Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 4,371

shingi_70

Hopefully this game doesn't fall into the same pitfalls at Dragon Age Inqustion.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jijifox

Guys, do i wait for the 20th to get my physical game or download it on the 4th digitally?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

OmegaMetroid93

@DiscoGentleman: There shouldn't even be any debate. People do what they want and let others do the same. Period.

.......I wish.

OmegaMetroid93

VelvetElvis

I'm so pumped for this game, I even went into a GameStop to preorder it. Now I have to take a very long shower.

Related, I was surprised that they offered me the choice between a special and regular edition preorder. I can hardly believe that a North American special edition for a Nintendo game is still easily available to consumers two weeks before launch. It's like some weird Twilight Zone where NoA is decent again.

VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Excuse the double post, but I just saw that Nintendo Everything has posted the US and UK TV promos for X:

As per usual, the US commercial is so rote and boring I can't believe NoA paid someone for it, but the UK promos (especially the first one) are fantastic. It's great to see a commercial that relies strictly on badass gameplay and music to get its point across.

Good thing the UK marketing for the game is solid — it'll probably help sell another dozen copies.

VelvetElvis

enderboy221

@VelvetElvis I'm just glad their advertising it at all. It seriously looks fantastic, and is likely the only holiday Wii U game that is actually impressive. I thought the commercial was OK though. Wasn't anything special, but it wasn't like some of Nintendo's previous family-orientated commercials.
I will let the new CGI family commercials pass though. They're still pretty cool.

enderboy221

Koopa-King

@VelvetElvis: When has the UK marketing ever been good for Nintendo? I guess that new marketing guy really did do well!

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

VelvetElvis

@enderboy221: The holiday commercials are pretty neat, this is true. My harping on NoA's (and NoE's) shoddy marketing department aside (you'll hear that a lot from me — I think public image and mindshare are two of the company's key problems, and their lackluster marketing is a huge part of that), I agree about XCX. I'd love nothing more than to see Nintendo give the game the push it deserves in the western markets.

@Koopa-King: True, I should say Nintendo's western marketing in general, since US and UK commercials are often just slight variations of each other. In this case, I greatly prefer the UK version — the editing is great, and letting the visuals and music take center stage is really impactful. The generic narration kinda cheapens the US version, at least for me.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

renaryuugufan92

@VelvetElvis: Ever since the launch of the 3DS and Wii U I've felt that NOA needs new heads under their marketing department.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

MegaMari0

New heads for the marketing department don't matter half the time IMO. You could have a genius marketing campaign idea or whatever, but if you don't have the dough to back it up, it'll come out looking half hearted. You look at massive games like destiny with(from what I read) a 6.7M marketing budget/push and look back at nintendo.nintendo can't dump that amount of money on a game that isn't guaranteed to get amazing sales. I expect XCX to either underperform or break even(if lucky). Nowhere have I seen actual Ads(online or otherwise) about XCX and the game is due in a few weeks. I plan to buy the game eventually but i'm not holding my breath for amazing sales when those reports roll in a few months later.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

IceClimbers

@MegaMari0: Technically, the media previews are ads. That's sponsored content, which is a form of advertisement. Between the media previews, the Survival Guide video series on their Youtube channel, word-of-mouth, social media posts, and now commercials, they've got a fair amount of their bases covered.

There's been more advertisement for Xenoblade X this past month than for either amiibo Festival or Mario Tennis, which have received very little advertising.

As for those Xenoblade X commercials, the UK ones are more epic, but the US one does a better job of explaining things to those who may not have heard of the game. That being said, most of this game's audience is likely aware of the game's existence by now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

OH THANK GOD.

I was assuming Nintendo wasn't going to be stupid but their November games are Amiibo Festival and a lackluster Mario Tennis so it's hard to say.

But good, ads. That's what I wanted. But clearly based on Splatoon, they should've tried to make the ads hilariously obnoxious. You're a Homs now, you're a Skell now!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

renaryuugufan92

just read this http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-explains-why-xeno... and ok

1. sure all RPG fans on Nintendo platforms know of and are anticipating Xenoblade Chronicles X myself included
2. by not giving this game marketing push you are a. hindering the Wii U even more than it has been this holiday season and b. hindering the games ability to appeal to gamers who play RPGs outside of Nintendo platforms.

and what some may disagree with
3. really shows that Nintendo's western marketing (particularly NOA) team either a. needs to reform, or b. hire all new employees who are more in touch with the modern gaming trends.

just thought I'd share this, I read this during a college class today and immediately became frustrated as its just another example of poor marketing, a situation I'm afraid will carry on into the NX and it frustrates me that this game like many others this year won't get a proper marketing push outside of NOJ and NOE.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

IceClimbers

@renaryuugufan92: Look at the above posts. Nintendo has been marketing this game. Much more than amiibo Festival or Mario Tennis at least.

That article addresses Latin America's lack of advertising, but has a clickbait/misleading title.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

renaryuugufan92

@IceClimbers: ahhhh I feel like a dip now lol

SMEXIZELDAMAN

VelvetElvis wrote:

@DiscoGentleman: Me too! It has been my most anticipated Wii U game for nearly as long as there has been a Wii U.

The Fiora/Shulk thing is rad. Unfortunately, hands-on impressions of the western release have confirmed that Japanese voices are not an option — just English: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-16-xenoblade-chroni...

The little English voice acting I've heard sounds solid (I actually prefer the English Lyn by leaps and bounds, compared to the Japanese voice, though Elma sounds a bit flat to me). I think I'm actually more disappointed that the cast isn't all British. That little touch weirdly gave Xenoblade Chronicles its own identity (which is another reason why the Shulk/Fiora nod is neat).

Noooooooo! The English VAs had better be top notch

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

whodatninja

@renaryuugufan92: Yup, shows how much faith they have in Xenoblade, practically their only game this winter... SMH
I get more advertisements from Gamexplain than I do Nintendo!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Polyaness

So uh, will the data packs be available in Europe before launch or am I gonna have to cry while I wait for them to download while the game is out? ( Or.. am I an idiot, and they are actually out.)

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

VelvetElvis

A buddy of mine just shared this (not work-safe video) with me. It basically solves all of Nintendo's X-related marketing problems:

Step 1: Make this the entire advertising campaign for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Step 2: Retire.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Smash_kirby

I think Powerman 5000's Invade Destroy Repeat would work for the bad guys.

Smash_kirby

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic