Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,080

romulux

this impression is kind of funny to me since the guy seems so overtly british: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-15-goldeneye-007-ha...
but this makes me want to punch him in the face: "we're given a so-called classic controller, which of course willfully has the a and b and x and y buttons the wrong way round."

you're the wrong way around.

noob.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Nintendo-64

It seems that the game is optimized for the Classic Controller. But if there is no option to play in a Wii remote only mode the game will not be bought. Because the Classic Controller is in the advantage thanks to heavy auto aim and so on.

Nintendo-64

romulux

i think even with auto aim the wiimote is faster. let the controller users get a handicap, i am invincible!
Untitled

Oregano

Ka Blam! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gaQApaJJw

EDIT: Damnit video seems to have been switched to private. It's on Kotaku and Gonintendo though.

Edited on by Oregano

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Kid_A

I know there's a term for this but I'm blanking on it...but you know how in the original Goldeneye how when you would shoot someone in the hand they would grab their hand in pain? Or how if you shot them in the butt they would hop around like idiots? Is this game going to be that accurate or are there just a few generic death animations? If so that would seem like a slight step backwards.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Ravage

I know what you mean, like hit detection for different limbs. My favourite was always shooting them in the groin XD. I really hope those animations stay.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Kid_A

I'm really wondering if they will. The original was pretty violent for a rated T game--even by today's standards. But if they take out the blood stains I think they can get away with it (although I always thought the blood stains were awesome. Much more realistic than bloody mini-explosions spewing from your body every time you get clipped)

retired_account

Yeah the hit detection on the enemies was easily my favorite part of the original. GameSpot says the AI enemies still have their theatrical rolls and dives, which is awesome. XD

Also, is anyone else excited that we can finally have some Wii Remote vs. Dual Analog fights? I'm just hoping that the IR controls are smooth. Please don't botch those up, Activision!

retired_account

Oregano

pixelman wrote:

Also, is anyone else excited that we can finally have some Wii Remote vs. Dual Analog fights? I'm just hoping that the IR controls are smooth. Please don't botch those up, Activision!

Already happened with Water Warfare but the controls aren't great anyway... but dual analogs are really not recommended on that game.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

hulklol123456789

Well, I have never been a big fan of FPS, my first real FPS experience was probably halo: combat evolved for the Computers, not bad at all, the multiplayer was fun but nah, it was not really an amazing game, but it was not bad.
My second experience was probably COD word at war for the DS, still not a bad game, the multiplayer was OK, but not good, and the game was also not really good, I really don't like war-based FPS, specially because they put some countrys like "good countrys"and the others like the "bad guys", you know and I hate that, why should I be a dude from the USA killing chineese or rusian people, that just have no sin, so I don't like that concept.
Then some friends show me Counter Strike, and when I play CS for the first time I start hating FPS (horrible game)
But now a friend of mine give me F.E.A.R 2 for the computer, what a bloody game, but what a awesome FPS experience, the best I have ever had, good weapons, very precise, yeah a little extreme on the bloody part, but what an awesome FPS!

And well we come to the point, I have now interest in these game, looks cool, it is Teen so my parents will let me buy it (they don't know anything about fear), and the last multiplayer trailers look very great, im definitive gonna pick the Wii one, because I have a bad experience with the DS FPS and because I have never had a FPS game for the Wii (don't count metroid prime series, they are more first prson adventure, not real FPS), so yes , Im a little bit interesed in these one, so if it get a good review I probably pick it up.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

ReddLionz

Yeah, Dual Analogue kinda fails on Water Warfare. Ideally, I would get this game with the Goldeneye CC Pro, but not sure if I'm gonna be able to scrape up the cash. Does anyone know if the Goldeneye Classic Controller is just a preorder thing or is it gonna be around for a while?

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

irken004

ReddLionz wrote:

Yeah, Dual Analogue kinda fails on Water Warfare. Ideally, I would get this game with the Goldeneye CC Pro, but not sure if I'm gonna be able to scrape up the cash. Does anyone know if the Goldeneye Classic Controller is just a preorder thing or is it gonna be around for a while?

It should be around for awhile, it's a bundle, similarly to the CC Pro/Monster Hunter 3 bundle

Oregano

ReddLionz wrote:

I think it will be readily available in shops but you can only get it with Goldeneye.

lockelocke

@Pixelman
At E3 they were showing the game with the Classic Controller ONLY. So maybe the Wii Remote controls just weren't quite perfect enough to show yet, but I have a feeling the Classic Controller will be the best option. Especially since they're bundling it with the game.

Edited on by lockelocke

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

hulklol123456789

Yeah the Clasic Controller give me a bad felling, because I like to point with the wii remote, and they are like saying that the clasic controller is the best option.

irken004

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Yeah the Clasic Controller give me a bad felling, because I like to point with the wii remote, and they are like saying that the clasic controller is the best option.

Well since the CC Pro edition will cost more, that means they may profit more from selling those. That and they may be trying to "convert" 360/PS3 gamers into buying Goldeneye.

hulklol123456789

I got another like question, I have seen a videos in the one it shows James Bond or Goldeneye or 007 characters that seems to be very famous ones, ok my question is, I have never seen any James Bond movies or have never played any of the other games, so are those characters so important, will I be lost a little bit in the history when they show those characters, and the history and that I will be like "lost"?

romulux

the reason they're showing off the CC pro so much is to make the game appeal to hardcore shooter fans who hate the wiimote. it may sound completely perplexing to a remote fan, but a lot of HD fanboys hate the wiimote with a passion and think it sucks for FPS. how much of that is based on their actual preferences and how much on their system loyalties is your guess, but either way this is one of the few wii games that will appeal to that crowd and they're trying to make it clear that they can play using the same generic controller as the other systems.

the staff itself said they were split 50/50 whether the wiimote or controller was best, so there are just as many people using the remote among them as a controller, which you'd hope would mean the remote scheme will get just as much attention.

lockelocke

@romulux
good to know. I'll definitely give the Wii Remote a go when I buy the game, but after playing at E3, my mind it pretty much made up. The Classic Controller feels great, and it definitely speaks to fans of COD and other FPSs, like yours truly. That was actually what made me love the game so much, it felt like they just threw all the new innovations to the FPS genre into Goldeneye. Iron sight aiming, mapping a grenade to a button, etc. I CAN'T WAIT.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Kid_A

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I got another like question, I have seen a videos in the one it shows James Bond or Goldeneye or 007 characters that seems to be very famous ones, ok my question is, I have never seen any James Bond movies or have never played any of the other games, so are those characters so important, will I be lost a little bit in the history when they show those characters, and the history and that I will be like "lost"?

Nah. I had not seen Goldeneye yet when I first played the N64 game and I still had a blast. All those characters are basically just fan service (which I appreciate) but the core game was fun enough that it really didn't matter. Now, whether or not this new game can replicate that kind of accessibility is what we're all waiting to hear.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.