Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,371

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I so far have no reason to think that the quality of Elma's performance has too much relevance to who voices her tbh. (but to fair, I've only just gotten past chapter 3)

Elma's voice should've been deeper and yet still friendly. Yet her voice actress is just plain bad. How in the world does Nintendo go from amazing voice acting in Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising to... this???!?!?!

Luckily Lyn has a great voice!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I so far have no reason to think that the quality of Elma's performance has too much relevance to who voices her tbh. (but to fair, I've only just gotten past chapter 3)

Well if they told her to sound as stoic as possible, then it's their fault for saying that. Otherwise, it's her fault.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

First week sales reports on VGChartz are up. 350K in the first week. Pretty good. And that's just physical mind. I assume the digital will knock that up to 400K. So it sold more than Tomb Raider. Pretty good given the genre.
For some reason the sales in europe are terrible though. Most of that came from the US. Don't know if that's true or if they just missed out a few european countries that week (different figures come in at different times so they sometimes add them to the next week instead).
It's set to sell more that the original though. So that's good! Very good given the install base. Hopefully means they'll continue the series.

Edited on by Dezzy

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

First week sales reports on VGChartz are up. 350K in the first week. Pretty good. And that's just physical mind. I assume the digital will knock that up to 400K. So it sold more than Tomb Raider. Pretty good given the genre.
For some reason the sales in europe are terrible though. Most of that came from the US. Don't know if that's true or if they just missed out a few european countries that week (different figures come in at different times so they sometimes add them to the next week instead).
It's set to sell more that the original though. So that's good! Very good given the install base. Hopefully means they'll continue the series.

There's a reason why Europe gets nicknamed "SONY Europe" regarding video game sales.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well if they told her to sound as stoic as possible, then it's their fault for saying that. Otherwise, it's her fault.

Let's just say it makes sense for her character to sound like that. That stuff comes right at the end of the story, tho....

You already beat the story?!?!?!?! What the heck??? Don't you dare say its short or something like that. I'm taking my sweet time with XCX.

And Elma shouldn't sound stoic... regardless of what happens in the story far later in the game. Her voice actress blew it!!! How did the localization team think she was doing a good job?!

Master of the Hype Train

GrizzlyArctos

@Blast: I've beaten the story and my play time was around 50-60 hours, though a fair amount of that wasn't doing story based stuff. I'd say that the story is pretty short, especially in comparison to the first Xenoblade, but there's an absolute ton to do aside from the story, so it's not too bad.

As for Elma's voice actor, I didn't have any problems with how she voiced her. To me, it suited her character, and it really does make sense once you beat the story.

Yes, I like bears.

jijifox

Finished the story and i really liked the end. Im 80% sure there's gonna be a sequel. They can't just leave the story with that kind of an end plot. And yeah, the voice of Elma will make sense when you beat the story. And the whole story will make sense, how humans have such advanced science and how they knew the Ganglion were coming.

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Joeynator3000

Elma sounds fine to me...even though now I can't stop picturing one of the witches she voices in my anime every time she talks. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GrizzlyArctos

Yeah, I'm almost certain that we'll be seeing more of Mira in the future. There were a few plot threads left hanging, and the cutscene after the credits threw up a lot of questions to be answered. X did a great job of introducing the world and I'm looking forward to seeing where Monolith takes it.

Yes, I like bears.

TheXReturns

EDIT: Don't read this if you have spoiler uncover on.

I don't have a problem with any character, voice actor or anything much.

Barring H.B.

I really really just can't warm to his character. Give me Gwin, Alexa or Irina any day. (Those three are my alternating fourth spot).

I'm at the same spot as @discogentleman, virtually at level 30 for chapter 8. I think I have some of the twists worked out now. (The identity of the lone skell pilot, why Elma seems so darn knowledgeable about all the Xenoforms, and the humans had warning about everything that was going to happen, which seems waaaaaaay too convenient to me. , and a couple of little things.

The skells make the game feel a little overpowered in places. I'd have preferred it if we'd got them later. (Sorry to anyone who really wanted a skell).

Edit: Don't actually tell me if I'm right, I'm just making predictions at just gone the halfway stage. (But seriously, some of the bosses have been an absolute cakewalk whereas others had me itching to use the lower difficulty level... I beat Chapter 5 without any deaths, yet struggled on 6 for ages.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

TheXReturns

@Discogentleman No, that was earlier. I was using my skell for ridiculously fast levelling. I went from level 25 to level 29 ridiculously fast, then took a break to play "the matchmaker" affinity mission.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Eat_Pie

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Question:

If I have a weapon equipped with the beam attribute, and then I have artes with the weapon attribute, does that make those artes then beam attribute?

Thanks!

Yeah, it should be that way.

Eat_Pie

TuVictus

Nothing is more infuriating than getting into a fight, watching your party member's skell almost die, ordering them to get out multiple times, and they just keep on fighting until it's destroyed

TuVictus

renaryuugufan92

I've beaten the game as of yesterday, now I am grinding materials to have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyd9NM6d9xc <--- in my life. 97 hours clocked according to the in-game time, 113 according to the Wii U's daily log.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Eat_Pie

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

I've beaten the game as of yesterday, now I am grinding materials to have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyd9NM6d9xc <--- in my life. 97 hours clocked according to the in-game time, 113 according to the Wii U's daily log.

Nice! I've heard good things about the Ares90. Is a custom skell better than the Ares90?

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Apparently this only sold 10K in the UK in the first week. That's shockingly bad. More than 3x that in Germany. When did that weird disparity happen?
Luckily it did great in the US.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eat_Pie

@Tops
There's a way to check it in game. Go to the monsterpedia(I forgot what it was called) and view the numbers for Volkampf(the first tyrant you battle). The number of people killed is how many people have the game.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Tops
There's a way to check it in game. Go to the monsterpedia(I forgot what it was called) and view the numbers for Volkampf(the first tyrant you battle). The number of people killed is how many people have the game.

Not necessarily. Quite a few people will have bought ready for christmas!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic