Forums

Topic: I lost 24700 Nintendo Points and have them back now :-)

Posts 41 to 60 of 105

hulklol123456789

@WaltzElf, first of all the dude need to accept that he can probably lost those games, and all those money, he can try to recover their games, all he want, probably he can, but he need to be ready if the worst happends... So because of these experience, the guy is probably not gonna buy any more WiiWare games, its my recommendation to him to get disks, they are more save and let's face it, they are actually better.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

CanisWolfred

invmat lost $217 that Nintendo refuses to refund, and he can no longer play any of those games. That's practically the same cost as another Wii. If I were him, I wouldn't buy another Wii at all. Why continue supporting a company with such erroneous policies?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

hulklol123456789

Mickeymac wrote:

invmat lost $217 that Nintendo refuses to refund, and he can no longer play any of those games. That's practically the same cost as another Wii. If I were him, I wouldn't buy another Wii at all. Why continue supporting a company with such erroneous policies?

You are right, but probably the guy doens't know that he can't hve tey games back, so he buy the Wii before, but you are totally right.

theblackdragon

@Mickeymac: it's a little late for that, though -- he's already got a working Wii, and he obviously wants those games back. whatever he does after-the-fact is on him, but he needs to get in touch with a supervisor at Nintendo somehow and plead his case. He bought those games fair and square, and at the very least they should be able to give him back what he bought somehow.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

I thought that once your Wii died, all your Wiiware died with it, regardless of warranty replacement.

Still--this only further supports my decision to support Sony's downloadable realm instead of Nintendo's....it's so innately superior. Haven't bought a Wiiware game since the massive snorefest that was Bit Trip Occaisional-button-presser.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

hulklol123456789

@invmat
Dude, try to do everyhting you can to get those games back. But if you can't, its just bad luck, and a bad nintendo service, but it can happend to anyone.

darebear

Surprising! I've found Nintendo to be an awesome company that really supports their customers. I've had my Wii replaced twice now, free of charge; and in each case they were able to transfer the data from the old one to the new one. They also replaced a disc for me that got a little too scratched up. They didn't really have to but I asked and they did it no problem or questions asked. While I'm sorry you're having this experience with them, I love their policies in regard to customer service! I say a little more and a little louder. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! There should be someone at Nintendo that can take care of that for you. Like you say, all they have to do is check your Club Nintendo account to find out that it's legit.

Edited on by theblackdragon

darebear

lockelocke

DUDE!! you need to call back and talk to someone else. there is no way they can justify not, at the very least, reimbursing you the points. if your account still exists floating around somewhere on the internet, connected to your old serial number, than the evidence exists that you paid for those games. the customer service reps that Nintendo employs look up your questions in a giant manual, most of them would have no idea how to deal with any Wii related issue if there weren't a giant book that told them how to do it. don't listen to them.

DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!! call them back, if the first person you speak to says they can't help you, then demand to speak to their supervisor, if the supervisor won't help you, demand to speak to the floor supervisor. don't act angry and aggressive, but if a phone rep tries to dissuade you from prying any further into the matter, just tell them "i really need this problem to be resolved" DON'T GIVE IN!! I swear, I've taken classes on how to speak to phone reps to get what you want out of banks, insurance companies, etc. THOSE GAMES ARE YOUR PROPERTY!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Shane904

From what I have seen/read, Nintendo seems to only transfer the downloads when they have the system there, although I can only say this about NOA.

This is why I totally prefer a solid copy of a game instead. Nintendo really needs to work on their system for the Wii/DSi Shop. If people look at the stuff for that when choosing systems, it will really turn off the people who will plan on downloading the games.

Your best bet would be calling them a few times and hope you get different people.

Oh, by the way, I didn't see more than a few errors in your post.

Shane904

LzWinky

lockelocke wrote:

THOSE GAMES ARE YOUR PROPERTY!

No they are not.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

hulklol123456789

cheetahman91 wrote:

@Lockelocke: Those games aren't his proporty. Nintendo licenced those games to him.

Oh don't ruin the moment!!

Lol, anyways your right, but he paid fo those games, so im with lockelocke, there must be a way, in the one these dude can get his games back.

lockelocke

haha. "those digital copies of those games are your property"
better?

i_am_error
backlockelockery

LzWinky

lockelocke wrote:

haha. "those digital copies of those games are your property"
better?

Nope. He's licensed to use them. He doesn't own them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

lockelocke

okay dude, sheeeesh. i'm not trying to make this a debate about intellectual property. I guess it's the points that are his property, because technically that's he paid for. So (drrrruuuummmrooooollll)

"THOSE POINTS THAT YOU USED TO PAY FOR THOSE GAMES ARE YOUR PROPERTY!!"

better now?

i_am_error
backlockelockery

cheetahman91

Even says it on the back of a points card in small letters.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

darebear

Hey! Nintendo! If you haven't got the message yet: GIVE THIS MAN HIS POINTS BACK!!!

darebear

cheetahman91

lockelocke wrote:

okay dude, sheeeesh. i'm not trying to make this a debate about intellectual property. I guess it's the points that are his property, because technically that's he paid for. So (drrrruuuummmrooooollll)

"THOSE POINTS THAT YOU USED TO PAY FOR THOSE GAMES ARE YOUR PROPERTY!!"

better now?

Dunno bout 'that.
Yeah, it's better.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

lockelocke

haha. not to deviate too much, but how does that work with retail copies? is that something that came out of digital distribution? like, you're telling me I don't OWN the copy of Link To The Past on my Wii, but I DO OWN the SNES cartridge in my closet?

i_am_error
backlockelockery

cheetahman91

lockelocke wrote:

like, you're telling me I don't OWN the copy of Link To The Past on my Wii, but I DO OWN the SNES cartridge in my closet?

Yes.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.