Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,080

madgear

I think Nintendo must own some sort of rights to Goldeneye. I also find it interesting that "Goldeneye 007" is listed as a Nintendo title in the Nintendo History on Smash Bros Brawl - I'm not sure if that's a list of titles Nintendo have published, developed or both but it's definately more to Nintendo than a game created by Rare on the Bond licence.

madgear

Tasuki

I dont think Nintendo ever owned Rare, I know that back in the beginning of the N64 era Nintendo had a major deal with Rare for them to make games for Nintendo systems only. Thats where the DKC games came from as well as Killer Instinct and GoldenEye.

Killer Instinct and GoldenEye were N64 exclusives made by Rare for Nintendo since neither of the games used Nintendo's own characters everything for those games is Rare property, of course the James Bond stuff was licensed to Rare at the time of GoldenEye's (movie) release from the company who owns the James Bond rights.

However, I think that even though those games Killer Instinct and GoldenEye are now owned by Microsoft they are still not allowed to put them on the XBLA without consent from Nintendo since they were made origianl for Nintendo but likewise Nintendo cant put them on the VC without Microsoft's consent. To makes matters worst with GoldenEye N64 they would have to have Activison/Blizzards consent for that game since they now have the rights to James BOnd video games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JohnWalrus

My friend is a HUGE Golden-Eye fan, and he dumped his Wii in favor of a 360, so now, I'm laughing in his face!

I've never played the original, so I may not get much enjoyment out of it...

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

brooks83

lol, I wouldn't laugh in his face just yet, it could be a terrible remake.

brooks83

Guybrush_Threepwood

JohnWalrus wrote:

It's not a remake. It's just a totally new James Bond FPS using the same name only for markting reasons. If you wanna play the original GoldenEye007 you will have to buy a Nintendo64 and the cartridge.

My friend is a HUGE Golden-Eye fan, and he dumped his Wii in favor of a 360, so now, I'm laughing in his face!

You can stop laughing! There was also a new James Bond game announced for Xbox360. So Wii and Xbox360 get both new videogames starring James Bond. But unfortunately nobody gets a real remake of GoldenEye.

PS: Buying a Xbox360 was definitely a good choice for your friend (especially when he likes playing FPS). I would have also kept the Wii, though.

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

Tasuki wrote:

I dont think Nintendo ever owned Rare, I know that back in the beginning of the N64 era Nintendo had a major deal with Rare for them to make games for Nintendo systems only. Thats where the DKC games came from as well as Killer Instinct and GoldenEye.

Nintendo was shareholder of Rare (49%) and sold its stake to Microsoft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_%28company%29#Microsoft_era

However, I think that even though those games Killer Instinct and GoldenEye are now owned by Microsoft they are still not allowed to put them on the XBLA without consent from Nintendo since they were made origianl for Nintendo but likewise Nintendo cant put them on the VC without Microsoft's consent. To makes matters worst with GoldenEye N64 they would have to have Activison/Blizzards consent for that game since they now have the rights to James BOnd video games.

Microsoft/Rare have already released Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark on XBLA. Why shouldn't Microsoft/Rare be allowed to release their other games on XBLA like Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps. The only exception is GoldenEye007 because of the James Bond licensing issues.

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

Adam

The 360 has the Perfect Dark remake, which includes multiplayer maps from the original Goldeneye. Your friend made the right choice if his ultimate aim was to own a console with a game as close as possible to the original Goldeneye.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

JohnWalrus

Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:

JohnWalrus wrote:

It's not a remake. It's just a totally new James Bond FPS using the same name only for markting reasons. If you wanna play the original GoldenEye007 you will have to buy a Nintendo64 and the cartridge.
Really? That sucks...

You can stop laughing! There was also a new James Bond game announced for Xbox360. So Wii and Xbox360 get both new videogames starring James Bond. But unfortunately nobody gets a real remake of GoldenEye.

PS: Buying a Xbox360 was definitely a good choice for your friend (especially when he likes playing FPS). I would have kept the Wii, though.

Yeah, I have a 360, too. It doesn't do much for me, though, because I'm liking retro more nowadays, and it's not reliable...

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

Oregano

Single player footage and wowza.... now I am hyped. It may have been a bit cutscene heavy but the gameplay looks slick and there's fantastic atmosphere. The technical side of the graphics also look good as well, whilst it doesn't seem to have the highs of Metroid Prime or even The Conduit it looks very consistently good, which puts it above TCon.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Aviator

I liked the Breaching part.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

I'm not going to lie but this game looks better than Conduit 2 and Black-ops. This is going to be a hit!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Adam

Now that looks pretty good, at least the stealth part in the beginning. I'd guessed the single-player would be more interesting the an the multi-player, which doesn't look so hot so far.

Come on, friends,

Oregano

I haven't seen too much of the multiplayer but from what I've seen it's fairly plain looking. I think I might go with Conduit 2 for multi and Goldeneye for single.... if I have enough money, that is!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Adam

Blood Stone is not based on any movie, upcoming or past.

Come on, friends,

Oregano

Yer Blood Stone is it's own thing but it seems like it might be based on a script that would have been used to make a new movie if MGM weren't in financial trouble.

I think both games have been given much more generous schedules than QoS but they still have a deadline. Both seem to be coming along nicely though.

romulux

Oregano wrote:

I think I might go with Conduit 2 for multi and Goldeneye for single.... if I have enough money, that is!

i'm also torn between the two. i really want 4 player split screen but i'm not getting both... if the quality of the past games is anything to go on, it's goldeneye--1, conduit--0. plus, look at how cool the pistol is (i don't think it's a ppk anymore)
Untitled

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

LzWinky

What the crap is with the title? Geez, I've seen more mood swings here than...nevermind

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Fox

romulux wrote:

plus, look at how cool the pistol is (i don't think it's a ppk anymore)
Untitled

It looks like it still is. Here is a real life version, without a silencer:

Untitled

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Adam

Those videos don't look bad, though Odd Job is worrisome. Not only is he still going to be hard to hit, but they gave him a hat throw that's a one-shot kill in place of grenades? And they call that balanced? I can see him being house rule banned here, if I get this at all.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.