Joeynator3000

Ugh, stupid desire sensor from Monster Hunter is infecting this game now. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

Ok so overdrives suck compared to chain attacks from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Operative wrote:

I found it in Noctilum.

Right. Thanks! This should be enough for me to find it

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Lol well sorry I don't remember the specific segment..

TuVictus

Captain05crunch

@erv: You can upgrade your mechanical skill level by talking to Eleonora near the mission board in the Administrative District in NLA. You need to upgrade your BLADE level to do this. This will allow you to place probes at the higher level areas. Go for the mechanical skill before the archaeological or biological, as it's the most useful (because probes).

Captain05crunch

erv

Captain05crunch wrote:

@erv: You can upgrade your mechanical skill level by talking to Eleonora near the mission board in the Administrative District in NLA. You need to upgrade your BLADE level to do this. This will allow you to place probes at the higher level areas. Go for the mechanical skill before the archaeological or biological, as it's the most useful (because probes).

Yeah, I figured that one out a level too late. Now I'm stuck at the 14,3 mark. What are the icons on the map for? I couldn't find anything about that in the manual.

I've been waking around a lot and really enjoying it though. I just don't understand the game mechanics well enough I guess.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

@erv
Tap them, they usually tell you.

renaryuugufan92

Level 51 now and going into chapter 12, and I still feel unprepared for this XD saved before accepting the mission of course

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Eat_Pie

Captain05crunch wrote:

Adding on to this, you can only up grade to level 4. Level 5 is a reward of a side quest.
@erv
I think there are a couple things about it in the manual.

Those symbols represent what you have to do to complete the hexagon, or segment. If it's an animal head, you have to defeat the tyrant. If it's a structure-like thing, it's planting a probe. If it has two hands shaking, it means an affinity quest will take you there. I think if it looks like a piece of paper, a normal quest is there.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

GrizzlyArctos

Well, just beat the main story. Have to say I loved this game. There's so much to do and the world of Mira is beautiful. The story felt a bit too short and rushed, and the story of the first Xenoblade was better in my opinion, but I still loved it! There were a few loose plot threads though so hopefully I'll be able to solve those in other missions.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Dezzy

So how do you get onto the Man'on ship exactly? You need to go there for 1 mission.

riChchestM

The e-shop discount for owners of the Wii port ends today. The price after discount is the same as 2nd hand (CEX) and Amazon new, but the idea of not having a disc appeals. I'm barely started on the previous game however, and have a decent backlog to get through. IS this likely to go on sale in a year or so? Or is it essential to buy it now and put it in my queue?

EDIT: Actually Amazon is now cheaper than the eshop discount

Edited on by riChchestM

riChchestM

Nintendo Network ID: riChchestM | Twitter:

Dezzy

Yeah the physical version is already cheaper anyway. And it's hard to say what the prices will be like in a years time. Depends on how many copies they made. It's certainly good enough to do what Chronicles and other games like Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia did and increase in price over time.

It's already more expensive than the price I bought it for at launch though, lol! Dunno if that means anything or is just random noise.

Edited on by Dezzy

Captain05crunch

What is everyone's preferred skell type - light, medium, or heavy? I just recently got my skell and destroyed it instantly...twice (thanks endless pit in Oblivia). Now I'm looking at getting a better frame. I like the looks of the light and medium frames, but the heavies have so many more options available and they get so much more fuel capacity. Thoughts?

Captain05crunch

Blast

I'm loving this game so far but... Elma's voice actress is garbage. Just flipping garbage. I mean... It's slowly warming up to me but its like her voice actress isn't even trying!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

Is there a way to increase Miranium storage capabilities? 12k isn't nearly enough anymore

TuVictus

LaserdiscGal

Operative wrote:

Is there a way to increase Miranium storage capabilities? 12k isn't nearly enough anymore

Switch some of your probes over to Storage ones.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

I'm loving this game so far but... Elma's voice actress is garbage. Just flipping garbage. I mean... It's slowly warming up to me but its like her voice actress isn't even trying!!!

All of the voice acting is worse than the prequel imo. Mostly emotionless deliveries all around. Except Lin and Tatsu.

Santa wrote:

Switch some of your probes over to Storage ones.

I've ran out of storage probes. Where do you get them?

Edited on by Dezzy

Eat_Pie

Captain05crunch wrote:

What is everyone's preferred skell type - light, medium, or heavy? I just recently got my skell and destroyed it instantly...twice (thanks endless pit in Oblivia). Now I'm looking at getting a better frame. I like the looks of the light and medium frames, but the heavies have so many more options available and they get so much more fuel capacity. Thoughts?

I prefer the medium one because it's balanced but I've heard that in the post-game, if you don't have a heavy skell, you will get killed. The heavier skells may have more fuel, but I'm pretty sure they burn up fuel faster.

Eat_Pie

Pho

@Blast: I actually felt Elma's voice acting was one of the stronger ones. Nothing beats Lao though. Matthew Mercer is awesome. c:

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

kkslider5552000

I so far have no reason to think that the quality of Elma's performance has too much relevance to who voices her tbh. (but to fair, I've only just gotten past chapter 3)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic