Forums

Topic: Wonderful 101 - How Nintendo will force me to buy it !

Posts 41 to 53 of 53

rallydefault

It's in US now? Downloading.

rallydefault

Ganondwarf

My birthday is coming up in like 23 days! I am defiantly getting Pikmin 3 but do I get wonderful 101 ahhh.....

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

DudeSean

Relias wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@Kewlan Why would you say that Pikmin seems to be aiming for a younger audience? To me, Pikmin seems aimed at gamers of all ages. The Wonderful 101 seems a lot like Power Rangers to me, which was a kids' show.
@19Robb92 So adding sexual innuendos makes it for adults? It could still easily be targeting the 10-15 year range I mentioned. As if PG-13 movies don't have sexual innuendos...
As for the gameplay, I tried the demo and it seems alright, but I still don't think it's my kind of game. I'm still getting that saturday morning cartoon vibe from it.

You know there comes a time in every gamers life.. when they have to look at the console they purchased and wonder if they made the right choice... I think that time has come for you Dude.. cause frankly most Nintendo games.. and exclusives there of.. will give you that Saturday Morning Cartoon Vibe.. I mean really.. a lot.. from Punch Out.. all the way to Mario.. and even Sonic.. all give me that.. (Probably because I fondly remember a lot of cartoons based on them.. except maybe Punch Out.. less you include King Hippo in Captain N.. ) But then that is the reason I like Nintendo sometimes.. is it takes me back to my youth and reminds me that not everything has to be realistic.. bloody and gory.. and shooting.. or racing.. and yet it can still be fun.. and appeal to adults.. (Even with cartoon like graphics... it's all ages material) The most important thing is gameplay.. as a adult I have learned that.. when I was about 15.. I would have stayed away from Nintendo with all my might.. trying to prove I was a mature gamer.. and that Nintendo's cartoony stuff is just the suck.. now as a perfectly mature gamer.. I can say.. you know what.. forget it.. gameplay makes the game not the way it looks.. or splashy graphics.. of course it is possible that your one of the few gamers.. that do not like cartoons.. or Anime.. as thus the graphics turn you off.. but I have very seldom seen that being the case.. at which well hey.. whatever floats your boat..

That being said.. I am sort of looking at this game.. but not as hyped as I should be.. is there a Demo in the US coming?? I might try it.. it does look good and interesting.. I am just not sure if I would be into Pikmen.. and a Pikmen with Superheroes.. (While I like me some heroes) is not changing my opinion any.. )So I would have to try the Demo first.. that being said.. Did anybody know it's coming out September 15th?? it's like the biggest secret eva...

lol. Just because there's one particular game for the Wii U that I'm not interested in then I shouldn't have gotten the Wii U? That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I feel like Nintendo does a good job of making games for everyone, from kids to adults and even sometimes the elderly. But I don't get that feeling from Wonderful 101. That's great that the Wonderful 101 has many supporters, because it does need it. But I don't have to like every single game that comes out for the Wii U just because I have a Wii U.

I agree that the most important thing is gameplay, and I'm not talking about the graphics when I say the game reminds me of Power Rangers (because Power Rangers wasn't a cartoon). I've never cared about "proving" to anyone or myself that I'm a "mature" gamer. I like what I like I don't what I don't. I like Mario and I like Call of Duty. It's not the graphics that turn me off. I like the Wind Waker and Mario games. In fact, the Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game series. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but this game just doesn't seem to be for me. It's fine that I'm not interested in it and it's fine that others are.

19Robb92 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@19Robb92 So adding sexual innuendos makes it for adults? It could still easily be targeting the 10-15 year range I mentioned. As if PG-13 movies don't have sexual innuendos...

Of course not. I'm saying it's there. Don't judge the book by it's cover.

But you were pointing out that it's there as a way to say that it's also targeting adults. I was saying that having sexual innuendo does not necessarily mean the game is targeting adults. Also, how can you say anything to me about how I shouldn't judge? I know just as much about the game as you do and you have an opinion on it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Sleepingmudkip

the only way i will buy this game if no other game is being released in september and i dont get wonderful 101 i just get some indie games.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

rjejr

Kewlan wrote:

Also, how would you even draw the sword, hand, whip, gun etc on PS3/4 or Xbox360/One?

I've played the entire demo w/o using the screen, the right joystick draws. Not saying I wouldn't use the screen in the full game, only that you don't need to draw on it. I did use the screen for inside the building but that screen could easily be mapped to the tv as well, they just put it on there to be cool. I'm pretty sure it wouldnt' take much to get thsi to a non-screen platform. Oh, and the PS4 controller touchscreen would work for drawing.

As for the game, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm due to multiplayer requiring Classic or Pro controllers as I don't have any. I'll probably buy acouple of used ones if they can't patch the game to work w/ the Wiimotes adn nunchucks after awhile bu tI am going to wait on buying this now.

Which brings me back to my original point - if multiplayer can work w/ only 1 Gamepad, then this game CAN be played on other systems.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

19Robb92

DudeSean wrote:

necessarily

There's your problem. I'm not saying you can't judge it anyway you want. I'm saying there's content in the game that "necessarily" isn't aimed at kids or teens.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

mii-gamer

that nintendo direct was convincing - especially that last trailer

I am doing a free give away for my website. See inside for details :P

Kewlan

rjejr wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Also, how would you even draw the sword, hand, whip, gun etc on PS3/4 or Xbox360/One?

Stuff...

I wrote that message before any of us had played the demo, and I had no idea you could do it with the control stick. I actually prefer using it instead of drawing on the screen.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

luke17

Is there going to be a US deal that you get a discount on 101 if you buy Pikmin? I think I remember reading that Europe is getting a deal. Anyone know?

luke17

Azooooz

Wonderful 101 UK Launch Trailer:

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

conman2012

Thats a pretty convincing trailer.

I'm liking how they are slowly releasing more and more of these morphs.

conman2012

-KwB-

I gotta be honest but one of the main reasons Wonderful 101 interested me was also definitely the nice art-box !

-KwB-
3DS FC: 5284-1639-7776
Currently - MARIO TENNIS ULTRA SMASH
Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby and Rainbow Paintbrush, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros Wii U, Deus EX, Metroid Fusion
3DS: Smash Bros 3DS

Nintendo Network ID: KeWeBu

TheLilK98

WaveBoy wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Technically both of these games (Pikmin 3/W101) wouldn't have a hard time being done on any other system and both games even give alternate control schemes (though the best way to play is using the gamepad). Even from a technically level both aren't really doing anything that impressive and will most likely hold up more due to art style than anything. (but again that says more to the strength of the art direction than anything.)

@Sony_70

I totally support your opinion for Pikmin 3 - I don't think the game loses a whole lot if you don't use the gamepad. But for Wonderful101? Wouldn't want to be without a dedicated tablet for that one.

I think pikmin is far more intuitive, more natural, easier, quicker and enjoyable to control with the wii remote plus/pointer controls rather than navigating the environment with a clunky tank-like analog stick, it's no wonder why Miyamoto demonstrated pikmin 3 with the wii remote plus in the first place. to each their own i guess, but i could never go back to the cube controller(for ex) after experiencing Pikmin on the wii using those tastey pointer controls.

Could the PS3 honestly handle Pikmin 3? it seems just a bit out of it's league, i could be wrong though. But at least 'move' could replicate the same pointer based gameplay.

"Tank like"? Dude, if an analog stick is tank like to you you're either a baby or you have a broken thumb. The game controls just fine without the wiimote.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.