Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 732

Budda

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I can even see thousands of people buying the Amiibo that won't buy the game. I think Nintendo has gone from just a gaming company to a split gaming/toy company. Its all about keeping the shareholders happy these days and that's the bottom line.

How ironic that Nintendo was a toy company before they got into the gaming industry.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

jump

My copy still hasn't been dispatched

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Peach64

My copy arrived from GameSeek (£25!) and so did my Palutena and Zero Suit Samus amiibo from the Nintendo store.

Peach64

OorWullie

Peach64 wrote:

My copy arrived from GameSeek (£25!) and so did my Palutena and Zero Suit Samus amiibo from the Nintendo store.

Nice one,enjoy

I'm buying the digital code online,hopefully they'll send me it early too.Wonder if I still qualify for the free DS game without buying it direct from the Eshop?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

DoctorOverbuild

Does physical come with a free game?

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

jump

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Does physical come with a free game?

Nope and to be honest with the money saved from the eshop price compared to how cheap it you can get from bargain hunting (mine cost £23.95 before I cancelled it for the Amiibo version) it'd cost you more money than simply buying it separately and if you get the limited pack you'll be guaranteed a Yoshi Amiibo as well.

Also it's only Yoshi Touch & Go, Ninty didn't even bother to put it in the history Yoshi vid the other day.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

norwichred

Can anyone tell me when this will be available to download from the eshop in the UK? Is it tomorrow or Friday? And roughly what time?

Thanks.

norwichred

Octane

norwichred wrote:

Can anyone tell me when this will be available to download from the eshop in the UK? Is it tomorrow or Friday? And roughly what time?

Thanks.

Friday. I'm not sure about the exact time though.

Octane

cookiex

Octane wrote:

norwichred wrote:

Thanks.

Friday. I'm not sure about the exact time though.

Retail releases usually appear around midnight CET, or 11 PM Thursday UK time.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cloudrunner64

My light blue Yoshi amiibo and game just got delivered. I have my first amiibo. Lets see what the fuss is about!
Im so happy right now. Been waiting for this game for ages.

PSN cloud_runner64

norwichred

Let us know what the game is like. My partner loves watching me play but finds them very difficult. I'm hoping the mellow mode will get her to play.

We also just ordered our first amiibo - a green yarn Yoshi. I showed her a pic on Amazon and she fell in love instantly.

norwichred

cloudrunner64

I have yoshis story and im guessing its gonna be like that and yoshis island mixed with kirbys epic yarn.
The Yoshi amiibo is really cool. If they were all like this i wouldn't have a problem buying them.

PSN cloud_runner64

norwichred

I've never played a Yoshi game before, despite my many many years of Nintendo gaming back to the NES. Shocking I know! I'll get her to try it tomorrow evening.

norwichred

cloudrunner64

This great is great. Im sure she will like it. Add me NNID cloudrunner64

PSN cloud_runner64

norwichred

Done. And thanks for the advice

norwichred

Budda

Soo.. This game is... ... AWESOME!!!
Music is on par with Tropical Freeze - If not better. <3
Visuals and Style are beautiful!!!
If anybody knows... Where is the 3rd Wonder Wool in World 2-3? I can't find it anywhere! :3 (Never mind. Got it. -facepalm-)

Edited on by Budda

Saveloy

Ours turned up today complete with blue Yoshi. Played the first 3 or 4 levels and LOVE it. Even cuter and more charming than I imagined it would be.

Controls take a while to get used to, but because there aren't many threats early on, you have plenty of time to muck about and get the hang of them. I can see co-op play is going to be fun.

The music for "Sponge Cave Spelunking" is the biz. B) In fact, I realised halfway through that level that the visuals and sound together were giving me a similar feeling to Metroid Prime. Difficult to describe what I mean here - equal parts "rightness" and "dreamy other-worldliness".

I started watching that "10 ways to muck about" vid that NintendoLife have posted but had to stop. 'tis spoilers!

Saveloy

rallydefault

How is the difficulty? That seemed to be the only point of contention in most reviews. Personally, I don't mind if the "main" game is relatively easy as long as it is challenging to get all the secrets.

rallydefault

Budda

rallydefault wrote:

How is the difficulty? That seemed to be the only point of contention in most reviews. Personally, I don't mind if the "main" game is relatively easy as long as it is challenging to get all the secrets.

If you (at last) try to collect all 'Wonder Wool' in the first run, it gets fairly difficult right at the beginning. I just passed World 2 with all Wonder Wools. The final (Boss) stage or one of the lava level, felt like it was in the final World. I was amazed how difficult it already got. The lava in both stages contributed to this.[Usually Lava means final World in Mario games] : )

I've got to say, the game feels a lot like the original Yoshi's Island — Mixed with Yoshi's Story — And a little bit of Epic Yarn.
If you want the full experience, don't try to get spoiled. Tho.. It feels a lot different when playing it yourself.... Just avoid spoilers. You won't regret it. ^^

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic