Forums

Topic: Wonderful 101 - How Nintendo will force me to buy it !

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

-KwB-

Now, I don't know if you guys have the same feeling but W101 didn't caught my attention from day one.
Each month I got more and more interested and actually now I really can't wait to have my hands on W101 on the 23rd of August !
And I really think, it is due to the mass information we got from it and all the hype around it.
Nintendo is truly doing a good job to empty the pockets of the real Nintendo fans !
Did you guys have the same feeling ?

Looking forward to 16h !

-KwB-
3DS FC: 5284-1639-7776
Currently - MARIO TENNIS ULTRA SMASH
Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby and Rainbow Paintbrush, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros Wii U, Deus EX, Metroid Fusion
3DS: Smash Bros 3DS

Nintendo Network ID: KeWeBu

Shambo

Actually no, I was interested from day one. Platinum games, Nintendo supervision, superhero Pikmin...
Platinum games has already proven to get the concept of comical superheroes with Viewtiful Joe, back when it was Clover games. And none of their games weren't worth buying for the price they asked, and many are rare, underrated classics already. So to me this is a no-brainer, although I like the hype building. It's been a while since I felt this excited about gaming in general. Nintendo and business partners are doing a great job, in general!

Shambo

3DS Friend Code: 0473-7756-7818 | Nintendo Network ID: Shambo

Whopper744

I haven't been looking into this, but free demo catches my attention...and if the main dude is put into Smash Bros. That would get my attention.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

MAB

Yeah, the WiiU is much weaker than PS360

MAB

theblackdragon

@DePapier: I'd like to see you 'give an eff' about obeying our Rules regarding the use of English only, not using profanity, and not spamming a thread with useless replies. I know the hype is strong, but let's keep it in check, please and thank you :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MAB

DePapier wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah, the WiiU is much weaker than PS360

Let the fun begin. Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101. I wanna see whose donkey is gonna make fun of my console now. It's gonna be hard for me to even give an eff.

I don't think the PSOne could run W101 properly

MAB

shingi_70

Technically both of these games (Pikmin 3/W101) wouldn't have a hard time being done on any other system and both games even give alternate control schemes (though the best way to play is using the gamepad). Even from a technically level both aren't really doing anything that impressive and will most likely hold up more due to art style than anything. (but again that says more to the strength of the art direction than anything.)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DePapier

Sony_70 wrote:

Technically both of these games (Pikmin 3/W101) wouldn't have a hard time being done on any other system and both games even give alternate control schemes (though the best way to play is using the gamepad). Even from a technically level both aren't really doing anything that impressive and will most likely hold up more due to art style than anything. (but again that says more to the strength of the art direction than anything.)

What really matter here isn't much technicality. Miyamoto even said in a form that Pikmin 3 isn't something that just could not be made on other hardware. What matter here is, so to speak, the "spirit" in which the game was made, the design choices. And those design choices, if you read the recent Platinum Games interview, were influenced by Nintendo.

With that in mind, I hope some would not even dream to one day see the game go multiplatform. On this, as PG stated themselves, ask Nintendo.

Edited on by DePapier

rallydefault

Sony_70 wrote:

@Sony_70

I totally support your opinion for Pikmin 3 - I don't think the game loses a whole lot if you don't use the gamepad. But for Wonderful101? Wouldn't want to be without a dedicated tablet for that one.

rallydefault

Kewlan

I was doubting the game first, but now after the direct I fell in love with it! This is a day one purchase for me!
Also, how would you even draw the sword, hand, whip, gun etc on PS3/4 or Xbox360/One?
-
Offtopic:
@theblackdragon Hey, thanks for being such an awesome administrator, and even being kind to those who disobey the rules!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Nimsie

I don't get the hype, it looks pretty awesome and sure it has a lot of content... I'm just not interested. I don't know why :/

Nimsie

Snagrio

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

I don't get the hype, it looks pretty awesome and sure it has a lot of content... I'm just not interested. I don't know why :/

Same here, though that Direct did get me more interested then I was before.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

-KwB-

Gooo people !! Nintendo needs our help !! Third party support is a must !!! Help W101 sell !!

-KwB-
3DS FC: 5284-1639-7776
Currently - MARIO TENNIS ULTRA SMASH
Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kirby and Rainbow Paintbrush, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros Wii U, Deus EX, Metroid Fusion
3DS: Smash Bros 3DS

Nintendo Network ID: KeWeBu

shingi_70

DePapier wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

What really matter here isn't much technicality. Miyamoto even said in a form that Pikmin 3 isn't something that just could not be made on other hardware. What matter here is, so to speak, the "spirit" in which the game was made, the design choices. And those design choices, if you read the recent Platinum Games interview, were influenced by Nintendo.

With that in mind, I hope some would not even dream to one day see the game go multiplatform. On this, as PG stated themselves, ask Nintendo.

I'm not saying the game will ever go Mutliplatform. I'm just saying the game while looking amazing really couldn't have been done on any other platform. (On that note I don't think the game would have been made on any other platform tbh).

I was just mostly commenting on the art style. Its like how despite coming out on the same console two generations later Wind Waker holds up alot better than Twilight Princess does. TP is probably my favorite 3D zelda and I have to admit it looks pretty garbage these days.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KingDunsparce

I'm not really sure if I want it or not, but there's one thing I know for sure. It's coming out on September 15th!

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.