Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 4,371

OmegaMetroid93

So did they really just show us all the environments?
I remember Takahashi saying there'd be 5 continents. And well.. They gave us a detailed look at all 5.
I'm really worried they may have blown their load too early, so to speak.
Still, I only get more and more hyped for this.
4 player online? Yes please! Also, I'm really happy the affinity chart and heart-to-hearts seem to be back.

OmegaMetroid93

OorWullie

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

So did they really just show us all the environments?

I have been concerned about that too.From the map they showed on the Gamepad it did look like there was room for more lands though.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Blast

There's more and more proof that Square Enix is looking at XCX... In a recent trailer for FF XV, Noctis steps out of something and raises his hand to block some light going into his eye.... Just like Cross does when you first meet Elma. I'll never forget the survey Square Enix sent out about Kingdom Hearts 3. I asked Square Enix to give the Nintendo fanbase some kind of love for Kingdom Hearts for Wii U. Anyway... The survey had a section asking which games you were excited for and XCX was at the top of the list. I'm all for friendly competition so its no big deal but I noticed it. XCX and FF XV are two totally different JRPGS, though. I'm excited for both!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OmegaMetroid93

Yes, me too. I don't understand this whole fanboy war going on between the two.
People should just be happy that we're getting TWO massive, big-budget JRPGs in a year.
FFXV may have been inspired by XCX, but that's not a bad thing. And whether they did or didn't isn't important. Both games look great, and they have vastly different settings, characters, plots and moods to them. Both are going to be fantastic and there's absolutely no reason to fight about it.

OmegaMetroid93

gcunit

I'd never played a jprg, but have been following the development of XCX keenly because the initial trailers were done so well and I knew how good a reputation XC has.

So after the hypegasm on Friday watching the live stream, I committed myself to playing XC first, and I had my first go on it last night.

My early thoughts were that it seemed to have a pretty accessible interface, but seemed a bit generic and seemed to have GameCube-generation graphics.

Then I got to the bit where Fiora has to find Shulk to give him his lunch and, without wanting to spoil it for anyone yet to play, the two of them observe something in the environment and a feature of the city intervenes, and it just seemed so well done and atmospheric, that it was a real 'Wow, I think this is gonna be good' moment that really made me want to play it some more. I now have my seat on the hype train.

I play it with the Japanese dialogue and English subs. The English accents were just too posh for me, and having it in Japanese adds to the mystical atmosphere. As such, I couldn't care less if they don't have any English-speaking voice actors for XCX (though I recognise it would put some off and might hinder sales without English dialogue).

Bit off topic from recent posts, I know, but I just really wanted to announce my entrance to the XC party.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

iKhan

^In regards to the graphics, I think this is a very easy way to put it.

The environments are really beautiful, and pretty impressive for the Wii. The character models are terrible, like PS2 level terrible. I wouldn't even say they are Gamecube level.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TuVictus

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't know if I'll like this game's sci-fi premise as much as I loved XC's fantasy premise with the Bionis and Mechonis. I know I'll play and love this game either way, I just hope there it has a beautiful story and alien races similar to the High Entia in this game. Which it might, considering the Nopom are confirmed to be in it

I haven't watched attack on titan or Kill La Kill so I have no idea what to expect from the music, but if it's anything like Mechonis Field from the first game, I'll love it just the same

TuVictus

R_Champ

Sqaure Enix is terrified people might FINALLY look past name recognition and fancy graphics and realize Monolith is the superior gameplay developer so they're trying to take a ton of ideas before XCX is even released to undercut the hype. I wouldn't mind so much if XCX was already released, but FFXV trying to take ideas this early is just proof how insecure SE really is about making their own games good.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

TheLilK98

R_Champ wrote:

Sqaure Enix is terrified people might FINALLY look past name recognition and fancy graphics and realize Monolith is the superior gameplay developer so they're trying to take a ton of ideas before XCX is even released to undercut the hype. I wouldn't mind so much if XCX was already released, but FFXV trying to take ideas this early is just proof how insecure SE really is about making their own games good.

That's probably because anyone that was worth anything at SE either works for Monolith or left to do their own thing somewhere else.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

iKhan

Operative wrote:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't know if I'll like this game's sci-fi premise as much as I loved XC's fantasy premise with the Bionis and Mechonis. I know I'll play and love this game either way, I just hope there it has a beautiful story and alien races similar to the High Entia in this game. Which it might, considering the Nopom are confirmed to be in it

I haven't watched attack on titan or Kill La Kill so I have no idea what to expect from the music, but if it's anything like Mechonis Field from the first game, I'll love it just the same

I'll have to wait and see, but IMO Japan does Fantasy better, and the West does Sci-Fi better.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

R_Champ wrote:

Compare Final Fantasy Versus' trailers which had Noctis looking like a moody yet powerful prince to FF XV trailers which looks like a JPOP band going on a grand adventure. That game went through a massive mood change when it went from PS3 to PS4. Still... I'm excited for FF XV.

But I will say Square Enix is yet again focusing too much on graphics and how cutscenes look.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

R_Champ wrote:

Sqaure Enix is terrified people might FINALLY look past name recognition and fancy graphics and realize Monolith is the superior gameplay developer so they're trying to take a ton of ideas before XCX is even released to undercut the hype.

Fanboying hard are we?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Sqaure Enix is terrified people might FINALLY look past name recognition and fancy graphics and realize Monolith is the superior gameplay developer so they're trying to take a ton of ideas before XCX is even released to undercut the hype.

Fanboying hard are we?

He isn't fanboying. The last good Final Fantasy game was...? Please tell me. And if you really think Square Enix doesn't have huge name power with "Final Fantasy" then I don't know what to say to you. I'm excited for FF XV because the combat looks fun and I hope Square Enix is treating it as a redemption game.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Fanboying hard are we?

He isn't fanboying. The last good Final Fantasy game was...? Please tell me. And if you really think Square Enix doesn't have huge name power with "Final Fantasy" then I don't know what to say to you. I'm excited for FF XV because the combat looks fun and I hope Square Enix is treating it as a redemption game.

Even if i did tell you about the last good Final Fantasy game,it will be far different from yours.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

Fanboying hard are we?

Even if i did tell you about the last good Final Fantasy game,it will be far different from yours.

What??? I don't even have nothing against SE. They made freaking Kingdom Hearts and I love that series. Their handling of FInal Fantasy has been really weird with the last few games. They put freaking Twitter and Facebook connectivity in Lightning Returns. The only good thing about that game was the customization and combat. Literally everything else was garbage, in my opinion.

And the name "Final Fantasy" is huge. That series can have multiple bad games but whenever a logo for FF appears... People scream and shout because FF has legacy. I'm friends with a girl who loves Final Fantasy to death and has little doubt about FF XV. She's just one of many. Sorry for the long speech. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

R_Champ wrote:

You mean like how Xenoblade Chronicles hard ripped off WoW and every other MMO's style of questing and world design? Things learn from one another, chill, it's evolution, not theft. I'm not a FF fan; I've never played any of the games besides FF: CC: Crystal Bearers: Revenge of the Unending Subtitle, which I liked. That said, Type 0 and FF15 look cool; I'll wait for reviews. Their combat systems in particular look more tolerable than Xenoblade's was to me. I think it's reasonable to judge things on merit, not based on how 'evil' we perceive X company to be. That being said, I'm all for punishing companies that commit actual, physical social ills, like Monsanto and such, but that's another thing entirely.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

You mean like how Xenoblade Chronicles hard ripped off WoW and every other MMO's style of questing and world design? Things learn from one another, chill, it's evolution, not theft. I'm not a FF fan; I've never played any of the games besides FF: CC: Crystal Bearers: Revenge of the Unending Subtitle, which I liked. That said, Type 0 and FF15 look cool; I'll wait for reviews. Their combat systems in particular look more tolerable than Xenoblade's was to me. I think it's reasonable to judge things on merit, not based on how 'evil' we perceive X company to be. That being said, I'm all for punishing companies that commit actual, physical social ills, like Monsanto and such, but that's another thing entirely.

You like EA? Just asking.

If a guy calls Square Enix evil for putting Facebook and Twitter interaction in a JRPG then he has the right. If a guy calls Capcom evil for putting microtransactions in RE: Rev 2's Raid Mode then he has the right. Developers do stupid stuff that can cause a dislike to them. Look at all the people who are trashing Nintendo about Splatoon's lack of voice chat and YouTube policies and they aren't even Nintendo fans.

I understand what you're saying, though.

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

You like EA? Just asking.

If a guy calls Square Enix evil for putting Facebook and Twitter interaction in a JRPG then he has the right. If a guy calls Capcom evil for putting microtransactions in RE: Rev 2's Raid Mode then he has the right. Developers do stupid stuff that can cause a dislike to them. Look at all the people who are trashing Nintendo about Splatoon's lack of voice chat and YouTube policies and they aren't even Nintendo fans.

I understand what you're saying, though.

I like Bioware's stuff, but I couldn't be less into sports games or publisher-specific subscriptions.

Blast

I love how XCX is focusing so much on exploration and making you feel part of this grand and epic adventure. Its not having an identity crisis like certain other games. Its also another game that shows Nintendo exclusives have some crazy high quality. Gawd, I'm gonna get lost in this game. The Mechs.... The Mechs!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

I love how XCX is focusing so much on exploration and making you feel part of this grand and epic adventure. Its not having an identity crisis like certain other games. Its also another game that shows Nintendo exclusives have some crazy high quality. Gawd, I'm gonna get lost in this game. The Mechs.... The Mechs!!!!

I'm going to put you... on blast =D Did you like the mechon (not the faces) designs in XC Wii?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic