Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,080

romulux

nice sweeping shot of the dam: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1v_1_hhWp84/TG7ezoyWaDI/AAAAAAAADfY...

also, i didn't notice it at first but this looks like the last room of facility:

Untitled

i had a hard time finding anything in the new facility that resembled the original level, but that staircase and remote mines on the tanks are a dead giveaway.

Untitled

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Oregano

That dam shot is from Goldeneyegame.com which has a funky search game on it which lets you have a proper look at the characters.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Oregano

Sorry for the double post but there's a new multiplayer video with some sweet new footage and info.
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/exclusive-goldeneye-multiplay...

I'm still not sure whether the mods/modes are available in online, it wasn't clear.... but it does seem it will have good matchmaking at least.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Tasuki

irken004 wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Yeah the Clasic Controller give me a bad felling, because I like to point with the wii remote, and they are like saying that the clasic controller is the best option.

Well since the CC Pro edition will cost more, that means they may profit more from selling those. That and they may be trying to "convert" 360/PS3 gamers into buying Goldeneye.

I agree with that. If they are wanting to get the 360/PS3 shooters fanboys to even look at GoldenEye they needed that CC option otherwise alot of them will pass it up if it was just the Wii remote control scheme. And I am sure that alot of 360/PS3 shooter fanboys, if they are old enough grew up with GoldenEye 64. Besides I dont know about the rest of you but I like when the Wii games have a variety of controller types than just the Wii remote, like Mario Kart Wii for example that way eveyone can be happy using what controller they feel comfortable with.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

hulklol123456789

@Tasuki, yes your right, I also like games in the ones people can choose wich control they want to use, but without that with one controll is easier than with the other control.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

romulux

it's definitely nice having all the different control options, although for anything that involves shooting i've never once preferred anything but the remote. it'll be interesting to see how different players match up with different controllers... my nephew demolishes me in call of duty with dual analog, but i have a feeling his a** is in for an impending handing, to him, by me. the wiimote is my turf.

2-D

@romulux I'm in a similar position - I'm now completely used to Wiimote shooting, so I get destroyed when I play COD round my friends'. On the other hand, when we play the classics like Timesplitters and Nightfire on PS2, I'm as good as I ever was.

Still, good to see we're getting the options and hopefully there won't be a noticeable difference between people who are good at IR and people who are good at CC

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

Tasuki

I seriously dont think we will see that much of a difference between what controller a person uses after all its the persons skill with that controller that makes the match.

Take me and Mario Kart Wii for example. When using the Wii remoter and Wheel I cant do s*** with it I over turn and all that stuff usually landing myself in last place or totally getting my butt kicked in the battlemodes. However give me the CC (Cause I grew up with the original Mario Kart Thank you) and I do just as good as someone else using the wheel. I can really give my son a decent challenge with the CC rather than seem like I am not even trying with the wheel. Its just like driving with an automatic transmission or a stick thats all.

I am sure though that there will be people saying that using the CC in GoldenEye is cheating or vice versa with the remote, I still here that form time to time with Mario Kart but those people are just bad players to begin with and cant except losing thats all.

My Backlog

romulux

checking up on some orders and i noticed amazon has changed the displayed box art to this:
Untitled

guess that means it's the official NA box. not as cool as the golden one where bond is walking away, but still better than the blank looking one they had listed before.

pikku

I much prefer the Wiimote scheme for my FPS's, but I can't play for too long in that position, or else I get cramps, so If I get this, I might have to resort to CC every once in a while....

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

hulklol123456789

Hmmm don't like that new boxart... who care anyways!

Tasuki

romulux wrote:

checking up on some orders and i noticed amazon has changed the displayed box art to this:
Untitled

guess that means it's the official NA box. not as cool as the golden one where bond is walking away, but still better than the blank looking one they had listed before.

I dont know I might be the only one but I liked the bland looking box the best.

My Backlog

hulklol123456789

My last question is: Got goldeneye a deep history? Because I like games with deep history, specialy first person shooters, because you feel you are there for a reason, and your going through the history, not just because you are there killing people because you find it fun, so go goldeneye a deep history?

SkullMan

I'm really on the fence about this one. It seems that it might not live up the hype. I mean me and my buddies played goldeneye about a year ago and could hardly play it anymore, the dual analogs are sorely missed. The controls or visuals haven't aged well.

But the memories I have are awesome. I fear this may just take a dump on everything I remember. Plus online multiplayer on the wii isn't the same without voice chat.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

lockelocke

The game is pure fan service. If you loved the original, and would like to experience it with modern FPS controls, fair bet you'll like it.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

xAlias

This looks awesome for multiplayer.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

romulux

SkullMan wrote:

I mean me and my buddies played goldeneye about a year ago and could hardly play it anymore, the dual analogs are sorely missed. The controls or visuals haven't aged well.

Plus online multiplayer on the wii isn't the same without voice chat.

you're right, it's just not the same without the word "fa**ot" to brighten things up.

you shouldn't have to worry about goldeneye feeling aged, since little of the old game is surviving the update. the controls are fully modern, the graphics obviously aren't going to look the same, and the single and multiplayer gameplay has been fleshed out to current standards. it's nothing like the cosmetic perfect dark update on xbla, which faithfully left the dated elements intact.

hulklol123456789 wrote:

My last question is: Got goldeneye a deep history?

i don't exactly know what you mean, but goldeneye does have a pretty good story and the game is being made by eurocom, who made one of the most convincingly cinematic games i've ever seen- dead space extraction. i'm embarrassed to say i didn't play it, but after checking out some gameplay on youtube i was so hooked that i watched it all the way through to the end. it was good enough that i had fun just watching it.

if the previews are anything to go by they're also doing a great job on the story in bond. i'm sure that you'll have a good sense of being on a mission, rather than just wandering around killing people without knowing why.

SkullMan

lockelocke wrote:

The game is pure fan service. If you loved the original, and would like to experience it with modern FPS controls, fair bet you'll like it.

Well yes obviously, but as a fan of the original game, of Bond in general...I wish they would have kept Brosnan as Bond. It's Goldeneye only in name now. I mean The Twin Snakes for gamecube was suppose to be a fan service but in the end it was a half baked slap in the face of the original MGS.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

TheBaconator

romulux wrote:

nice sweeping shot of the dam: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1v_1_hhWp84/TG7ezoyWaDI/AAAAAAAADfY...

also, i didn't notice it at first but this looks like the last room of facility:

Untitled

i had a hard time finding anything in the new facility that resembled the original level, but that staircase and remote mines on the tanks are a dead giveaway.

Untitled

To describe those screens I shall quote one of my favorite games River City Ransom..."Barf!"

Edit: Good Lord! I couldn't even tell that that bottom one was from the 64 game...That is not good...

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

romulux

if you're one of those "it looks just like the n64" guys, i think you took a wrong turn on your way to the PS360 forum...
say what you will, but the original goldeneye never had great graphics. they've aged poorly but even at the time i don't remember being too impressed with them. a lot of the shots of this game, on the other hand, are looking really good. the dam level in particular looks way better than the original to me, not just technically but with atmosphere and style.

this video is played with remotes, but once again it's hard to tell if the controls or the players suck. cursor aiming seems very precise but the dead zone looks really big, and vertical turning doesn't seem to be too quick.
[youtube:KLRpVcZH0O0]
watching this i realized how complicated control customization would be with the changing size of the screen as different numbers of people are playing. i have a bad feeling there may only be the most basic customization for split screen players, if any at all...

Edited on by romulux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.