Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,371

Spoony_Tech

Ryno wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It looks fantastic, just don't look at the faces!

That is what I think about Zelda games. Outside of Link and Zelda, I usually strongly dislike the design of the characters.

I think the difference is that at least Zelda is not going for realism but I'm not sure what Chronicles is going for.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

I think the faces in the most recent footage looks better than what we saw at E3 actually.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ryno

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I think the difference is that at least Zelda is not going for realism but I'm not sure what Chronicles is going for.

Whatever it is, it looks better. Look at the video I posted around the 1 minute and tell me that doesn't look fine?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

They still haven't translated the text? Geez.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

Man, Iwata had a really rough time talking about XCX. So much sci-fi jargon and uncommon English words. He had to pause on so many words and sound them out slowly, like "Intergalactic." Why would you make a Japanese man say that word???

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

Still looks fantastic. 2015 is going to be an AWESOME year for Wii U owners.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

cookiex

SpookyMeths wrote:

Man, Iwata had a really rough time talking about XCX. So much sci-fi jargon and uncommon English words. He had to pause on so many words and sound them out slowly, like "Intergalactic." Why would you make a Japanese man say that word???

I heard that between every take, Iwata pauses to shake his fist into the air and shout (in Japanese) "DAMN YOU ENGLISH LANGUAAAGE!!!"

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Ryu_Niiyama

SpookyMeths wrote:

I respect him for trying. I doubt when he joined nintendo to make video games did he ever think those English classes he slept though (kidding) would be required for anything. When you are taught English by fellow Japanese it is hard to work with the sound structure that is so different from Japanese (Since Japanese is mostly a consonant-vowel paring structure rather than solitary sounds.) My Aikido teacher has lived in the US for about 20 years and she every now and then will get the "ra re ru ri ro" sounds going when saying a word with "l"s in it. Though, dealing with her American-born husband has severely blunted the accent in her English.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jariw

SpookyMeths wrote:

I think the faces in the most recent footage looks better than what we saw at E3 actually.

I agree. I was struck by how much better it looked now, compared to the E3 footage.

jariw

IceClimbers

Official Japanese website now open. Make sure to turn on the music, because the music that plays is an absolute MASTERPIECE.
http://xenobladex.jp/

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Noonch

Did anyone else think this looked like an N64 game in the direct today? Graphically not up to par with what WiiU can do.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Ryno

Noonch wrote:

Did anyone else think this looked like an N64 game in the direct today?

No.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Storytime7

Noonch wrote:

Did anyone else think this looked like an N64 game in the direct today? Graphically not up to par with what WiiU can do.

I don't think you know what N64 games looked like.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Noonch

Epic fail, I got this confused with Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS. Xeno looked ok.

Edited on by Noonch

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Storytime7

IceClimbers wrote:

Official Japanese website now open. Make sure to turn on the music, because the music that plays is an absolute MASTERPIECE.

Wow. I didn't know I could be even more hyped for this game than I already was.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

IceClimbers

Storytime7 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

That was my exact reaction. The music is so beautiful.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Maelstrom

IceClimbers wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

That was my exact reaction. The music is so beautiful.

Except the quality. I have heard better from a bad record player.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

MsJubilee

Noonch wrote:

Epic fail, I got this confused with Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS. Xeno looked ok.

Just OK? It looked amazing, don't what you saw friendo.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic