Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 4,371

iKhan

Oh this is only Japanese. Yeah I think I'll stay blissfully unaware for now. I don't want to know all the locations in the game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jaz007

My interest in this game has stealdily grown. I'm not watching the broadcast, but the freedom of choice if offers is really appealing and sounds like a big sellling point right now. Also, does this have turn-based combat at all?
I'm really thinking about getting the game right now.

Jaz007

Dezzy

Jaz007 wrote:

My interest in this game has stealdily grown. I'm not watching the broadcast, but the freedom of choice if offers is really appealing and sounds like a big sellling point right now. Also, does this have turn-based combat at all?

Same combat as the first game. Auto-attack with time gauges. Like FF 12.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Jaz007

Dezzy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Same combat as the first game. Auto-attack with time gauges. Like FF 12.

So it's similar to Ni No Kuni?

Jaz007

Spoony_Tech

Is it just me or does anyone else see a bit of Starfleet Officer in the main character?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Untitled
The environments are so varied like XC, can't wait to get lost in it all.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Dezzy

Jaz007 wrote:

I thought that was regular turn-based like the earlier Final Fantasies? Dragon Age is another good comparison for the auto-attack battle style. If you haven't experienced the approach before, it's weird to start with. But you get used to it and it does help it become more about strategy as you progress.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

Cross has the hypest run I ever seen in a game

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jaz007

Dezzy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I thought that was regular turn-based like the earlier Final Fantasies? Dragon Age is another good comparison for the auto-attack battle style. If you haven't experienced the approach before, it's weird to start with. But you get used to it and it does help it become more about strategy as you progress.

No, it has timed turn-based where you click an action then it carries out and you can move around before and after you make the action. I've never played drgaon age before either. I think Ni No Kuni has what you're talking about though.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

iKhan

Okay, while the environments and freedom of this game are very enticing, I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to be really light on accessible story. It seems like the game is going to mostly be just you questing for NLA

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

What is Cross following?Navi?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

triforcepower73

iKhan wrote:

Okay, while the environments and freedom of this game are very enticing, I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to be really light on accessible story. It seems like the game is going to mostly be just you questing for NLA

This is getting really old, people questioning the depth of the story. Takahashi has stated that the story will be a "deep plot compared to XC's more simplistic plot." How much more confirmation do you need? Also they've stated they don't want to spoil the story so they won't show very much of it before the game releases. I mean all we've seen is the very basic premise.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blast

iKhan wrote:

They're showing gameplay instead of cut scenes because that would be spoiling stuff.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

What is Cross following?Navi?

Its either a mini game or the Navigation Ball that helps the gamer when lost.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

This is getting really old, people questioning the depth of the story. Takahashi has stated that the story will be a "deep plot compared to XC's more simplistic plot." How much more confirmation do you need? Also they've stated they don't want to spoil the story so they won't show very much of it before the game releases. I mean all we've seen is the very basic premise.

When did he say that? I've read all the interviews, but I haven't heard him say that.

Anyway, I know that it's really hard to deliver a good narrative in a very non-linear game. While I don't doubt that there will definitely be story in the quests and world, I'm not a big fan of when the entire story is told implicitly. IMO implicit storytelling should be a sidedish to a main course that someone playing the minimal game can understand.

Faruko

This is the game of the year for me, hands down

and one more thing

how the hell does this game looks much MUCH better than anything else on the WiiU ? Did Monolith found somekind of extra power on the WiiU others are not seeing ?

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

triforcepower73

iKhan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

When did he say that? I've read all the interviews, but I haven't heard him say that.

Anyway, I know that it's really hard to deliver a good narrative in a very non-linear game. While I don't doubt that there will definitely be story in the quests and world, I'm not a big fan of when the entire story is told implicitly. IMO implicit storytelling should be a sidedish to a main course that someone playing the minimal game can understand.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/242463-xenoblade-chronicles-x-to-...

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

MsJubilee

Faruko wrote:

and one more thing

how the hell does this game looks much MUCH better than anything else on the WiiU ? Did Monolith found somekind of extra power on the WiiU others are not seeing ?

With imagination you could do anything,even use the Wiiu's power to it's fullest.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

midnafanboy wrote:

Faruko wrote:

and one more thing

With imagination you could do anything,even use the Wiiu's power to it's fullest.

Thank you for the quote change! O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

iKhan

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/242463-xenoblade-chronicles-x-to-...

Fair enough.

Still, I wish they would give us some initial conflict so that there is a more enticing premise than "you crash land on a new world"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic