Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,080

Oregano

@Adam: I think that's just part of the splitscreen fun and the hat doesn't look very accurate. Plus they mentioned that Oddjob and Jaws may not be available online because of the need for balance.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Adam

I don't care about online mode, myself. They specifically said he was balanced by not having grenades. I got the impression the Odd Job player was just a bad aim because he at first seemed hesitant to shoot unless right behind someone, but I didn't watch everything. I never found Odd Job to be fun before he spawned with a one-shot kill weapon.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Oregano

Well yeh, they do look pretty bad, but it looks just like the throwing knife in Modern Warfare 2 without the ability to retrieve the knife which makes one kit kills rare unless you do get close enough that you might as well bludgeon them. Keep in mind that a grenade could get all three of your opponents in the blast and kill them all.

Oddjob is more unbalanced due to his size I'd imagine, it's funny that he's the hardest one to score a hat kill on.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Deviant_Mugen

@The+Fox: I remember reading somewhere that Bond's stock weapon in this game was no longer going to be the PPK, but a more modern P2K (at least, I think that's what it was called)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

The_Fox

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@The+Fox: I remember reading somewhere that Bond's stock weapon in this game was no longer going to be the PPK, but a more modern P2K (at least, I think that's what it was called)...

Hmmm...Might be the Walther P22 then.

As a side note, I always found it a little odd that James Bond used a gun from what had been one of the most prolific gun manufacturers of Nazi Germany. Keeping in mind of course that the books were written in the '50s when WWII was still fresh in public memory.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

romulux

i actually looked and it's a p99; the rear view is a match:
Untitled

god, that makes me remember looking up the guns in the original goldeneye to find out what they were. am i the only one?

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

The_Fox

romulux wrote:

i actually looked and it's a p99; the rear view is a match:
Untitled

god, that makes me remember looking up the guns in the original goldeneye to find out what they were. am i the only one?

Now that I compare pictures, it probably is the P99. They all share a number of characteristics, so it's hard to tell from the screenshot. And don't worry; as a gun fan I've probably done weirder things than what you've described.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Chrono_Cross

I'm more looking forward to Goldeneye for the single player/offline multiplayer and Conduit 2 for the online. And CoD Black-Ops is just an... option I guess.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

erv

I still don't know what to think of this. Instant hit potential (nice, online multiplayer fun) combined with regular flop potential (not accurately living up to expectations, not nearly critical enough about gameplay balance?) makes me feel awkward every time I try to like up to this game...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

romulux

looks pretty cool. i have a feeling that for any other game it would seem ugly, but for goldeneye it makes perfect sense.

bryguy1919

I am definitely getting that golden controller!!!

PSN: brrgpfife

retired_account

Damn, 70 bucks is pretty steep. Awful tempting though, and I don't have a pro yet which makes it all the more so.

retired_account

romulux

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(P90 is back)

JGMR

Nice screens, thanks

With kind regards,

JGMR

romulux

if this has good wiimote controls, conduit 2 can suck it.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

is that frost on the gun? they're putting some real effort into the detail.
Untitled

Tasuki

Very nice screen shots, it makes me want this game even more. I hope the control scheme is like Resident Evil 4 Wii edition. That would just be the best.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

mecoy

yes but when conduit 2 is amazing goldeneye can suck it!

mecoy

JGMR

Indeed, nice screens. The jungle level looks great wonder what Xenia Onatopp will be like in this edition...

Don't know if this info was already known among the people here; ALL original multiplayer levels are included (+ new ones)...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.