Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 41 to 60 of 1,080

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

something seems really off about that trailer. idk if i trust it :/

Activision took it down multiple times on Youtube. It's the real thing...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

the_shpydar

moomoo wrote:

This game is a REMAKE. All they have to do is replace the graphics and make gameplay tweaks and add online.

Not if they don't own the original game code, which, ya know, they don't.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

moomoo

the+shpydar wrote:

moomoo wrote:

This game is a REMAKE. All they have to do is replace the graphics and make gameplay tweaks and add online.

Not if they don't own the original game code, which, ya know, they don't.

Even then, they're not making a game from the ground up, with new ideas and concepts. No, they're making a remake, which means all they have to do is use a pre-existing engine they have (the one being used in the new Call of Duty game would have been nice, but it looks way worse then Reflex) and remake all of the things in Goldeneye. It's definitely quicker then making an entirely new game. Considering it only took Treyarch a year to make Call of Duty: Reflex Edition, another remake, you'd think this game would look a ton better.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

RowdyRodimus

What is the point of this? I mean yeah, yeah Goldeneye on the N64 is beloved by millions of people that have fond memories of it back in it's heyday. But this is 2010. Devs should be trying to really innovate games now instead of just hoping they can strike it rich in the nostolgia market. Not only does it keep the industry at a stand still, it artificially increases costs by paying for an uneeded license and Daniel Craig to do VO's. We keep complaining about the skyrocketing costs of games, then celebrate those that keep the costs up without neccesity.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

theblackdragon

@moomoo: so? just because Activision is protecting an IP they have the rights to doesn't necessarily mean it's the real mccoy. for all we know this could've been some kind of proof of concept that's been leaked, and the real thing could be way better (or at least i'd hope so, lol)...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Maybe it should, but remember also, we're looking at a supposed leaked, not-so-great quality vid.

That being said, the graphics are fine for me (though yes, they are surprisingly rough), as i prefer to play my games rather than marvel at their prettiness. But that's me; i understand that others feel differently.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SuperMarioFan96

The fact that a trailer is leaking for a remake of a beloved game that was an exclusive on a Nintendo console which is now (possibly) being made exclusively for Nintendo's current console the day before Nintendo's E3 press conference seems like it might be a little more than a coincidence....

EDIT: Oh and Activision's conference is tomorrow too.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

warioswoods

1up is also reporting this as fact rather than rumor, and sourcing IGN. Seems legitimate at this point.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Splat wrote:

Gameplay > Graphics

But I didn't see anything in that video that wasn't being done in the multiplayer component to Half-Life 1, however many years ago that was, and every shooter since. What's interesting about the content of that video apart from the word "GOLDENEYE" slapped over it? I can't see anything even potentially unique about the experience, and if there was anything unique, they can rightfully be faulted by not pointing it out in the trailer.

Why is Goldeneye's name not enough? The game was hugely popular, so if the standard that name set is anything to go by, we should expect the game to be good, unlike if it were a sequel or remake of a game with a name like, say The Conduit. The promise of playing a classic game with enhancements like online play is enticing to old fans. If there were a Half Life game on Wii, then I might understand the comparison, but there isn't. I don't know of any good shooters on Wii with split-screen and online play. Actually, I'd say I don't know of any good FPSes on Wii at all, but I haven't tried whatever the last Call of Duty on Wii was, and I heard it was okay.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

suburban_sensei

Hm...I am a bit torn with the announcement of this game. Sure, the nostalgic part of me really wants to relieve those late Friday nights at friend's houses playing multi-player until the "wii" hours of the night (sorry for the bad pun...) However, I was a little bummed to see Daniel Craig in the video, since he wasn't even in GoldenEye...I know he's "the new Bond", but still, doesn't make a lot of sense. As others have pointed out, it looked a bit choppy and quite ugly to be honest, so I am not sure if it would really hold my attention past the multiplayer. I'll wait till we see some more solid footage before I really can care about the title.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Adam

Perhaps they don't have the rights to use the old Bond's likeness anymore?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Crystalking18

Is it really worth it to update a classic like GoldenEye? I mean, the N64 game was an instant classic, and did so much for FPS games, even though I don't like a lot of them. None the less, nostalgia would be the only thing that would even make this game possible to be released, and even then, can it really compete in today's game world, or not?

And in all fairness, this looks like a hoax.

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

jp-30

Just to add a little more legitimacy, a whois on the domain name at the end of the trailer brings up the following;

Domain Name: goldeneyegame.com
Administrative Contact:
Mary Tuck
Activision Publishing, Inc
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica CA 90405
US

Created on..............: 2010-04-21.
Expires on..............: 2012-04-20.
Record last updated on..: 2010-06-11.
Domain servers in listed order:
ns3.activision.com
ns5.activision.com
ns2.activision.com
ns0.activision.com

Edited on by jp-30

jp-30

SuperToad

The graphics looks more on par with N64's The World Is Not Enough.

SuperToad

SonicMaster

i can't get to a "goldeneyegame.com"

SonicMaster

mecoy

am i the only one who dosent like goldeneye but loves perfect dark

mecoy

jp-30

SonicMaster wrote:

i can't get to a "goldeneyegame.com"

The site won't go live until after the official announcement.

The character models are not that great, but the rest is great. An so long as it plays fast and smooth and fun, I really don't care.

Edited on by jp-30

jp-30

SpentAllMyTokens

I hope it's not real. It's not like it's going to have anything actually similar to the N64 game. They don't have the rights to the levels Rare designed after all. A straight remake with online would be alll old school fans need to make up for no Goldeneye on VC, but it legally can't be that. Based on the comments here it doesn't look like it really can stand with the competition as a shooter on it's own merits. So, even if it is real, there's no point in caring. It's not a way to get the old game you loved, and it's looking like it won't be a great new game to own either. Just a cheap and crappy cash-in, hoping to fool some saps blinded by nostalgia.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.