Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 641 to 660 of 776

OorWullie

I really hope Animal Crossing is not one of the big reveals.We're likely only going to get 3 or 4 major surprises so if Animal Crossing is one of them,I'll be disappointed to say the least.I played a lot of City Folk and I can definitely see it's appeal but it's not for me and I don't think it's what the Wii U needs.It's play style is much better suited to handheld and dare I say it,mobile.In fact I'd say it's more likely that's where we'll be seeing AC appear next,it certainly fits in as the type of game Iwata was talking about the other day and I'm sure it will do very well on mobile too.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

LzWinky

Well it already has Splatoon coming.

What I mean is why bother with a main Wii U Pokemon when a handheld will make a lot more money anyway? I suppose Pokken Fighters would be good for the Wii U, but the main Pokemon should stay where it is a runaway success.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

LztheQuack wrote:

What I mean is why bother with a main Wii U Pokemon when a handheld will make a lot more money anyway? I suppose Pokken Fighters would be good for the Wii U, but the main Pokemon should stay where it is a runaway success.

Well the Pokémon audience has about halved since it's GB debut which still makes it a sales juggernaut but it does show it could be doing more. Perhaps a switch to home console could revive a lot of the lukewarmers interest, especially given the West which is the bigger audience (I believe only B/W has sold more in Japan than the US) are more geared towards home consoles whilst also expanding the Wii U's audience, this being a stepping stone towards the next console.

I'm not a "why isn't a Poke-game on the home console" type btw, I just don't believe the mentality of it's sold well so why change is in keeping with Ninty when they are at their very best.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

OneBagTravel

I've been waiting for Nintendo to release a game like Fat Princess for ages. The game seems right out their alley. The studio that made the game has been dissolved but that doesn't mean they could just clone the style of gameplay for something else.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Offspring

The biggest reason mainline Pokemon games should stay on handhelds is local play; local play is impossible on a console if you want to use your own team. Gamefreak should make a console spinoff that appeals to those that have "outgrown" the mainline games but I think we all know Gamefreak well enough to realize that won't happen.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

jump

OlicityBlows wrote:

The biggest reason mainline Pokemon games should stay on handhelds is local play; local play is impossible on a console if you want to use your own team. Gamefreak should make a console spinoff that appeals to those that have "outgrown" the mainline games but I think we all know Gamefreak well enough to realize that won't happen.

Does local play even happen that much anymore? Online seems to far outweigh local nowadays.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Offspring

arronishere wrote:

OlicityBlows wrote:

Does local play even happen that much anymore? Online seems to far outweigh local nowadays.

It happens no less than any other game that includes it. Online is way more important now but they can't just axe local play. Plus it would hurt the competitive scene if they made people lug a home console around.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Blast

arronishere wrote:

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I would like to see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine 2. I miss single player 3D world Mario games with story like that. Perhaps a Pokemon game on Wii U just like a DS version but with extra features and better graphics, maybe even open world multiplayer.

Mario platformers have a story?

Uhhh... Sunshine had a story... Mario and his friends was trying to have a nice vacation until he got framed for a crime he didn't commit. And then the person who framed him thought that Peach was his..... Hahahaha. I'll stop here.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

OlicityBlows wrote:

Except nowadays there are plenty of ways for a player to have access to their team even when they are not on their console. Remember, Wii Remotes can store data, and cloud storage is always an option as well.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

When talking about a Pokemon game on Home Console, I think one important aspect is that they don't stop the handheld series. Maybe just have the 3rd version be home console exclusive and focus on the unique aspects of the Home Console, while allowing connectivity to the Portable series.

Imagine Pokemon Z is released for Wii U but can still connect to the Pokemon Bank and X/Y/OR/AS. You can still trade and battle online as well. The added benefit the Wii U can offer is a constant internet connection, so lets focus on that. What if your friend (who is also playing Pokemon Z could share your Pokemon World? You are still able to catch all the legendaries without him stealing them, but you can hunt for Pokemon together and travel through the land challenging trainers to Double Battles. This would allow for friends to go on a Pokemon Adventure together, something that hasn't been possible before. Also imagine if multiple friends could share the same world. Throw in some MMO type events and you have a solid and unique experience, imagine your friend is on route 19 and a swarm of a certain Pokemon rolls in, he could send a message to his friends who could join his game and all try to catch that Pokemon. Now take that same idea and apply it to a bug catching contest or fishing contest. Anyone without a Online Connection gets to play the game normally but that always online benefit that Wii U could offer opens up the types of experiences we can have in out games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Well the Pokémon audience has about halved since it's GB debut which still makes it a sales juggernaut but it does show it could be doing more. Perhaps a switch to home console could revive a lot of the lukewarmers interest, especially given the West which is the bigger audience (I believe only B/W has sold more in Japan than the US) are more geared towards home consoles whilst also expanding the Wii U's audience, this being a stepping stone towards the next console.

I'm not a "why isn't a Poke-game on the home console" type btw, I just don't believe the mentality of it's sold well so why change is in keeping with Ninty when they are at their very best.

Umm... no it hasn't. Red and Blue sold 23 million, sure, but Gold and Silver sold 14 million. Ruby and Sapphire sold 16 million, Diamond and Pearl sold 17.5 million, Black and White sold 15.5 million, and now X and Y has currently sold 14 million. The audience hasn't halved. Red and Blue was the only one with over 20 million in total sales. And if you take into account the install base, Gold and Silver and X and Y did better overall (if you take into account GS is GBC and that many people would've given it a pass, thinking it wouldn't work on regular Gameboy when it actually did). The audience is still there and hasn't gone anywhere, so no, that argument doesn't work.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

arronishere wrote:

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I would like to see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine 2. I miss single player 3D world Mario games with story like that. Perhaps a Pokemon game on Wii U just like a DS version but with extra features and better graphics, maybe even open world multiplayer.

Mario platformers have a story?

Uhhh... Sunshine had a story... Mario and his friends was trying to have a nice vacation until he got framed for a crime he didn't commit. And then the person who framed him thought that Peach was his..... Hahahaha. I'll stop here.

We speak not of this.

Zanark

Not necessarily a wishlist but they may or may not be games that will be coming.
1. Donkey Kong 3D land-3ds. The 3DS just needs another solid 3D platformer.
2. Another Pokemon spin-off-3ds. Probably Pinball/TCG/Ranger. Not expecting another main pokemon game, not even a third pillar/"sequel" one.
3. A new F-zero game- 3ds/wii u. My gut feeling says so. Not a reliable source at all though.
4. Two gamecube games remastered. Based on the E3 video. Reggie was lifting two gamecubes. Clearly this means two remastered gamecube classics are hitting the Wii U(or 3ds). My money is on Fire emblem:Path of Radiance and Super Mario Sunshine.
5. An toys-to-life game where you beat down hordes of iconic Nintendo enemies in a 3D environment. Simply scan in your favorite amiibo and fight away.

Edited on by Zanark

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Fandabidozi

OorWullie wrote:

I really hope Animal Crossing is not one of the big reveals.We're likely only going to get 3 or 4 major surprises so if Animal Crossing is one of them,I'll be disappointed to say the least.I played a lot of City Folk and I can definitely see it's appeal but it's not for me and I don't think it's what the Wii U needs.It's play style is much better suited to handheld and dare I say it,mobile.In fact I'd say it's more likely that's where we'll be seeing AC appear next,it certainly fits in as the type of game Iwata was talking about the other day and I'm sure it will do very well on mobile too.

Animal Crossing WiiU has been heavily rumoured, and I can't wait. I'd love it if you could transfer or copy your mayor to the WiiU town or use the AC cards to move that villager in.
There's been a new Pokemon game/s in the main series every year for a while now. I think a game starring Looker is likely.
And I'd love a new Wave Race, and surely Star Fox must be coming along soon.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

-Juice-

All I want is a surprise "localization for Xenoblade Chronicles X is finished and will be released in the summer/fall!"

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

Imagine Pokemon Z is released for Wii U but can still connect to the Pokemon Bank and X/Y/OR/AS. You can still trade and battle online as well. The added benefit the Wii U can offer is a constant internet connection, so lets focus on that. What if your friend (who is also playing Pokemon Z could share your Pokemon World? You are still able to catch all the legendaries without him stealing them, but you can hunt for Pokemon together and travel through the land challenging trainers to Double Battles. This would allow for friends to go on a Pokemon Adventure together, something that hasn't been possible before. Also imagine if multiple friends could share the same world. Throw in some MMO type events and you have a solid and unique experience, imagine your friend is on route 19 and a swarm of a certain Pokemon rolls in, he could send a message to his friends who could join his game and all try to catch that Pokemon. Now take that same idea and apply it to a bug catching contest or fishing contest. Anyone without a Online Connection gets to play the game normally but that always online benefit that Wii U could offer opens up the types of experiences we can have in out games.

Yeah, this is something that the current Pokemon games don't really offer that would greatly improve the experience. Although I think it would be best to wait until using handhelds as controllers becomes a thing (probably next gen), because then that idea could work for local as well. Your friend can bring his handheld game over your house with all of his Pokemon and save data on it and enter your game world that way. I really hope we see a Pokemon game like this, it would be a lot of fun.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

bluemage1989

Maybe it's just me in fact it probably is just me but I just like playing Pokemon on handhelds its just the way it has always been and it feels right to me. However all of these ideas you guys are saying sound great so why can't Nintendo incorporate these ideas and more into a new light RPG IP?? Keep putting out things like Xenobladeof course but mmaybe there is a place in Nintendo's IP lineup for a light social RPG that incorporates what makes the Pokemon games so addictive while being released from some of its old traditions. I know the Pokemon name would sell a lot of copies but maybe Nintendo need to be looking at trying to make the next big thing while still showing support to Pokemon.

bluemage1989

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

arronishere wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

Umm... no it hasn't. Red and Blue sold 23 million, sure, but Gold and Silver sold 14 million. Ruby and Sapphire sold 16 million, Diamond and Pearl sold 17.5 million, Black and White sold 15.5 million, and now X and Y has currently sold 14 million. The audience hasn't halved. Red and Blue was the only one with over 20 million in total sales. And if you take into account the install base, Gold and Silver and X and Y did better overall (if you take into account GS is GBC and that many people would've given it a pass, thinking it wouldn't work on regular Gameboy when it actually did). The audience is still there and hasn't gone anywhere, so no, that argument doesn't work.

According to Ninty themselves Pokemon R/B sold 31m copies, GS sold 23m and B/W sold 15m. I left out XY as there's more copies to be sold still but it's still less than BW so in terms of userbases the DS entries are worse than GB's.... http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=963700 http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/

The only way that'd make sense is if they're including the third entry titles with it, which, lemme go look that up, too.

R/B/Y - 32 million
G/S/C - 18 million
R/S/E - 22.5 million
D/P/Pl - 24.5 million
B/W/B2/W2 - 23 million
X/Y/?? - 14 million

Yes, X and Y is the lowest, but they still haven't had a third entry or sequels, yet, so that's an unfair argument, and besides, aside from X and Y and second runs on the same system, it never dips below 20 million. Face it, Red and Blue did insanely well. Saying that there's "half the audience" means just as little now as it did back in the days of Ruby and Sapphire.

Bolt_Strike

bluemage1989 wrote:

Maybe it's just me in fact it probably is just me but I just like playing Pokemon on handhelds its just the way it has always been and it feels right to me. However all of these ideas you guys are saying sound great so why can't Nintendo incorporate these ideas and more into a new light RPG IP?? Keep putting out things like Xenobladeof course but mmaybe there is a place in Nintendo's IP lineup for a light social RPG that incorporates what makes the Pokemon games so addictive while being released from some of its old traditions. I know the Pokemon name would sell a lot of copies but maybe Nintendo need to be looking at trying to make the next big thing while still showing support to Pokemon.

Why? Why do we need two similar playing IPs? It'd be redundant and possibly end up cannibalizing sales.

I see no reason why Pokemon can't do this. Game Freak themselves said they'd be open to making console games if they had a portable element to them. This would be a great way to draw from the strengths of consoles while still providing a sense of portability to the gameplay.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

bluemage1989 wrote:

Why? Why do we need two similar playing IPs? It'd be redundant and possibly end up cannibalizing sales.

I see no reason why Pokemon can't do this. Game Freak themselves said they'd be open to making console games if they had a portable element to them. This would be a great way to draw from the strengths of consoles while still providing a sense of portability to the gameplay.

Because main series Pokemon is and has always been tailor made as a portable experience. Why does it need to be moved to consoles, in the first place? Why can't people just accept that it's a handheld title and move on.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.