Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 4,371

triforcepower73

iKhan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Okay, while the environments and freedom of this game are very enticing, I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to be really light on accessible story. It seems like the game is going to mostly be just you questing for NLA

This is getting really old, people questioning the depth of the story. Takahashi has stated that the story will be a "deep plot compared to XC's more simplistic plot." How much more confirmation do you need? Also they've stated they don't want to spoil the story so they won't show very much of it before the game releases. I mean all we've seen is the very basic premise.

When did he say that? I've read all the interviews, but I haven't heard him say that.

Anyway, I know that it's really hard to deliver a good narrative in a very non-linear game. While I don't doubt that there will definitely be story in the quests and world, I'm not a big fan of when the entire story is told implicitly. IMO implicit storytelling should be a sidedish to a main course that someone playing the minimal game can understand.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/242463-xenoblade-chronicles-x-to-...

Fair enough.

Still, I wish they would give us some initial conflict so that there is a more enticing premise than "you crash land on a new world"

Don't worry. I'm sure the two alien races will play an important part in the story beyond just the opening cutscene. Also in the presentation today, we saw an alien race that could've been hostile. They were pointing their weapons at Cross, Elma and the rest of the team. So either they are natives of Mira that are against the idea of aliens(humans) taking over their land, or their one of the alien species who fought above Earth and forced mankind to leave.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

cookiex
  • File size is 22.7 GB.
  • Game displays in 720p (presumably 30 fps)
  • USB keyboard supported
  • Up to 4 players can go on quests online. Up to 32 players can connect passively to trade items and strategic information
  • Digital pre-load available on JP eShop.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k?original_referer=http%3A%...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

Faruko wrote:

This is the game of the year for me, hands down

and one more thing

how the hell does this game looks much MUCH better than anything else on the WiiU ? Did Monolith found somekind of extra power on the WiiU others are not seeing ?

Artstyle means ALOT and can work wonders.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

cookiex wrote:

• File size is 22.7 GB.
  • Game displays in 720p (presumably 30 fps)
  • USB keyboard supported
  • Up to 4 players can go on quests online. Up to 32 players can connect passively to trade items and strategic information
  • Digital pre-load available on JP eShop.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k?original_referer=http%3A%...

WHOA

Master of the Hype Train

luisesteban

cookiex wrote:

File size is 22.7 GB.

I'm happy with my 2tb hd.

Much other wii U games could start tipping this frontier of the 25gb.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Sparx

Are there any pictures of the new species? I don't have time to watch the direct and look for them right now

My avatar is from here

NinjaWaddleDee

Oh yeah, 4 player questing is going to be SOOOOO awesome! Because I lost all my friends after high school, who wants to play some online with meh!? Anybody? Please.... cries

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

rishisquid

I have a bunch of friends who own Wii U's but none of them want this game... Forever alone... Anyways, can you type from the gamepad touchscreen as well as the keyboard?

rishisquid

Blast

Now all I wanna see is a touch of fanservice...

Master of the Hype Train

NinjaWaddleDee

Blast wrote:

No thanks. That's what turns me off a lot of animes to be honest. But that's just me. I'd just like a good story. I don't find that appealing with cartoon characters.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Blast

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

No thanks. That's what turns me off a lot of animes to be honest. But that's just me. I'd just like a good story. I don't find that appealing with cartoon characters.

Good fanservice doesn't necessarily mean doing Hentai like things.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

I tend to prefer it when it isn't distracting for no good reason. Looking back on Xenoblade, while it's at least gender equality-ish on it (which is cool, and where fanservice should go quite frankly), towards the later parts of the game it was feeling forced after a while (mainly Seven's outfits). Just raises way too many questions.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dreamsleep

rishisquid wrote:

I have a bunch of friends who own Wii U's but none of them want this game... Forever alone... Anyways, can you type from the gamepad touchscreen as well as the keyboard?

That would make sense, so no...Nintendo.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Jaz007

Blast wrote:

And no thank you. I hate fanservice, and it can really turn me away from a game.

Jaz007

NinjaWaddleDee

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

Define good fan service please. I'm actually quite curious.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Blast

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

I meant like... hidden comedy scenes... Imagine if Cross overhears Elma stressing out what to wear to a party to Lynlee. Elma is a battleworn woman so seeing her laid back and freaking out over something not even big just highlights her character. That's the kind of fanservice I like. Get what I mean or do I sound dumb? Lol

Master of the Hype Train

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

I meant like... hidden comedy scenes... Imagine if Cross overhears Elma stressing out what to wear to a party to Lynlee. Elma is a battleworn woman so seeing her laid back and freaking out over something not even big just highlights her character. That's the kind of fanservice I like. Get what I mean or do I sound dumb? Lol

Quit while you're behind.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Blast wrote:

Oh okay, gotcha. I thought you we're talking about the characters walking around in bikinis or something like that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic