Forums

Topic: I lost 24700 Nintendo Points and have them back now :-)

Posts 21 to 40 of 105

MetalMario

I've always hated how the Shop was set up. If your Wii breaks, you lose everything, and they won't believe you if you call and tell them.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

madgear

Nintendo need to sort this out. This is why I hate digital distribution, DRM etc - anything where the company keeps control of your purchases. I mean Nintendo actually have the power to remove games from your Wii, they can deny you from redownloading because of some corporate policy they stuck onto the service and can deny you access to games you've ligitmately purchased because you've needed to get a new machine.

Why should anyone lose the rights to the games they have paid money for because they changed the country in the Wii's settings from Dutch to English? You've bought the machine, you've bought the games, you should be able to play them in whatever language you wish - not the one where Nintendo says "you live in the Netherlands so you must play in Dutch or lose everything".

Anyway, don't take no for an answer. Tell them you've bought those games, it's your right to play games in English if you want and that they need to give you your damn games back. And if they say to ship it back again at more expense to you - then complain further. Write letters, pester their office - even get the media involved. As much as I love Nintendo's games, they shouldn't be allowed to walk all over us like this.

madgear

theblackdragon

madgear wrote:

Anyway, don't take no for an answer. Tell them you've bought those games, it's your right to play games in English if you want and that they need to give you your damn games back. And if they say to ship it back again at more expense to you - then complain further. Write letters, pester their office - even get the media involved. As much as I love Nintendo's games, they shouldn't be allowed to walk all over us like this.

this, this, this. you paid good money for those games and points; what a load of BS.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MetalMario

Nintendo is awesome, but their customer service is just awful. Sometimes it helps, but still others they don't know what's going on....

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Bankai

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Dude, It is freaking frustration, it is a big and giant , but so it is, you lost it, you need to accept it, anywaya you learn a lesson, get disks, NOT nintendo points, thats one of the reson because the one I stopped buying, the other reason was, ok lets face it, I know at least 3000 of your points where junk, oks so big and bad smelling junk! There are good and cheap games, but you can't sell them or change them when you get boring you can't lend them to your friends, and when the new wii come, who knows, maybe you won't be able to transfer your games in-there. So dude, get DISKS!!!

LOL.

No, get a PS3 or Xbox 360. Both of those consoles allow you to transfer your downloads if something goes wrong. It's not this guy's fault Nintendo have moronic online policies. Telling him he should have bought disc-based games is like saying he did something wrong.

Edited on by theblackdragon

hulklol123456789

WaltzElf wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Dude, It is freaking frustration, it is a big and giant , but so it is, you lost it, you need to accept it, anywaya you learn a lesson, get disks, NOT nintendo points, thats one of the reson because the one I stopped buying, the other reason was, ok lets face it, I know at least 3000 of your points where junk, oks so big and bad smelling junk! There are good and cheap games, but you can't sell them or change them when you get boring you can't lend them to your friends, and when the new wii come, who knows, maybe you won't be able to transfer your games in-there. So dude, get DISKS!!!

LOL.

No, get a PS3 or Xbox 360. Both of those consoles allow you to transfer your downloads if something goes wrong. It's not this guy's fault Nintendo have moronic online policies. Telling him he should have bought disc-based games is like saying he did something wrong.

So what you said is that his error was buying a Wii? That instead he should buy other console? So lets everyone drop our Wii's into the trash and buy othe consoles? Thats what you suggest?? I said that is more save, always to buy a disk, or a game card, than buying digital games.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

LzWinky

Yes Waltzy, let's spend $300 on a new console just so that when it breaks we can transfer all of our online purchases to a newer console

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bankai

hulklol123456789 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

LOL.

So what you said is that his error was buying a Wii? That instead he should buy other console? So lets everyone drop our Wii's into the trash and buy othe consoles? Thats what you suggest?? I said that is more save, always to buy a disk, or a game card, than buying digital games.

I buy plenty of digital games, on the PlayStation. See, Sony has a really good online policy, so to say "always buy a disc" is incorrect (and especially hypocritical of you because I know you buy lots of DSiWare).

It's Nintendo's fault, and until they get better with online, people should continue to buy digital download games on other consoles, and complain to Nintendo daily until they fix it.

Yes Waltzy, let's spend $300 on a new console just so that when it breaks we can transfer all of our online purchases to a newer console

Better than spending $300 on games that you'll never get to play again if your console breaks down.

LzWinky

If he got it repaired by Nintendo rather than buying a new one (which frankly should be the more expensive option), he would have kept his games

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SpentAllMyTokens

I was under the impression is the only way you could transfer games onto a new Wii is if you sent a broken one in to Nintendo for repairs, and they replaced it for you. If you have everything registered on a Club Nintendo account, so you can prove that you did own the games, I'd call and just go up the management chain of command and complain (mentioning how loyal a customer you've been up until now), and they might be able to register those games onto your account, so you can redownload them. You've spent quite a chunk of change, so if you can get a manager on the line, I'm sure they'd try to help you out. However, you may be stuck with only the Dutch version of the games, depending on how linked up the shop channel accounts are.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

WaltzElf wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

LOL.

I buy plenty of digital games, on the PlayStation. See, Sony has a really good online policy, so to say "always buy a disc" is incorrect (and especially hypocritical of you because I know you buy lots of DSiWare).

It's Nintendo's fault, and until they get better with online, people should continue to buy digital download games on other consoles, and complain to Nintendo daily until they fix it.

Better than spending $300 on games that you'll never get to play again if your console breaks down.

Yeah but after downloading alot of junk, and getting money selling my old gamecube & gameboy games, and also a 3DS coming out soon, I will not download more DSiWare Games, you know, sony and microsoft can have good "dowload politics'', but nintendo have GOOD GAMES.

And lets face it, after spending 200$ in games, and trying to do everyhting to recover them, and you just an't, you just feel that you won't download other games anymore. If you got good disk games, and your wii suddendly brokes, you got your games THERE!
If buy a not really good game, you can sell it, and buy another one, CAN YOU DO THAT WITH DIGITAL DOWNLOAD GAMES??????? NO YOU JUST CAN'T!!!!

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Punny

Sorry, man. At least nobody secretly taped your reaction (if you had a reaction). I would have exploded!

I'm back (for the moment)!

LzWinky

To be honest, hulk does bring up a good point

Zach

You spoke to someone who works in a call center. Just call back and if you still get the same response, ask to speak to their supervisor. Hopefully someone down the line will make an exception.

Zach

Twitter:

Bankai

Yeah but after downloading alot of junk, and getting money selling my old gamecube & gameboy games, and also a 3DS coming out soon, I will not download more DSiWare Games, you know, sony and microsoft can have good "dowload politics'', but nintendo have GOOD GAMES.

And lets face it, after spending 200$ in games, and trying to do everyhting to recover them, and you just an't, you just feel that you won't download other games anymore. If you got good disk games, and your wii suddendly brokes, you got your games THERE!
If buy a not really good game, you can sell it, and buy another one, CAN YOU DO THAT WITH DIGITAL DOWNLOAD GAMES??????? NO YOU JUST CAN'T!!!!

Are you honestly saying there are no digital downloadable games worth buying? I can tell you now I play more digital download games than retail ones. If my Wii breaks then I lose out, yes, but for the third time, that's Nintendo's fault. Most of the download games I buy are on the PlayStation, and if my PlayStation breaks down I still have access to those games.

No, you can't trade in a digital download game, but then you can buy 3-4 of them for every retail game.

So, I guess my point is this - perhaps, rather than tell a guy that clearly enjoys digital downloadable games that he's an idiot and he should do what you do and just buy retail games, you should point the finger at Nintendo for having a moronic online policy. You're not the centre of the universe and some people have different preferences to you. Digital downloads are far more convenient for some people.

Again, the real advice is, if you do enjoy digital downloadable games, you should invest in a PS3 or Xbox 360 instead of a Nintendo Wii - for the simple fact that those two consoles have more secure online policies.

Edited on by Bankai

theblackdragon

guys, it's getting somewhat heated in here. let's all take a deep breath and chill, please. :3

and I agree with lz -- Hulk does bring up a few good points. it makes no sense to suggest someone go out and buy another console just because they lost points and games (and perhaps most notably has not yet attempted to go over anyone's head about this situation; his is a rather special case and deserves looking into by more than a low-level CS agent IMO). There's no telling if there's even anything from Sony or Microsoft's downloadable selections anyway -- yes, they've got the better downloadable policies at the moment, but Nintendo obviously has the games the OP wants to play. simply buying another console and throwing your money at another company has done nothing so far; it sure as heck won't solve invmat's problem here and now.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

hulklol123456789

WaltzElf wrote:

Again, the real advice is, if you do enjoy digital downloadable games, you should invest in a PS3 or Xbox 360 instead of a Nintendo Wii - for the simple fact that those two consoles have more secure online policies.

Thats it!! But we are on a Nintedo forum so WTF are we talking about other consoles??? So because a guy here have a Wii, I recommend that guy to NOT buy digital games, even if you geth 3-4 games for the same prize as a retail game, a retail game can have more content, be better, and you will also have more fun. I can tell you that in the DSiWare service I have bought alot of junk, but all the games I have bought in game cards, I really love and enjoy them. And if I geth bored of any o those games, I just sell them on e-bay for a good prize, and then buy another one, and thats all

And last thing, with retal game I can lend them to my firends, and they can lend me games, and you can't just do that with download games.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

LzWinky

WaltzElf wrote:

Are you honestly saying there are no digital downloadable games worth buying? I can tell you now I play more digital download games than retail ones. If my Wii breaks then I lose out, yes, but for the third time, that's Nintendo's fault. Most of the download games I buy are on the PlayStation, and if my PlayStation breaks down I still have access to those games.

How? If your PS breaks down then you need to send it in for repair, which is the same for the Wii. The only difference is if you had access to another PS3 or 360 you can play your games while yours is being repaired. My point is if Nintendo repairs your Wii, they usually salvage the games or refund your points. invmat bought a new wii, which is a big mistake because Nintendo doesn't transfer to other Wiis.

WaltzElf wrote:

No, you can't trade in a digital download game, but then you can buy 3-4 of them for every retail game.

So, I guess my point is this - perhaps, rather than tell a guy that clearly enjoys digital downloadable games that he's an idiot and he should do what you do and just buy retail games, you should point the finger at Nintendo for having a moronic online policy. You're not the centre of the universe and some people have different preferences to you. Digital downloads are far more convenient for some people.

Another advantage to disc games is the ability to play on any console without having to transfer the data from console to console.

WaltzElf wrote:

They also have a selection of games that doesn't appeal to a lot of people here. The simple idea of a more secure online policy by itself is a weak argument in favor of the former systems.

Edited on by LzWinky

Bankai

theblackdragon wrote:

guys, it's getting somewhat heated in here. let's all take a deep breath and chill, please. :3

and I agree with lz -- Hulk does bring up a few good points. it makes no sense to suggest someone go out and buy another console just because they lost points and games (and perhaps most notably has not yet attempted to go over anyone's head about this situation; his is a rather special case and deserves looking into by more than a low-level CS agent IMO). There's no telling if there's even anything from Sony or Microsoft's downloadable selections anyway -- yes, they've got the better downloadable policies at the moment, but Nintendo obviously has the games the OP wants to play. simply buying another console and throwing your money at another company has done nothing so far; it sure as heck won't solve invmat's problem here and now.

I agree. I think there's plenty to like on the Nintendo WiiWare, and I probably have around 20,000 worth of points myself (and I own half of what you can download on DSiWare too - I've a huge investment there).

All I'm saying is, as unfortunate as it is, Nintendo's online policy just isn't up to scratch right now, and until it is, it's really hard to say "sure, support it." There's plenty to like about digital downloads, but for now, if you do want to download games, you're better off with anyone but Nintendo.

All I was protesting was hulklol's ridiculous accusation that it was somehow invmat's fault for buying the games in the first place, and the implication that he somehow deserved what he got.

you lost it, you need to accept it, anywaya you learn a lesson, get disks

That is offensive on so many levels. For the billionth time, it's Nintendo's fault, and they're the ones that should be learning lessons, not the consumers.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.