Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,080

Tasuki

romulux wrote:

^and archives is perfect for golden gun. it may be my favorite level, definitely funner than the original version. too bad there's no bunker...

I wish they had the bunker level in multiplayer that was my favorite level of the N64 GoldenEye. So far I like the Station level the best but I havent tried all of them yet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Bunker was the best (as well as Facility, obviously)! I miss that level, but there's plenty of good ones to be had here, though. I personally like the open levels, because I have serious issues with lighting on the enclosed ones (but that's probably due to my crappy old TV).

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Oregano

@Metroid_Fan: There might be an air vent or similar near by that you can go through.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

kkslider5552000

so will this be like Kirby's Epic Yarn where apparently everyone will stop playing the game the moment I get it?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Deviant_Mugen

@Oregano: Never mind, I found what I was looking for...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

so will this be like Kirby's Epic Yarn where apparently everyone will stop playing the game the moment I get it?

Dose Kirby have online?!?! No! So I will be playing for months to come!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

Finally managed to clear the Nightclub mission, and it only took me a little over two hours and probably over 20 deaths! I need a new TV, because these dark levels are hell on my 007 Classic play-through...

grenworthshero

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Finally managed to clear the Nightclub mission, and it only took me a little over two hours and probably over 20 deaths! I need a new TV, because these dark levels are hell on my 007 Classic play-through...

Change the brightness settings in the game. You're supposed to be able to see the logo against a black background.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Deviant_Mugen

Is anyone else here frustrated with the radar function in this game? I know I am, especially how it makes enemies disappear if they're not directly in your line of sight. I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when I start advancing into what I assume is a room I just cleared, only for one lone straggler to pop up from behind cover and whittle down that little health and armor (assuming I even have any) I have remaining. And the body armor is way too scarce on Classic, right now I'm at the end of the Frigate and so far I've only found one body armor throughout the entire level. It's ridiculous, I'm not saying it should be in every other room, but at least every two or three. The levels here aren't like in the original; these are hour-long levels, so the body armor should've been doled out accordingly. Another thing that bugs me is how grenade-happy the thugs get whenever you're behind cover, and meanwhile you're stuck there without being able to chuck some back, because for some reason you're unable to carry any. These are just some things that are really bug me now that I'm going through Classic mode...

/rant

One thing that I was pondering the other way day is why didn't Eurocom offer Classic mode as an option, instead of a set difficulty (like Fallout: New Vegas did with Hardcore mode). It would've been much more pleasant to play it that way, since you could gradually up the difficulty, just like the classic GoldenEye. Playing on Classic right now is getting to be a hassle, because on top of having to keep track of how damaged you are and scrambling for body armor (not to mention having to constantly respawn after getting killed), you also have to keep an eye out for the additional objectives, some of which are hidden quite well...

@grenworthshero: I've messed around with them, but haven't been able to toggle it so the logo shows up...

BulbasaurusRex

grenworthshero wrote:

The thing I think hurts this game's multiplayer the most is trying to use the standards set by Call of Duty. The reason I don't much like modern shooters is because of that style. While the loadouts make sense because of the way multiplayer is set up, that takes away a lot of the fun of picking up new weapons and choosing new strategies. Everyone is pretty much equal in that regard in the new game, and it can feel old after a while. Also, ammo seems fairly pointless because of this, because I've never even come close to running out of ammo, even once. Even if I had, I could easily pick up another machine gun, which is probably going to be the same one I just had, if I can survive long enough to pick it up.

I've never been a big fan of melee attacks at all. I hate that you can just run up to someone and slap them in the face and they're dead instantly. It requires very little skill much of the time, and some people rely solely on melee attacks and it's the most annoying thing I can think of in any video game. I'm not saying I refuse to do it, because if I don't, I will be the one who's getting killed instead, but I'd rather it didn't exist.

I also don't like how fast you die in this game. In the original, matches with a limit of 10 kills took a long time because of the (comparatively) large health bar, and it made every kill feel like an accomplishment. In this game, most every time I kill sorry, eliminate someone, I feel like it was a cheapshot, and most every time I die, I feel cheated, because I barely have a chance to defend myself. Sometimes you spawn right next to someone who will then kill you in less than 2 seconds. The game box reads: "bringing multiplayer back to its roots", but all it's done is copy the same format every other game of this generation is doing.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love this game. I certainly like it more than Halo, especially with all the 13-year-olds cussing over the microphone all day like they're cool or something, but I wish it had tried to emulate that old-school style a little more. Of course, when developers try that these days, they usually fail because people call it archaic or something. I was one of the small group of people who LOVED Geist's multiplayer, because it brought back memories of Perfect Dark.

Conduit 2 should fix or impove most of those problems assuming it uses a similar system from Conduit 1:

Personally, I hate the weaponless spawns in the original Goldeneye. I can rarely ever find a weapon before someone else finds and kills me. The Conduit has a good combination with default weapons and plenty of weapons upgrades to find.

Yes, the weapons in the Conduit also have basically unlimited ammo, although the weapons boxes are useful for restocking different grenades, and there's always the defenseless moments of needing to reload. How much does needing to find more gun ammo really add to the multiplayer besides the added frustration?

It takes 3 melee hits to kill someone from full health in the Conduit. You can also take quite a bit more damage from guns based on your description. Sometimes I wish it was a little easier to kill someone. You also get a couple seconds of glowing invincibility whenever you respawn.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

SKTTR

Are there any old multiplayer maps? Any old music?

How's online multiplayer? co-op single player?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JonWahlgren

SKTTR wrote:

Are there any old multiplayer maps? Any old music?

How's online multiplayer? co-op single player?

No, no, read the thread, no.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

romulux

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

It takes 3 melee hits to kill someone from full health in the Conduit.

you sure about that? i think it's also just one, i should know as i've been killed many a time by it.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Cia

I'm frustrated about the reviewers who doesn't give this game the credit it deserves, because "it doesn't match the original, nothing could match the original ever, nothing, the game is bad because it's not a carbon copy of the original."

Which would actually be horrible.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

hulklol123456789

I really hate when reviewer give games bad score because "they are not as fun as the previus one" they should give the score on how good the game is alone, even if there was a previus one, even if it is a remake, even if it is a copy of a mario game called Twario that need to rescate the princess Strawberry in the fungus kingdown.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

retired_account

Anyone know if you can skip cutscenes in this? I know they're all in-game, but still.

retired_account

Deviant_Mugen

@pixelman: No, you can't skip cut-scenes, only the pre-mission briefings...

Deviant_Mugen

Yeah, I've wanted to skip a few now that I'm on my second play-through, but they're all short, so it's not too big a hassle to re-watch them...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.