Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 4,371

TuVictus

Alright, so what do you do after you first get your skell? Seems useless to me at the moment

TuVictus

Darknyht

Just finished Story Mission 6. That was a beast to get through because my AI players were apparently stuck in suicide mode. I had to adopt a more defensive style of play to drag them through it.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

The-NX

Do different weapons have different ranges?
(I am only about two hours in.)

The-NX

ACK

1st probe on Cauldros at lvl 16... That's what I call PROspecting!

...I'll see myself out.

ACK

Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

So I've gone from level 40 to 43 within 20 minutes at FN site 508 in Cauldros. I got everyone level 30 skells, me, lin, elma and hope to be exact. All I'm doing is grinding the crabs in that location and its an easy 400+base exp every win and there are 6 of them everytime you respawn. Level 50 skell here we come very soon! Untitled

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Dezzy

Syvalum should be removed from this game. Worst continent by far.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Joeynator3000

Only things I hate about that place, is the fog weather...and that stupid hovering mech that wanders everywhere.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

So I'm fairly close to getting a Skell. At what point do you get the ability to fly?

Lol, I still haven't used an Overdrive though. Need to sort out my battle style for better TP usage. I constantly end up with none.

@Pahvi

Ugly, less detail than other continents and just a lack of interesting places and geography.

FX102A

Quick question; it may have been answered at some point in this huge thread but I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment and a quick Google Search raised nothing.

Is there any way to transfer XCX save files between Wii U's? Going on holiday to visit family and can't take my Wii U but I can borrow my cousin's over there. Thought about transfering saves via a memory stick. Although guessing the online components may prohibit that.

FX102A

TuVictus

I like Sylvalum only because of the music. I enjoy using the Skell, but why does it randomly do that over the shoulder view from the cockpit? It completely throws me off when I'm fighting.

Also, Skells remind me of the first game. The Bionis and Mechonis were essentially just gigantic Skells. Even the boss fight inside the "cockpit", where you could see out all around you, looks like the Skell cockpits

TuVictus

erv

Well I'm just still stuck in getting my survey rate up. I kill stuff, I plant probes - turns out sometimes my level is insufficient - and have travelled most of the area, but it keeps being stuck in 14,3 percent.

What am I missing here? There's got to be a game mechanic I'm oblivious about.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Darknyht

Slowly getting my levels up to 30 so I can get my license. Completed my Enforcer class and now getting ready to dive into the exciting world of Photon Swords.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

TuVictus

Sooooo I found a certain something that pretty much all but confirms the theory that
Mira is the evolved world of the original Xenoblade. It's a statue showing "Two giant ancient colossi in an eternal clash", etc.

TuVictus

Dezzy

Operative wrote:

Sooooo I found a certain something that pretty much all but confirms the theory that
Mira is the evolved world of the original Xenoblade. It's a statue showing "Two giant ancient colossi in an eternal clash", etc.

I don't know what that means. Where's the statue?

ACK

Syvalum was the second world I ventured into (during like CH. 2) and I've already surveyed over 20% and I'm only at lvl. 16 (CH. 3). I found it entrancing and trailblazing through it like an extreme stealth RPG has been a blast. A highlight was looting most of The Dim of Behemoth's Shadows by carefully watching and planning every move to avoid detection.

I basically play like a true prospector by treading into hazardous terrain, utilizing every sort of traversal and stealth mechanic available to scale mountains, reaching passages I'm not supposed to find and droping probes like its hot...

Anyway, it's been one of the most memorable RPG experiences in years, maybe since my adolescence. I adore how many options this game gives you, where if you have the will to get somewhere there is a way.

I actually fear progressing too far into the story, as if when I get my Skell I will lose much of the distinctive tension and thrill. I mean, this is white-knuckle, sweaty palms gameplay I've been experiencing (may be partially due to a moderate fear of heights). Definitely as intense as any RPG battle I can recall.

I am seriously balancing scoping out the world and advancing the story and that sort of trapeze act is at once exhaustingly frustrating and yet the sign of a truly great RPG to me.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

TuVictus

Dezzy wrote:

Operative wrote:

I don't know what that means. Where's the statue?

I found it in Noctilum. The little in-game picture for it was the Mechonis and Bionis fighting with their swords

Also, the Sylvalum, Noctilum, and Oblivia themes keep getting stuck in my head. Like they're on a rotating schedule

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Eat_Pie

ACK wrote:

Syvalum was the second world I ventured into (during like CH. 2) and I've already surveyed over 20% and I'm only at lvl. 16 (CH. 3). I found it entrancing and trailblazing through it like an extreme stealth RPG has been a blast. A highlight was looting most of The Dim of Behemoth's Shadows by carefully watching and planning every move to avoid detection.

I basically play like a true prospector by treading into hazardous terrain, utilizing every sort of traversal and stealth mechanic available to scale mountains, reach passages I'm not supposed to find and droping probes like its hot...

Anyway, it's been one of the most memorable RPG experiences in years, maybe since my adolescence. I adore how many options this game gives you, where if you have the will to get somewhere there is a way.

I actually fear progressing too far into the story, as if when I get my Skell I will lose much of the distinctive tension and thrill. I mean, this is white-knuckle, sweaty palms gameplay I've been experiencing (may be partially due to a moderate fear of heights). Definitely as intense as any RPG battle I can recall.

I am seriously balancing scoping out the world and advancing the story and that sort of trapeze act is at once exhaustingly frustrating and yet the sign of a truly great RPG to me.

Once you get your first skell, you'll probably still be doing stuff on foot. From what I've heard, the skell the game gives you is pretty bad and most people will be able to out damage it with their MC.

Eat_Pie

VelvetElvis

Cool interview with Takahashi just went up (the same TIME author just gave the game a 5 out 5 in his review that went up today): http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsu...

Interesting that Takahashi prefers Western-style games, though you can certainly see a lot of that in X. Also of note that he says he wants to do something completely different next time. In any case, I'll be there.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Dezzy

Lol so he's the 1 guy in Japan who owns an Xbox.

I still prefer Japanese games to be honest. With the exception of Bioware stuff and Valve's decade releases, nearly all of my favourite games are Japanese.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic