Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Posts 901 to 920 of 4,672

Datasun_7

Haven't played any Jrpgs for awhile but I love the DQ series and I'm really excited for XCX so I took the plunge

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Blast

Let's talk about how online multiplayer could work.

Maybe there's a cool racing mode where you can race with other people in your mech

Maybe there's a mode where your friends and you can fight monsters in a glorified battle arena like in Monster Hunter

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OmegaMetroid93

Well, I think the best would be if you could actually go out and explore the world with your friends. That's what I really hope they'll do.
I can imagine there being some sort of a guild building in the cities that take care of multiplayer sessions and quests and such. And you go there, meet up with friends and then head out together. I dunno, that's just one idea.

Definitely liking your idea of having multiple modes where you can do different things, especially if they involve the mechs.

Also, seeing as how the mechs can fly, do you think we'll see any vertical areas that are inaccessible by foot? That'd be awesome. And since there'll be several different mech-types, maybe they can limit travel that way as well.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Well, I think the best would be if you could actually go out and explore the world with your friends. That's what I really hope they'll do.
I can imagine there being some sort of a guild building in the cities that take care of multiplayer sessions and quests and such. And you go there, meet up with friends and then head out together. I dunno, that's just one idea.

Definitely liking your idea of having multiple modes where you can do different things, especially if they involve the mechs.

Also, seeing as how the mechs can fly, do you think we'll see any vertical areas that are inaccessible by foot? That'd be awesome. And since there'll be several different mech-types, maybe they can limit travel that way as well.

Yeah Mech usage is limited by fuel so a gamer can't just ride around in his mech all the time. He's gonna have to stop and refill the tank somehow.

And this is freaking Monolith Soft... I'm just positive there's gonna be many hidden areas that only mechs can reach

Master of the Hype Train

DiscoGentleman

Been playing through Xenoblade in anticipation for X. I love Xenoblade so much, it's so crazy good. I'm at frontier village, hopefully I'll beat the game before X comes out.

Please understand: if you are going to send me a friend request, @ tag me at the same time or your request will be ignored.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6154-3556-8607 | 3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | My Nintendo: DinoJP | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman | Twitter:

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Been playing through Xenoblade in anticipation for X. I love Xenoblade so much, it's so crazy good. I'm at frontier village, hopefully I'll beat the game before X comes out.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

@DiscoGentleman Don't worry you just need 200 hours to beat the game, so no biggie.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

OmegaMetroid93

Well, we've already seen floating islands in the Primordial Wilderness. Hell, I think you could even see them in the very first teaser they released. Pretty sure you can only get to those by mech. They're small though, so I wonder what in the world could be up there. Maybe just a salvage point or a unique monster, probably?

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Well, we've already seen floating islands in the Primordial Wilderness. Hell, I think you could even see them in the very first teaser they released. Pretty sure you can only get to those by mech. They're small though, so I wonder what in the world could be up there. Maybe just a salvage point or a unique monster, probably?

There could be a special mech/mech upgrade up there...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

conman2012

Looking foward to this game as my most anticipated Wii U upcoming game (that we know about). The Mechs look appealing and I am assuming from the cut scenes there will be a good storyline.

Never played Xenoblade chronicles though, just like the look of this one from the trailers thus far.

conman2012

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98 wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

There could be a special mech/mech upgrade up there...

I never even considered that there might be mech upgrades to obtain! It's such an obvious thing that I never even thought of it. haha
Hiding them throughout the field would give an even bigger incentive to explore the world.
There's so much potential here that I just can't contain my hype.
I hope we get something new on this game soon.

OmegaMetroid93

DiscoGentleman

omg! A few more details about the game came out! Link Here

“Xenoblade Chronicles X is the first HD project for Monolith Soft, so instead of setting a number of hard-to-achieve targets, we are working on steadily building up key skills. Our goal with this game is first to lay the groundwork for [our] HD game development, so as to not overreach ourselves and cause problems,”

So, I bet we can see more visual polish on the game in the ending stages of development!

“Dolls, which are what we call these vehicles, are roughly five times the size of a person, so to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles while using a Doll, the map would probably need to be five times as large. It’s actually even bigger than that, but we’ve made sure to design Xenoblade Chronicles X so that players can still feel comfortable navigating the world, despite its vast size.”

The world is even 5x bigger than Xenoblade!

Monolith Soft have also addressed complaints over the quest log in Xenoblade Chronicles, now indicating objectives and relevant people on the map – which will also be how the developer will integrate the Wii U GamePad.
“We decided that it would be perfect to use as a navigation device, in the same way that a lot of tablet computers are,” Takahashi explained. “”We’ve put some important features relating to the game system and your objectives in the game onto the GamePad, so I feel that this should create a very user-friendly experience for players.”

Ohhhhh my god!

Please understand: if you are going to send me a friend request, @ tag me at the same time or your request will be ignored.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6154-3556-8607 | 3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | My Nintendo: DinoJP | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

A little late to the party there.

But yeah, those are great news! I especially love how they seem to understand how to incorporate the Gamepad in a useful but non-intrusive manner.
Honestly, just having your quest list and a more detailed map on there will be INSANELY useful. I can't imagine what else they'd do, but yeah.
And my exploration senses are tingling just looking at the first area and imagining how much more there is going to be to this world.

OmegaMetroid93

DiscoGentleman

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

A little late to the party there.

Am I? Oh, man. My bad

Blast

I'm a huge off-tv gamer so if off-tv is there... I'm using it

Master of the Hype Train

Hy8ogen

Blast wrote:

It better not be there or I'm going to be very disappointed

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

I'm with you on that one. I'll off tv play probably 90% or more of the game. If it doesn't have off tv play then I might consider not getting it. Yep, I said it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DiscoGentleman

I so would not go off-tv with this game. It'd be a shame to not view it on a big, HD TV.

MisterPi

It was enter have off TV! That's the only reason I like the game pad. Plus when I'm just grinding I wanna be able to have something to watch on the TV in the background while I mindlessly mow down enemies

MisterPi

OmegaMetroid93

Off-TV play would be nice, although I probably won't use it that much. I'm too excited for the gamepad specific features to use Off-TV play.
I hope there's some kind of affinity chart in this game as well. That's one feature I absolutely LOVED about Xenoblade. It made me want to talk to every NPC and it made me want to do their quests, even if they were just fetch quests, because I wanted to see the relationships between them and other NPCs in the world grow. Just walking around Colony 9 and seeing all these people being connected is awesome. I got really obsessive over that affinity chart.

OmegaMetroid93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic