and Metroid:OM.

0.35GB is 350MB...isn't the WiiWare limit 40MB? I'm getting tired of this ridiculous "should have/could have been a WiiWare game" stuff.

I don't know about that, but it would have been possible to split the games in several episodes.

Knux

NotEnoughGolds

Pepper Jack is my favorite.

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

I don't know about that, but it would have been possible to split the games in several episodes.

Why? Just because it's a side-scrolling platformer, it shouldn't be allowed a retail release?
What about Muramasa and ABahB? Also chopped apart and available as several WiiWare games?

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

skywake

oh, and at the "New SMB Wii is only 10hour" comment which was followed by the "well if its 10hours then clearly its a low quality game". According to the Nintendo channel I have, through playing most of the single player and doing multi, already clocked up 26hours with New SMB Wii. This does not include time spent playing over at my brothers place (with his stupidly large TV hooked up to a composite cabled Wii). This isn't a budget sized game in terms of length especially when you consider I am nowhere near done with it yet.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TKOWL

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Of course Nintendo is lazy in some areas. NSMBW is a great game, but it could have been so MUCH MORE. NSMBW SHOULD HAVE HAD online multiplayer and a level editor/creator. What pissed me off about that was Miyamoto made a horrible excuse and said that the Wii could not handle online multiplayer on NSMBW. That was a LIE. NSMBW is only 0.35 GB, it could have almost been a WiiWare game! Nintendo was lazy developing NSMBW, but it is still a great game. But, it could have been so MUCH MORE. Oh well, at least I have hope for SMG2 and Metroid:OM.

don't judge a game based on what it doesnt do, base it on what it does. Who cares if it could have been on WiiWare? Or if it wasn't online-compatible? Me and my friend had a blast with it playing co-op, and having someone at your side makes it a whole lot more memorable.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

skywake

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

see a few posts above

I guess they might have been able to split further than 9 episodes if the play videos are actually videos (and not a sequence of button presses). However, even at 5 episodes it still reaches the full, at least US, retail price. It depends on how far they could have split it but anything less than 5 would have ended with us spending less. I suspect it would have had to have been split more than 5 times.

ItsFuzzyPickles

The arguements have gotten a little heated, but nothing to bad.

I still stand by Nintendo not being lazy, even thought they can be cheap sometimes.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

Well, I don't know how to jump back into this thread, so I'll clear some things up.

#1. An (##) hour game is only how much time it takes for an insane SPEED RUNNER to beat the game. It doesn't apply to people who actually play the game.

#2. WiiWare is meant for small games, not insanely large ones. I know that many other people have complained/made sense of people by telling them the truth about the insane price tag that would have to be put on the game, so I won't complain about that much. And I'm sorry to all the thick walleted people, but I actually use my cash on things like a home, water, and air.

#3. WaltzElf, you are the god. I shall pray to you every night.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

skywake

I think I could speed run through this game in under 10 hours assuming I can use the shortcuts and cannons along the way. All up there are only around 10 levels you NEED to play to get to the credits so you could probably finish it in under an hour..... and significantly less if you are as good as the people in the Super Skills videos (which I am not).

Adam

If you are using warps and it takes you as much as one hour, you are doing something wrong. If it takes 10 hours, you need to consider playing something else.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

skywake

I think it goes without saying that if you are using the warp pipes its literally impossible to take 10hours to finish it unless you fail multiple times. The levels are on a timer... or... at least I think they are.

On the topic on Nintendo being lazy I came across this article on, oh the irony, IGN. It talks about Mega Man 10 and how Mega Man 10 (and 9) deserve some slack despite the apparent lack of innovation. The article goes on to say that a game like Mega Man is better for not trying to "push boundaries" and that the nay-sayers should probably go back to their 9th FPS for the year.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/105/1055218p1.html

Odd seeing an article like this on IGN so soon after the scandal of the article this thread is about.

Trevor_Fox

Oh, the hypocrisy! =P

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Sneaker13

Token+Girl wrote:

Yeah, because Mario has tons of personality, especially in the 2d games. Wahoo! They did give the toads some personality as NPC sin Galaxy.

They turned Luigi from a green Mario into a guy with personality that totally differs from Mario, didn't they. And now they have added a intro. In the first Mario, you are told nothing in the game itself. They could have added some lines for the toads, that would helped a lot.

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I just said there were blue and yellow toads in SMS and SMG.
Also I had never even heard of Toadette before that other thread popped up, and I've played every single console Mario platformer... err, except Sunshine.
So, all I would see is a blue toad and a pink toad, rather than Toad and Toadette. You really think it's lazy of them to refuse to do a palette swap before releasing the game? I imagine they just didn't consider it to be important.
And the reason it should be canonical is that even though it's multiplayer, it's not a party game. It's another entry in the platformer series, and thus, imo, should be taken seriously. That means not including random characters and not having Wario or Waluigi or Daisy or Sheik or Link or MC Ballyhoo.

Toadette is related to Toad which is one reason why it would work. And she also appeared in Paper Mario for the GC and has a cameo in Super Mario Galaxy with Toad. So I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Besides Bowser Jr. appears in the game and he wasn't added until Super Mario Sunshine. I don't know where the palette swap remark come from, but two generic toads with no background info is just taking the easy way out.

Edited on by Sneaker13

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Adam

Luigi didn't have a distinct personality for a long time, and it never bothered anyone. What on earth do you need personality for in a platformer, anyway? Especially one whose story is "Some turtles stole a princess. Get her."

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Mandoble

skywake, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Zelda (not a Wii game) are epic inside Wii world (and yes, they are), but none of these would ever pass the "mediocre" rating in the PC gaming world, this is what I was trying to say. BTW, saying that PC is just for FPS is just like saying that Wii is just to play Wii Play style mini games.

Mandoble

Fuzzy

I don't get it. My gf has always chosen to be a toad whenever we play it. Ive always gathered that the toads are more popular with females (from my experiences). But I guess it's pretty easy to complain about such a little thing when the game is a near perfect 2D platformer.

Also, I doubt Nintendo's popularity this generation is a fluke. It's the result of a lot of hard work, not laziness.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

skywake

Mandoble wrote:

skywake, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Zelda (not a Wii game) are epic inside Wii world (and yes, they are), but none of these would ever pass the "mediocre" rating in the PC gaming world, this is what I was trying to say. BTW, saying that PC is just for FPS is just like saying that Wii is just to play Wii Play style mini games.

my point ----------------->
your head

Basically, by saying the reverse of what I meant and then laughing at it, I said that the Wii gets games pushing graphical limits on it just like some games on the PC aren't. Even then some of the simplest PC games are very original compared to the "high end" part of the market and the high end Wii games (even these apparent ports) are frequently put on "GOTY" awards.

Edited on by skywake

Sneaker13

weirdadam wrote:

Luigi didn't have a distinct personality for a long time, and it never bothered anyone. What on earth do you need personality for in a platformer, anyway?

Nintendo had a clear idea about Luigi from the first game (Mario Bros.)
Untitled
And watch this very bad commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSte8m4Da6A

I don't need personality in a platformer. But talking about a story in a game and characters are two different things. Nintendo decided to add the Koopalings to the game. Seven distinct enemies with there own looks and personalities. If they go through so much trouble for the baddies, why cut corners for the good guys?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

V8_Ninja

Um, why are we comparing Wii platformers to PC games? I don't get it. And if it were on the PC, it would get more praise because it's taking chances on a platform/system that doesn't usually have those kinds of games. If you don't believe me, download this and look at how many fanmade "levels" there are. You'll see why what I mean.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

skywake

we are comparing the Wii to PC because @Mandoble wanted to go on a tangent. Presumably because his argument lacked any decent points. Just let this go..... see where it runs.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.