Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 661 to 680 of 776

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Because main series Pokemon is and has always been tailor made as a portable experience. Why does it need to be moved to consoles, in the first place? Why can't people just accept that it's a handheld title and move on.

Again, nothing about the formula really mandates that it be a portable series. It's an arbitrary decision by the developers. You don't need to go out on the go to trade or battle, you can do those things online. The only thing you really miss is Streetpass, and that's not really a huge deal.

And the idea that I was discussing doesn't work as well without a console. It's much easier to coordinate in a co-op mode with a shared screen. And because the system works by connecting your handheld to the game it doesn't lose its portability, so again, it still fits the portable experience they're going for.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

sadegh93

Metroid and Metroid (one for wii u and other for 3ds)
F-Zero

Nintendo Switch Lite Review (2023):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMSdHb511zc

Twitter:

gcunit

I think F-Zero should wait until the NX releases. MK8 is just too dominant, and I don't think they'd have put the F-Zero tracks in MK8 if they intended to do a separate F-Zero for the Wii U.

I'd like to see:

1. A sports title, preferably an expanded Mario Strikers where you have three option of 11-a-side games with a greater choice of characters to play in your team, with differentiated skills.

2. Animal Crossing U - I'm not even sure I'd get it, but I'd like to see what they can do with it.

3. A kick-ass new Metroid that sets a new standard in the genre. Wiimote controls catered for, as well as gamepad.

4. A Sports Resort HD update for the Sports Club.

5. A Gamecube remaster I'd not even thought about.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

UGXwolf

@aaronishere Because I don't particularly trust neogaf as a source. And even if you do consider that the most official source that you can find, you're still dodging the actual point I was making that the number hasn't really gone down that much in the last three generations.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

gcunit

Fascinating stuff, but this Pokemon sniping is somewhat blocking the tracks of the E3 hype train. Kindly take it elsewhere so we can continue blindly speculating please.

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@aaronishere Because I don't particularly trust neogaf as a source. And even if you do consider that the most official source that you can find, you're still dodging the actual point I was making that the number hasn't really gone down that much in the last three generations.

Spell my name right please.

I included two links, one Ninty themselves and the other where it's all nicely dispayed out, where as you've made numbers up. You say I'm dodging points but I'm still waitng for you to explain how I'm wrong about between the GB and now the sales have halfed, you've made up numbers, trying including BW2 despite being seperate games and I expect more spin but even after all that it's still half than what it use to be which is a fact.

I'm not making up numbers, though, I'm pulling them from Wikipedia. That's not actually important because the exact numbers aren't the point. The point is that the audience mever left. Red and Blue was the only set to have over 30 million, and if that wasn't enough reason back then, why should it be enough reason, now? All I'm saying is why change something that works into something that may not (almost certainly won't) work as well? Because the lesser party want to see it on a console? Why? What do you benefit from putting it on a console? Do you think Game Freak's gonna put more content in because it's on a console? and you guys do realize that not everyone has a stable Internet connection, right? You'd be even further hurting the potential install base by removing local functionality. Beyond that, Poke'mon is designed to be a very personalized game. The kind of game you get pissed off when your kid brother decides to pick it up without telling you.

Quite some time ago, developers made a comment about suggestions like these. They laugh at them. Game Freak isn't suffering from narrow-minded design philosophies, they know something you don't. Actually, they know a lot of things you don't. They're not going to do a console Poke'mon, and they're most certainly not doing a massive title that lets you go to all the regions and fight all the gym leaders and there are very good reasons fir this that we quite frankly don't need to know.

gcunit

Ok, I've asked nicely. Now f*** **f out of this thread with your boring ****!

jump

UGXwolf wrote:

That's not actually important because the exact numbers aren't the point. The point is that the audience mever left.

You're only saying numbers are only unimportant now that you realise the correct numbers show sales which are based on it's audience buying the game has indeed halved. You're wrong, accept it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zanark

A new mario and luigi game. One can never have too much of those.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

That's not actually important because the exact numbers aren't the point. The point is that the audience mever left.

You're only saying numbers are only unimportant now that you realise the correct numbers show sales which are based on it's audience buying the game has indeed halved. You're wrong, accept it.

I never said the numbers were important. I posted the numbers to prove a point. Now whether or not you use your numbers or my numbers, that argument still stands. You can keep trying to insist on the precise numbers, but the fact of the matter is that the numbers were there pretty much exclusively for Red and Blue and haven't ever come back. Moving to console will not fix that.

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I never said the numbers were important. I posted the numbers to prove a point. Now whether or not you use your numbers or my numbers, that argument still stands. You can keep trying to insist on the precise numbers, but the fact of the matter is that the numbers were there pretty much exclusively for Red and Blue and haven't ever come back. Moving to console will not fix that.

Sales have halved, you're wrong, accept it.

Man, you're dense. Can you read English? My original comment did say they hadn't, and since Red and Blue, sure they have, but since literally any other set or game in the series, no, they haven't. Not even close to it. My point was that Red and Blue was a one-time occurrence. Bringing the games to a console won't fix that, in fact, looking at the Wii U's install base, it'll make it worse, not better. Even if you assume the Wii U's units would massively increase, at most, you're looking at 10 million compared to the easily 15 million to be made with any handheld version set. So, no, I'm not wrong. You're just looking to secure your single sentence while missing the entire point of the data I brought up in the first place. The original Red and Blue audience is long gone. Maybe you've heard of them, they're called genwunners. They're not coming back because they quite literally despise every generation that isn't the original 150.

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Because main series Pokemon is and has always been tailor made as a portable experience. Why does it need to be moved to consoles, in the first place? Why can't people just accept that it's a handheld title and move on.

Again, nothing about the formula really mandates that it be a portable series. It's an arbitrary decision by the developers. You don't need to go out on the go to trade or battle, you can do those things online. The only thing you really miss is Streetpass, and that's not really a huge deal.

And the idea that I was discussing doesn't work as well without a console. It's much easier to coordinate in a co-op mode with a shared screen. And because the system works by connecting your handheld to the game it doesn't lose its portability, so again, it still fits the portable experience they're going for.

Agreed with @Bolt_Strike

Just too much potential on console to ignore.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Agreed with @Bolt_Strike

Potential that won't be used, even if Poke'mon does go to console. Remember how long it took Poke'mon to use actual 3D models, instead of 2D sprites? They're not gonna use something just because it's around to be used. Besides that, I really don't see how moving it to a home console would improve anything, aside from the graphics.

I mean, forgive me for seeming rude about this, but as someone who only gets so much time to play a home console, I believe that you need an extremely good reason to move something to console from handheld. Taking Poke'mon off the handhelds and putting it on console would remove local multi and portability from a series that is and has always been based around local multi and portability, and gives us... slightly better models? Higher resolution? Nothing of any real value to the game in return. I'm sorry but simply looking better isn't a good enough reason to justify crippling two of the main concepts the series is based on.

Edited on by UGXwolf

GrailUK

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Pokémon came out in 1996. It was designed to be focused on trading just like swapping trading cards and playing top trumps. In 1996 of course this "mandated that it be a portable series." Now granted, a game like this could exist with todays online technology, but Pokémon was not designed with this in mind. It would certainly need to be remade from the ground up.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Agreed with @Bolt_Strike

Potential that won't be used, even if Poke'mon does go to console. Remember how long it took Poke'mon to use actual 3D models, instead of 2D sprites? They're not gonna use something just because it's around to be used. Besides that, I really don't see how moving it to a home console would improve anything, aside from the graphics.

I mean, forgive me for seeming rude about this, but as someone who only gets so much time to play a home console, I believe that you need an extremely good reason to move something to console from handheld. Taking Poke'mon off the handhelds and putting it on console would remove local multi and portability from a series that is and has always been based around local multi and portability, and gives us... slightly better models? Higher resolution? Nothing of any real value to the game in return. I'm sorry but simply looking better isn't a good enough reason to justify crippling two of the main concepts the series is based on.

I see where you're coming from. I just want a good Pokemon console game. The handheld games can still exist and they can keep coming. But I still would like to see Gamefreak try to make a good Pokemon console game. It could be huge if it was done right.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Agreed with @Bolt_Strike

Simple resolution, Pokémon Yellow HD for Wii U and Pokémon Z for 3DS.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TriforceShoe

Five things in no particular order.

1. If we aren't getting GCN on VC, I'd be more than happy with some more Wind Waker-esque HD remasters. A few I'd love to see in particular would be Super Mario Sunshine (some kind of blue coin hint system would definetly help), F-Zero GX (I'm guessing we're getting a downloadable "F-Zero NX" at the NX's launch, a remaster of GX would certainly fill in the gap) and, if we go ANOTHER year without a new Metroid, Metroid Prime (no explanation necessary, it would be really pretty).
2. Details on Smash DLC, preferably new characters. Personally, I'm hoping for Inkling and/or Banjo-Kazooie.
3. METROID. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, METROID. 2D OR 3D, I DON'T CARE, JUST GIVE US METROID.
4. A Mario 64/Sunshine style Mario platformer. As much as I adore Galaxy, I miss the sense of exploration found in the first two.
5. METROI-Oh, already mentioned that one. Uh...new Õkami maybe? Seems a perfect fit for the GamePad.

TriforceShoe

Switch Friend Code: SW-3289-2843-4401 | 3DS Friend Code: 3582-9831-7405 | Nintendo Network ID: Triforce-Shoe

Bolt_Strike

GrailUK wrote:

Now granted, a game like this could exist with todays online technology, but Pokémon was not designed with this in mind. It would certainly need to be remade from the ground up.

Remade from the ground up? Not really. It's an extra game mode in addition to the single player adventure, they don't need to rebuild anything.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Agreed with @Bolt_Strike

I see where you're coming from. I just want a good Pokemon console game. The handheld games can still exist and they can keep coming. But I still would like to see Gamefreak try to make a good Pokemon console game. It could be huge if it was done right.

You're in luck! Really good chance Pokken Tournament is coming to Wii U's across the world! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

@arronishere The two aren't mutually exclusive. You're right, but your point is irrelevant. I'm right in pointing out that the point is irrelevant because even if we use your numbers, my point still stands that nothing has really changed since the Gameboy Advanced titles in terms of general sales figures. You're also avoiding the point that moving it to consoles wouldn't help and would most likely make things worse, considering Poke'mon still sells more copies than the Wii U has in hardware sales.

UGXwolf

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Gamecube remasters would be nice to see, since Nintendo sucks with the VC in general. I can see Nintendo announcing a Twlight Princess remake for Wii U to make up for no Zelda this year at E3.

Not to burst your bubble, but that seems a tad short notice, don't you think? They can't pull these remakes out in the course of a few months. Dev may be short and cheap comparitively, but it's still gonna take SOME time.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.